lindens -how to make a quick buck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dont have a lot of time to spend in SL, but would love to make some $.  Is there any way to make a few lindens here and there?  Other than the XXX jobs, lol   I dont have enough time in SL to have a job, just wondered if i had any other options.  There used to be a machine GAB i think it was, that used a secret number and made you wait to redeem a couple lindens.   Anyone know if that still exists? Thanks

If your time is already limited do you really want to spend that time waiting for one or two lindens? There are still money trees and some of the coin/fishing games let you chase free money. I am really not sure what you get out of collecting 10L over a week though. The need to L$ is really overstated IMHO. I think the time is better spent on a really nice hunt.

Camping for L$ has nearly vanished completely. And even if you manage to find one fine camping spot, you probably end up spending ages just to collect 100L, which is less than a dollar. Maybe you should consider to exchange some real money into L$?

seanabrady wrote:

If your time is already limited do you really want to spend that time waiting for one or two lindens? There are still money trees and some of the coin/fishing games let you chase free money. I am really not sure what you get out of collecting 10L over a week though. The need to L$ is really overstated IMHO. I think the time is better spent on a really nice hunt.

HERE HERE! Hunts and reading a few freebie blogs is a far better use of time. the 1$l you get from camping for an hour is completely usuless for actually buying things.

I don't often disagree with you, but I found really good use of the few §L I was camping for when I was new. And now, there are so much more dollarbies inworld and on the Marketplace. 

I would not camp and think I should earn enough from it to do more than grabbing dollarbies though. But one linden is better than zero linden. I even camped and saved up for my first profile picture. Not a bad use of the money!

I spent time chatting with others and sorting inventory. If I had continued camping, maybe I would have a perfectly organized  inventory today. Buying lindens ruined that.:womanlol:

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

seanabrady wrote:

HERE HERE! Hunts and reading a few freebie blogs is a far better use of time.
the 1$l you get from camping for an hou
r is completely usuless for actually buying things.

Nonsense! :)

Camping pays much more than that. I know one that pays 2L per 15 minutes, for instance. You're trying to give camping a bad name :)

Phil Deakins wrote:

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

seanabrady wrote:

HERE HERE! Hunts and reading a few freebie blogs is a far better use of time.
the 1$l you get from camping for an hou
r is completely usuless for actually buying things.

Nonsense!
:)

Camping pays much more than that. I know one that pays 2L per 15 minutes, for instance. You're trying to give camping a bad name
:)

I've heard tell of that particular camping spot!!  A lovely place to chill out for a bit I might add. ;)

Making money is not an easy thing in SL. A lot of the jobs require time or effort on your part (whether they be XXX jobs or not) and if you're looking to purchase land or buy new skins or shapes, camping and money trees won't do it.

Since you don't have a lot of time on SL, might I suggest putting it to good use? Learn a skill...photography, building, DJing..and put those to work for you. For example: make something and put it on marketplace (or get someone to sell it in their store) or learn how to take new profile pictures for residents. I believe there are classes where you can learn these things.

I learned to live pretty well without a lot of lindens when I first started here. I went to a lot of different sims (granted, they were adult sims, but that's what I'm into), played around..got to know people, then eventually made a bit of money in an adult industry. It can be done...

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.