The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

UncommonTruth wrote:

Oh awesome! Is that somewhere thats open to the public?

It's my sister's place... she decorated it for Halloween.  The cornfield is something she got in a hunt, I can't recall which... we're always going on hunts together.

@Venus: Thanks... I love my new skin too.  The issues I had with the older versions have all been fixed... I just wish he would have come out with the same shade I had before, but oh well.  Cool pic, btw... just be careful those birds don't mess up your lovely outfit.  Filthy creatures... lol.

@Isoldel: Nice pics... I'm happy you've decided to start posting.  I lurked for quite a while before I started and I'm glad I finally did... it can be lots of fun.

...Dres

@Uncommon - Well, don't let the age fool you, lol. I had an account years ago for a short while.

@Dresden - Thanks! And it is!

@Valerie - Nice shot!

This was a lucky shot with the lighting. For some reason SL was being stupid on me and wouldn't take a proper snapshot. My hair would never show up so I went "old school" and took a screenshot.

8.png

Visited the Botanical Gardens today. It kind of reminded me of the one in Washington D.C. If you haven't checked it out, I would highly recommend it... that is if your computer can handle it. The details are too amazing to miss out on.

12.png

That photo fascinates me. It's telling a story, but I'm not sure what it is. I think the ladies are saying if your avatar is taller than the height indicated by their raised hands, you're not allowed in the club. That's why the man is walking away dejected. He has been told to go away because he is too tall. 

@Val, I think you need some dance attire. You're clothes are too heavy and conservative for such a festive atmosphere. Dancing makes you sweaty and hot. You're going to want to remove your sweater before you collapse from heat exhaustion.

party1.jpg

Playing catch-up...

@Dres...nice pic, like the way it highlights your chest :)

@Venus...so cool, I love flying

@Valerie...wow, love your house

@Ian...nice scarf.  Who decorated your house?

@Isoldel...welcome, lovely pics

@LoveAngel...Reminds me of Medusa revamped

@Live...you have the most interesting jobs

@Chip...welcome, nice job!!

I made the skins custom for the avatar since its UV layout is very different from that of the default av.. I wouldn't count on anyone making custom shapes since the amount of work involved is pretty huge, but I will be offering a variety of different body types, bust sizes, etc. The clothing is also all custom made for the avatar so I'm currently working on a way to adapt them to different body variants. And yes, I did make sneakers once :)

That is stunning Chip.  I am curious, is this a mesh worn over the regular avatar mesh?  Perhaps I am slightly confused because I thought there was no way to 'import' a new shape into SL.  And sadly, Linden Lab's officially stated position at the moment is a "no" to Avatar 2.0  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Avatar_2.0

The only part of the regular avatar that isn't hidden and replaced by the mesh avatar is the eyes. When I say I'm making different shape variants I mean each will be a different available mesh object and there will be a version of each clothing item or accessory specifically for each body variant. There is no way within SL to alter the shape of a mesh avatar or clothing item. The trick is finding a way outside of SL to adapt the clothing items to each variant so that they don't have to be remodeled and reskinned for each one. I already have that worked out and am now just streamlining my workflow.

Edited to add: I should clarify because that isn't completely accurate. When using a mesh avatar some appearance sliders do still work and affect your shape. Any slider the alters the length or position of the underlying bones will still work, so you can still adjust height, length of arms and legs, width of hips, etc. The appearance sliders that depend on morphs to work like that alter the shape of the head and face, adjust breast size, etc, do not work with mesh avatars.

Anna Ermintrood wrote:

Awww thank you :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

I neglected to say welcome....so, welcome .  Nice to see new faces :smileytongue:

ETA:  Ooops, I see I welcomed you a couple of weeks ago, lol.  Well, now you have a double one
:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.