The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Simone Paragorn wrote:

Haha! Oh wow that is so creative! Love the rustic look of the dress! those buckets look so heavy! (slips you 1k linden) Will this help? :smileyvery-happy:

lol, yes...had to dress the part :matte-motes-silly:

Thanks to you & Uncommon :)

This outfit is amazing, Valerie!

Reminds of something a holiday Barbie would be dressed in.  You could be "Holiday Parisian Barbie" in that outfit, especially with the fly open skirt and the lace pantaloons (reminiscent of the Parisian can-can).  I love dolls in real life, and you look like the perfect Holiday Barbie, ala Parisian. 

Although you are way better looking than Barbie and avatars don't exactly look plastic, but that is a Holiday Barbie outfit if I ever saw one! 

Mayalily wrote:

Reminds of something a holiday Barbie would be dressed in.  You could be "Holiday Parisian Barbie" in that outfit, especially with the fly open skirt and the lace pantaloons (reminiscent of the Parisian can-can).  I love dolls in real life, and you look like the perfect Holiday Barbie, ala Parisian. 

Although you are way better looking than Barbie and avatars don't exactly look plastic, but that is a Holiday Barbie outfit if I ever saw one! 

Oh Maya, you've brought back memories...my girls used to collect the Holiday Barbies.  As a matter of fact, I think I still have them packed up in boxes somewhere :) 

I have to agree with you, it is the perfect outfit for that theme.

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Oh Maya, you've brought back memories...my girls used to collect the Holiday Barbies.  As a matter of fact, I think I still have them packed up in boxes somewhere
:)

I have to agree with you, it is the perfect outfit for that theme.

Yes, definately perfect for "Holiday Barbie" which is a special edition every year.  I'm not sure if they still have them or not?  But, if they do, the creator of that outfit should send that to Mattel for next year's Holiday Barbie.  They could get rich with that outfit.  Of course Mattel would make the pantaloon look more modest, but hey it's worth a shot creator -- send that to Mattel for Parisian Holiday Barbie!  

I always have loved the special edition Barbie's.  My sister has some, too, and often puts hers out for the Holidays.  I always liked the Valentine Barbie series and the Fairy Barbie series the best, but Holiday Barbie is always a beautiful vision, too! 

lol Maya,"Holiday Parisian Barbie", I love the idea. That's a very cute compliment. I loved my Barbie dolls when I was a little girl, especially the holiday and princess ones! Unfortunately I lost them through the succession of movings in a lifetime, but I still have a tender and fond memories of them. Thanks for your kind words on my "Reine des Neiges Barbie"! :smileyhappy:

Some awesome pictures.  Love the compisitions.

OMG on you ladies talking Barbies.  Just realized I finally got talked into playing Barbie, via SecondLife,  when I only played trucks when i was a kid.  Well if SL is like Ken and Barbie, then one compensation,  you girls added cruves :).........

teasing of course 

@Kylie, she does look like she needs to be rescued,  very soft.

@wildcat  love that shot the hazed background really brings her out

@Uncommon  That shot is very beautiful,  the light rays showing, nice hair

@Valerie  very cool shot,  your summer home in the Keys? 

valerie Inshan wrote:

Great shots Uncommon! And lovely avi!

Took off my Barbie dress to listen to good old rock this morning. :smileyhappy:

music.jpg

Oooo...is that album cover Sgt. Pepper's?

ETA: @Jake, lol on your story :)

@Uncommon, love it!

So much to catch up on; you guys have been busy.

First one... trying to capture a peaceful mood. Reflecting on the evening?

reflect_small.png

Second one... just a snapshot using the settings from the previous shoot. Sometimes a quick point & click can eclipse a lot of painstaking set-up.

postcard.png

While the pic was beautiful, I had to stay out of the barbie talk, all of mine always ended up without clothes or hair somehow lol, so momma didnt buy me the fancy ones :matte-motes-big-grin: Rock n roll tho, I get! \,,/  Gorgeous profile shot. I think thats my favorite of yours so far.

I love those pics Kelli, the sky is stellar and the water, wow:smileyvery-happy: (and ofc your ava always looks good lol)

Lol @ Jaikke, grownup barbies are totaly different :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.