Jump to content
  • 0
xIIStormyIIx

why the hair disappears after teleport.

Question

  • 0

It`s a common problem hair or boots disappearing from your av after teleport, some days are worse than others. Your hair hasn`t actually been taken off of your av it`s a viewer thing. Try zooming your camera out as far as you can and hit the Esc key to refresh the scene, that works a lot of the time, or just move your camera away from your av and back.

 

Edited : " *** I can see it but others don't see***"

If you use firestorm viewer I think that can be a lsl bridge problem. In your inventory look for #firestorm folder see how many bidges are in lsl bridge folder, there should only be one but sometimes there are many. Detatch all bridges then go to menu bar on viewer, click avatar >avatar health > recreate lsl bridge.

If you`re using any other viewer I have no ideas, sorry, hope you find a fix:smileyhappy:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

It`s a common problem hair or boots disappearing from your av after teleport, some days are worse than others. Your hair hasn`t actually been taken off of your av it`s a viewer thing. Try zooming your camera out as far as you can and hit the Esc key to refresh the scene, that works a lot of the time, or just move your camera away from your av and back.

 

Edited : " *** I can see it but others don't see***"

If you use firestorm viewer I think that can be a lsl bridge problem. In your inventory look for #firestorm folder see how many bidges are in lsl bridge folder, there should only be one but sometimes there are many. Detatch all bridges then go to menu bar on viewer, click avatar >avatar health > recreate lsl bridge.

If you`re using any other viewer I have no ideas, sorry, hope you find a fix:smileyhappy:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

I suspect it has to do with the fact that most hair objects has alpha on and it is well known that the way alpha is rendered is buggy.

This happens to static objects in a sim too where there are alpha planes in front of it, it sometimes disappears, and require a click so that it knows it has to render it.

You may be able to reproduce it by wearing a prim on yourself, turn it transparent, and TP here and there.

Edited by SoniaVileva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There is effort going into resolving the problem. The Lindens at UG meetings have talked about what they know so far.

The problem is in a race condition in the system as it transfers your avatar and attachments to the new region. Things that aggravate the problem are poor Internet connections, having lots of attachments and scripts, having lots of attachments on a single attachment point. Reducing scripts is a significant help. Changing attachment points for those things that drop off is a big help.

I find that parts generally failing my TPs are things stacked on an attachment point. Hair and head are common problems for me. I often get that way creepy look, hair, brain, eyes, teeth, and no face... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I find that simply right clicking my head after teleporting usually makes the hair reappear.

Anyway, don't get all upset.  In the old days, it used to disappear from your head and wind up attached to your butt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I find that simply right clicking my head after teleporting usually makes the hair reappear.

 

Yep, this ^^ because my hair isn't actually detaching, it is simply not rendering right after the TP.  Sometimes just scrolling out and back in or zoom in and then out will fix it also.

Given what I see of other avatars, I cringe whenever I think about what I look like to others after a TP.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Those were the days:

OP, the hair drop off isn't quite the same as the body drop... it's likely just a redraw issue on your screen. Right click your head when it happens, the hair should come back - also, it's only on your screen, others will see you with the hair.

TP'ing has improved a lot over the years.

20161121023941-a27bc85c-me.jpg.9a4748354e04f4153debd3767c93605b.jpg20161121023701-95db6627-me.jpg.35289f827dd129009bee24035df04535.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yep, this ^^ because my hair isn't actually detaching, it is simply not rendering right after the TP.  Sometimes just scrolling out and back in or zoom in and then out will fix it also.

Given what I see of other avatars, I cringe whenever I think about what I look like to others after a TP.

The old Argrace hair always does this. I've always wondered if it were a LOD thing - but right-clicking my head always popped it into view, so I'm not sure. (and I keep my LOD set at 2, I refuse to go any higher). But since a click fixes it, it gives cause for wonder - because only Argrace and one other creator's hair does this for me - the others like Foxy and Evo never do this.

Oh, and cruising Blake Sea with LOD set to 2 shows who the crappy boat creators are really, REALLY fast LOL. But no naming and shaming, so I'll only say those boats are three to four times larger than most RL rural houses. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

The old Argrace hair always does this. I've always wondered if it were a LOD thing - but right-clicking my head always popped it into view, so I'm not sure. (and I keep my LOD set at 2, I refuse to go any higher). But since a click fixes it, it gives cause for wonder - because only Argrace and one other creator's hair does this for me - the others like Foxy and Evo never do this.

Oh, and cruising Blake Sea with LOD set to 2 shows who the crappy boat creators are really, REALLY fast LOL. But no naming and shaming, so I'll only say those boats are three to four times larger than most RL rural houses. :)

I have a few that do this - Argrace and some others - but pretty sure they are all older hairs. 

When I do hunts, I will often pop my LOD setting to 4 and the hair does the same thing then, so if it is related to LOD, then it needs a ridiculous setting to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Oh, and cruising Blake Sea with LOD set to 2 shows who the crappy boat creators are really, REALLY fast LOL. But no naming and shaming, so I'll only say those boats are three to four times larger than most RL rural houses.

They way they break up is so bad!

There is a saying about the men that drive those huge boats. They are clearly compensating. The bigger the boat, the smaller the... ummmm prowess. Of course, these are also the ones who also expand the slider on their aeros to mega.

As for the women who drive those huge boats... well, there is another saying the larger the cup size, the more likely they are males behind the screen. So, same compensation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Shudo said:

They way they break up is so bad!

There is a saying about the men that drive those huge boats. They are clearly compensating. The bigger the boat, the smaller the... ummmm prowess. Of course, these are also the ones who also expand the slider on their aeros to mega.

As for the women who drive those huge boats... well, there is another saying the larger the cup size, the more likely they are males behind the screen. So, same compensation!

Bahahaha! Some would say that chances are you're very wrong, but I'm gonna say you're right, even if I'm wrong that you're right, we'll just say it is so!  Because chances are you're a lot closer to right than wrong. Hahahahaha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...