Ginger Pride

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

HAVE YOU BEEN GINGERED TODAY?

Classic Ginger [aka Red]............................ Lucille Ball

........................................................ Gingers can be Dramatic, Inspiring, Sexy and Funny!

Lucille Ball was always referred to as a redhead - she refers to herself as having red hair in the "I Love Lucy" show.  Nothing "ginger" about her. *Hrumphs*
;)

KarenMichelle Lane: Sends Czari into the corner of the chat room for not keeping up on the discussion. 

FYI - Redheads, Reds, Gingers, [ the inelegant term Firecrotches ], Umbers, Carrot Tops, Oranges are all terms for the class of people with RED Hair from the pairing of the recessive gene we all share in common.,.

The intensity and shade of red varies from deep auburn red to, red, to orange to ginger red, to pale red to strawberry blond. We all are Reds and all the terms apply interchangeably. Depending on our diets, skin tone, age, exposure to sun, hair care product regime, and environmental conditions our presentation color changes over our lives.

..and this doesn't include color enhancements via L'Oreal - LOL

Stop making issues were none exist.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

........................................................ Gingers can be Dramatic, Inspiring, Sexy and Funny!

Lucille Ball was always referred to as a redhead - she refers to herself as having red hair in the "I Love Lucy" show.  Nothing "ginger" about her. *Hrumphs*
;)

KarenMichelle Lane: Sends Czari into the corner of the chat room for not keeping up on the discussion. 

FYI - Redheads, Reds, Gingers, [ the inelegant term Firecrotches ], Umbers, Carrot Tops, Oranges are all terms for the class of people with RED Hair from the pairing of the recessive gene we all share in common.,.

The intensity and shade of red varies from deep auburn red to, red, to orange to ginger red, to pale red to strawberry blond. We all are Reds and all the terms apply interchangeably. Depending on our diets, skin tone, age, exposure to sun, hair care product regime, and environmental conditions our presentation color changes over our lives.

Mom is Irish, red-haired (with freckles), green eyed, tough as nails when needed, soft when needed, quiet, patient and nearly devoid of temper. Dad was blonde, blue eyed, tough as nails when needed, soft when needed, quiet, patient and nearly devoid of temper.

I start the summer strawberry blonde and end it very blonde, with freckles. I can be tough, soft, quiet and patient... until I explode. Then I silently scorch the Earth.

So much for stereotypes.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

;)

Mom is Irish, red-haired (with freckles), green eyed, tough as nails when needed, soft when needed, quiet, patient and nearly devoid of temper. Dad was blonde, blue eyed, tough as nails when needed, soft when needed, quiet, patient and nearly devoid of temper.

I start the summer strawberry blonde and end it very blonde, with freckles. I can be tough, soft, quiet and patient... until I explode. Then I silently scorch the Earth.

So much for stereotypes.

:D Whips out the marshmallows to cook over the softly glowing embers of the scorched earth admiring the "red" glow.

Cooking.jpg

Czari Zenovka wrote:

;)

Sorry, I don't sit in corners and I don't recall you being elected forum monitor.

You obviously didn't catch the wink emoticon.  Whose the one making issues where none exist?

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

;)

I start the summer strawberry blonde and end it very blonde, with freckles. I can be tough, soft, quiet and patient... until I explode.
Then I silently scorch the Earth

So much for stereotypes.

IBS: "Silently? If only."

Nobody has ever pointed out a redhead in any of my antecedents, but given a fair amount of Scotch ancestry (with a dash of Irish) it seems likely there may have been at least one or two. Mostly my family members including both my parents (and both my siblings) were brown-eyed with brown or black hair. There were grandmothers with blue eyes on both sides, presumably that explains mine.

There are, in fact, some redheads in the mix now; I hope that trend continues going forward.

I won't get into gentleness or toughness or anything, but I am sorry to say it's pretty generally acknowledged in my family that the most terrible temper in the whole bunch belongs to me. I get over it quick, though.

And to KarenMichelleLane: Czari is quite free to take issue with anything at all, as are we all. I've only come to think of 'ginger' as a synonym for 'redhead' in the last few years; prior to that redheads were always redheads but ginger was a color. I use the terms interchangably now.

I have learned that 'carrot-top' is, at least in my immediate neighborhood, unacceptable.

ETA quoted post

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

;)

Sorry, I don't sit in corners and I don't recall you being elected forum monitor.

You obviously didn't catch the wink emoticon.  Whose the one making issues where none exist?

Oh Czari my sweets. I didn't catch the wink. Please forgive my rebuke. Apology offered with hugs and "red" blushes...

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

;)

Oh Czari my sweets. I didn't catch the wink. Please forgive my rebuke. Apology offered with hugs and "red" blushes...

I'm also not your sweet.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

1st one is a DJ, (pretender), second one is real.

But what a dye job :D

That brings up an interesting point.. There are Reds by Birth and then Reds by Choice. A few friends I know in my real life that have chosen to join the ranks of the Reds have a great attitude about it and appreciate the membership. I must also admit that I have changed the state of my red presentation a few times as well [usually by going darker]

- So can Reds by Choice, also celebrate in the Pride?

Great stuff. I'm not sure what triggered it, given this thread has been here for quite a while, but I was reminded of Robert Heinlein's fascination with redheads. I was a voracious reader of science fiction as a kid and young adult (and I sitll enjoy it) and I've probably read almost all of Heinlein's stuff. In almost all of his stories including anything remotely resembling an interesting female, that female had red hair. You could pretty much be sure anyone who was an important female in a Robert Heinlein story had at least one green evening gown.

I think in "The Puppet Masters" he went on a bit about how redheads were not like other humans, but I couldn't find that on google. I did see a quote attributed to him but which I've also seen attributed to Mark Twain: "The rest of the human race is descended from apes; redheads are descended from cats." Overlooking the fact that based on the current theory we really aren't 'descended from apes', we just share common ancestry, it's an interesting comment. The passages I remember from Heinlein also suggested that there was something about redheads that separated them from the rest of us.

Not coincidentally, both Mark Twain and Robert Heinlein were fortunate enough to be married to redheads.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Great stuff. I'm not sure what triggered it, given this thread has been here for quite a while, but I was reminded of Robert Heinlein's fascination with redheads. I was a voracious reader of science fiction as a kid and young adult (and I sitll enjoy it) and I've probably read almost all of Heinlein's stuff. In almost all of his stories including anything remotely resembling an interesting female, that female had red hair. You could pretty much be sure anyone who was an important female in a Robert Heinlein story had at least one green evening gown.

I think in "The Puppet Masters" he went on a bit about how redheads were not like other humans, but I couldn't find that on google. I did see a quote attributed to him but which I've also seen attributed to Mark Twain: "The rest of the human race is descended from apes; redheads are descended from cats." Overlooking the fact that based on the current theory we really aren't 'descended from apes', we just share common ancestry, it's an interesting comment. The passages I remember from Heinlein also suggested that there was something about redheads that separated them from the rest of us.

Not coincidentally, both Mark Twain and Robert Heinlein were fortunate enough to be married to redheads.

I don't think you can survive in SL if you don't Grok!

I will say, Redheads and twins, I liked the way he thought.  ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.