Ginger Pride

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a slightly different take on things:

My daughter is a redhead.  Many years ago, when she was 3 or so, we were on the underground in London.  Further along were an oriental couple who must have been tourists and indicated that they would like to take a picture of her.  I nodded and she posed (kids are like that) then asked me who they were and why they wanted a picture of HER particularly.  I told her she was probably the first redhead child they'd ever seen.  Years later we were at the Chinese State Circus and she suddenly said "I think you're right daddy.  They DO all have black hair."

Those poor people are so deprived (and monochrome).

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Seeing the OP reminded me of an article I saw on BBC online not that long ago:
 . A research project to count the redheads in Scotland is underway.

I imagined a line of would-be volunteer researchers stretching around several blocks.

Oh, interesting link, thanks

(My mother's maiden name is McDonald, and she's strawberry blond with tons of freckles...I take after her. Drawback is we burn easy, and have to stay out of sun.  Benefit....if this is considered one,...is we look like a ton of other Scottish people!  : )

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I'm curious..

was there always ginger or did it used to be redheads?

are they two different things or the same thing..and the term changed?

i just ask because i hear ginger more than i do redheads now and wonder..

I have no idea...there are a lot of "Redhead" groups in SL; haven't looked for any "Ginger" ones.  I always thought ginger was a shade of red - a lighter less intense look.  Other than those thoughts, no idea.  I'm sticking with Redhead. ;)

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I'm curious..

Some hair sellers offer reds packs and gingers packs.  Gingers are lighter and sometimes have an orange hue.

kk thank you =)

i mean i always knew there was a ginger tone..i guess i just didn't know if it was taking over the color zone nowadays as the main name for all the tones that redhead used to or not..

or if part of those tones became rebels and broke away from the red head family to make the ginger united front hehehehe

because i see it everywhere now..youtube and tv and stuff..

i know it may sound silly ..but it was just a curiosity i had ..

this seemed like the perfect opportunity to put it to rest for me  =)

Here is a very thorough discussion about Red Hair from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

The term Ginger is simply one of the many popular synonyms for Redhead being used  these days. The battle between "Redheads" & "Gingers" is pure media fluff designed to capture headlines.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I'm curious..

I have no idea...there are a lot of "Redhead" groups in SL; haven't looked for any "Ginger" ones.  I always thought ginger was a shade of red - a lighter less intense look.  Other than those thoughts, no idea.  I'm sticking with Redhead.
;)

Ginger sounds softer, more sensual and safer.

Like a red head with out a temper.  ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I'm curious..

I have no idea...there are a lot of "Redhead" groups in SL; haven't looked for any "Ginger" ones.  I always thought ginger was a shade of red - a lighter less intense look.  Other than those thoughts, no idea.  I'm sticking with Redhead.
;)

Like a red head with out a temper. 
;)

Bah!  What would a redhead be without a temper.  Go pursue a Ginger if you will, but keep in mind the same passion that is behind a redhead's temper is also the same passion she brings to....other things.  ;)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I'm curious..

;)

;)

Bah!  What would a redhead be without a temper.  Go pursue a Ginger if you will, but keep in mind the same passion that is behind a redhead's temper is also the same passion she brings to....other things. 
;)

I love it when the fire leaps from your fingertips to the keyboard and races through the Internet to my humble computer!

HAVE YOU BEEN GINGERED TODAY?

Classic Ginger.jpg

Classic Ginger [aka Red]............................ Lucille Ball

........................................................ Gingers can be Dramatic, Inspiring, Sexy and Funny!

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

HAVE YOU BEEN GINGERED TODAY?

Classic Ginger.jpg

Classic Ginger [aka Red]............................ Lucille Ball

........................................................ Gingers can be Dramatic, Inspiring, Sexy and Funny!

Lucille Ball was always referred to as a redhead - she refers to herself as having red hair in the "I Love Lucy" show.  Nothing "ginger" about her. *Hrumphs* ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I'm curious..

;)

;)

Bah!  What would a redhead be without a temper.  Go pursue a Ginger if you will, but keep in mind the same passion that is behind a redhead's temper is also the same passion she brings to....other things. 
;)

I love it when the fire leaps from your fingertips to the keyboard and races through the Internet to my humble computer!

Now you're getting it. ;)

One year I was part of a RFL team called Passionate Redheads .  I still have a copy of that flag.  Maybe I should put it up near my house again; kind of fly my colors kind of thing. *Grins*

Another redheaded beauty, Maureen O'Hara, played the "fiery redheaded lass" that was finally tamed by the John Wayne character in one of my favorite movies, "The Quiet Man."

This is my favorite line from the movie - "Here's a good stick to beat the lovely lady" - then the woman providing the stick curtsies.  Priceless!

The moral being, a redhead needs a firm hand.  *Nods solemnly*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.