Need Help With Lolas (Desperately)

LeetahSoulstarr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently purchased Lolas and I am finding it to be far greater a challenge than I expected to get skin tone to match and for the breasts themselves to blend well.

I'm very frustrated at this point and am in desperate need of some help. If anyone out there who has managed to get their lolas looking good, would be willing to share their knowledge and tips on how best to do it, I'd be so grateful.  I've seen them done well in the past and they looked great so I know it can be done, just clearly not by me :matte-motes-dont-cry:

I searched YouTube and was surprised to see there is not a video on the subject.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Leetah

For blending, Lola's come with a tanktop layer that you can tint the color of your skin. The edges are graduated and transparent, so it'll fade into your skin and not be noticeable.

However, the best option BY FAR is to get an applier from the maker of your skin. Many skin creators are making them now, and they make the blend completely seamless. Head to the shop from which you bought your skin and buy an applier. If they don't have them, I strongly suggest buying a new skin. There are many beautiful skins out there, and if you're set on using Lola's, they'll look much better if you can buy a skin AND the matching applier for it.

Another tip: move your implants so that they're about at your collar bone. If you move them out, away from your chest, you'll notice an indention on the implants themselves that mimics the collar bone. Move them back in, and move them so that the indentation is up against your avatar's collar bone. Since that area is naturally shaded to indicate shadow, some discoloration can be hidden there.

Thank you all for your responses and thank you Madeline for the help inworld :)

After more tweaking, and the help of a few others (I sense a joke in there somewhere...How many people does it take.......lol), the consensus is that lolas were meant to be worn BIG..much bigger than I wish to have them, and wearing them smaller, makes it difficult to have them lined up properly on the sides. It's sorta a one or the other type thing...good on the chest, but not good on the sides and vice versa. That can be worked around with certain clothes, but it is just that, a work around.

I love the lolas, just prefer them on the smaller side. Where there is a will, there is a way, so they say and I am not ready to give up just yet. Wish me luck!

And thank you all again for your responses. It's much appreciated :)

Leetah

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I just have to ask... are smaller Lolas called Lolitas?

...Dres

I once tried a demo.  Well, there were no such small ones one could call Lolitas.

So personally I'm satisfied with the avatar's own "Lolitas". :smileyvery-happy:

mewp a mew :matte-motes-dead:

I was able to get them perfect with a 5% reduction in size.

I am going to try another 5%, but last time i tried 10% total reduction i could not get them adjusted right, but i think i figured it out doing the 5%. 

So i would suggest make a copy, wear , do a 5% reduction, then very carefully reposition them to there natural position, and looking perfect.  Then make a copy of that and try again with 5% more.

Boobilicious success!

After a few more grueling hours of tweaking, rotating, moving, sliding, pulling and pushing, I have my lolas right where I want them! Phew! A victory hard earned that was :)

Again, thank you all for your help. It's greatly appreciated :)

I'm off to get my diploma in rocket science now ;)

Leetah

LeetahSoulstarr wrote:

Boobilicious success!

After a few more grueling hours of tweaking, rotating, moving, sliding, pulling and pushing, I have my lolas right where I want them! Phew! A victory hard earned that was
:)

Again, thank you all for your help. It's greatly appreciated
:)

I'm off to get my diploma in rocket science now
;)

Leetah

And still no pictures?

We has a sad.   ;)

If you read the developer kit on these things, it says that if you have the UUID of a texture, you can simply say it to the developer kit and it will give you an applier, for a perfect match. They use the same UV map as the Second Life avatar.

So you can take that to the maker of your skin, and either ask for the UUID (unlikely to get it), or ask them to make an applier.

I've seen a skin maker turn out an applier for a customer, and it took all of about 5 minutes to do.

- If any skin makers are reading this, that's a great way to up your sales as the prop seems to be THE HOT FAD OF 2013.

Frankly if they came in 'normal size', I'd get them - because the shape is so much better than the SL avatar. But as is, the things are HUGE and the people I've seen who tried scaling them down got poor results as its one fused piece and you also scale down the front your chest.

I wear mine fairly small. (At least compared to most! ^.^') Works fine for me.  The hardest part is just getting the RBG right ....a hopeless endeavor. 

Your best bet is to simply find a skin with appliers included. This can be annoying when you first make the switch if you like your current skin.  Take heart tho, there are LOTS of quality free skins available. 

If you havn't already, search out the "Big Boobie Babes Freebees" and "Tango clothing group" groups.  Both are incredibly helpfull.  There's a thriving community of Boobie Luvers who will help you find skin, clothes,  or offer "tech support".   

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.