Clubs can ban you without evidence

seangold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure but being an ex bouncer i kind of know what your saying, but whatever they were pissed one night thats young people, but trust me the pubs wont bar them for ever, they are just young people, trying to enjoy life like we deid smiles

its just my best pal ex marine hey had his leg blown off, and he ran for the parapletics cant spell it he tried to raise money and argued with a host, he is dead now, but he fought for his country, i recommended sl, my mistake

Who told you banning was against the values of SL?  If it was there would be no tools to control who you allow on your land.  You assume your values are the ideal SL values, but they aren't.

SL is not a your utopia, nor is it mine or any one else's.  Much like RL there are all kinds of people here with different visions of what SL should be and different values.  LL even has values and will ban you in a heartbeat from SL if you don't conform to their values on land they own and indeed all of SL.

When you are on land that is not owned by you, you must conform to the values (rules) of the owner.  The sooner you realize this and follow this advice, the more you will enjoy your SL.  If you continue to insist that everyone follow your way of thinking, you will find yourself banned by more and more places.

seangold wrote:

who cares right:

I'm not sure how any one could care, you have every one so confused, I don't think we have the full story on any thing your saying, sorry about your friend.

The kindest thing I could say would be to walk way from this post, your just setting your self up to be a punching bag.

SL can be a great place but there are many kinds of people here, you just need to find some like minded people to hang out with.

seangold wrote:

good response, but anybody can copy and paste their conversation, speaks for itself

Did you actually understand what I said, Sean? Yes, anyone can copy and paste a conversation but, once again, what good is that for? It does NOT “speak for itself”, because you can change it top to bottom from the moment you copy the original conversation, to the moment you send it to whoever you want to. There's no system in place to prevent tampering with a copied conversation's contents before you relay it to another person. None whatsoever.

seangold wrote:

but pal i record the code i am autistic one part of my brain likes the code

I'm not sure if you're autistic, but you're definitely rambling left and right, and making less and less sense by the minute. Were you like this during the whole club ban episode, Sean?

seangold wrote:

its just my best pal ex marine hey had his leg blown off, and he ran for the parapletics cant spell it he tried to raise money and argued with a host, he is dead now, but he fought for his country, i recommended sl, my mistake

I see this sometimes in RL as well, guy walks into a pub, leveraging off the fact he served in the armed forces, wearing it like a badge, expecting everyone to either bow low in abject adoration and expecting to be treated like some kind of minor deity or Hollywood superstar. You don't see many veterans from older generations blowing their own trumpets every time they encounter an obstacle in life.

Fact is, no matter what you have done up to the point where you start to kick off in a club, when you cross that line, all that honour you think you deserve, goes out the window, and you become just another yobo who talks with their fists and lands up in jail .. or in this case, banned.

My advice to you is put the medals and uniforms away and just be yourself, act like an adult and maybe have some fun.

I have to agree on this one. I was a Police Officer and one night got stuck in the middle of a fight between 2 guys and 3 bouncers (and yes, I did come off worse being a diddy woman) but eventually we got the 2 civilians into the van - and only then discovered that the one in the middle of the fight had only returned from Afghanistan earlier on in the week so when the bouncer came up behind him his instinct was to fight, which he did. However - when he realised that he had kicked the bejesus out of me, he never blamed his Army career, he was so apologetic and sorry for what he'd done, he hadn't realised I was a woman otherwise he would never have attacked me. Now he was a hero in my eyes. And no-one knew where he'd come from until the end of the fight.

Sean, your comments are rambling and switching too frequently to make any sense to anyone. You got banned from one club. There are hundreds of clubs out there that you can go to, this one doesn't have to be what decides your thoughts of SL. It is an amazing place, with a whole load of wonderful people in it, some not so but that's life. Put this behind you and move on else you're going to end up with only bitterness, and that is no way to live. Enjoy SL for what it is and don't expect it to mirror RL, because it never will - except that there are rules, there are Terms of Service, which we all sign up for on entering. 

Be safe, be happy, be here.

i am sorry apologise to the owner? you are kidding we are the punters we keep them in business, they have to endure our idiosyncrancies  without the punters they die

This one made me chuckle. We really dont have to endure anything... or conform to anyone elses ways or methods of operating to be "in business". We simply have to pay our tier each month.

As a sim/club owner, i'll ban anyone I want for any reason I see fit - because it's MY Linden given right to do so.  8 times out of 10 i'll eject someone first, give them a warning and they'll either be butthurt and leave or get banned as a result of their prepubescent maturity level when they respond to me. This is, however, for minor annoyances like chat spam or something just unpleasant to me or other guests. If you come in my sim to troll or just be blatantly disrespectful with a desire to test the waters to see what you can get away with, you'll find yourself permanently banned without warning and without remourse from the ownership, management, or anyone else around.

It doesn't hurt business or traffic to get rid of people who are unpleasant, it actually helps retain the people who are worth having around.

I have lifted bans from people who have come to me and apologized, some of which turned out to be great patrons, others ended up back on the ban list within a short time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.