Those who can not respond

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You know how sometimes you ask a simple question and get no answer?  Like in-world someone says "I can't use voice."  So you ask "What viewer do you use?"   Then you get no answer.  You wonder why.  It's a simple question.  But - the reason why you get no answer can be just as simple.  Unfortunately the same reason may make it impossible to get an explanation.  In fact it could be the person would love to answer you but can not respond.  I'll list a couple possible reasons to make my point.

• My mother told me not to talk to strangers.
  • The organization I work for told me not to respond to questions.

See?  People can be put in a bind where they'd like to respond but they can't.  So while you're tempted to blame them perhaps you should blame their mother or sumptin.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

i get you Qwal.... 

im going to blame also their mother and boss then... ah wait.... i was already doing at least for the 2nd option :smileywink:

ah ! and i blame their damn addiction to bowling too...:smileyvery-happy:

Course mothers sometimes get the blame for stuff they shouldn't.... nothing is simple. 

(Sorry you mothers)

Tex Monday wrote:

I had a serious answer to your question, but then realized where you were going.

So I refuse to take such a silly thread seriously

I think it's wise to avoid taking things too seriously.  Seriously tho that ability to decide for yourself how seriously to take things is a powerful coping mechanism. IMO.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Huh?

That was my initial thought as well....just thought it was because I haven't had any caffeine yet today.

ETA: A thought just popped into my mind re:

"My mother told me not to tallk to strangers.

In his routine about airport security, George Carlin asked: "Just who is a stranger? Surely everyone is known by someone."

Edit: Typo

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

No, you may not ogle the new mailman with our right eye.

Thank you for making that point.  It's like the opposite of what I was putting out there and yet it supports my idea.  See - it could be those people that are toooooo willing to answer questions that lead to 'rules' like I listed.  Like "Yes, I told you it was polite to answer questions.  But NOT that kinda question from that kinda person.  So STOP it." 

It's no wonder people end up with issues n like that.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Everyone who is affected by option one shouldn't be in SL or the internet at all.

I had not thought of that.  So when a person in-world can't use voice and won't answer a simple question like what viewer then they might be under age.

Perhaps they could be on the internet though.  As long as someone was 'watching' and making sure they didn't answer any questions.

well isnt an answer the minimum of respect we owe to someone who is asking smth to us ? I mean a mutual respect between humans ? you see... like everyone has the same right to get an answer, whatever the question is. Specially, when the question is asking clarification about what the non answering person said previously... 

well, i say this, i say nothing :matte-motes-sunglasses-2:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

You know how sometimes you ask a simple question and get no answer?  Like in-world someone says "I can't use voice."  So you ask "What viewer do you use?"   Then you get no answer.  You wonder why.  It's a simple question.  But - the reason why you get no answer can be just as simple.  Unfortunately the same reason may make it impossible to get an explanation.  In fact it could be the person would love to answer you but can not respond.  I'll list a couple possible reasons to make my point.

See?  People can be put in a bind where they'd like to respond but they can't.  So while you're tempted to blame them perhaps you should blame their mother or sumptin.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I understand.  Thank you for doing what you could.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

yes Qwal, you forgot another probability in your list :

---- my planet is too far from you for answering :smileywink: (or maybe the answer is on its way but since it comes from far, it wont be here before some days )

Sure.   I knew people would add more examples.  It takes a village.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Huh?

That was my initial thought as well....just thought it was because I haven't had any caffeine yet today.

ETA: A thought just popped into my mind re:

"My mother told me not to tallk to strangers.

In this routine about airport security, George Carlin asked: "Just who
is
a stranger? Surely everyone is known by
someone
."

Thank you for that.  I do miss George.

My great-grandmother used to say "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything"

My grandmother used to say "If you can't say something nice about someone, come and tell me all about it".

My mother used to say "If you can't say something nice about someone, make sure you tell the truth".

My wife says "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't answer them".

My wife trains Customer Service Operatives.

Snugs McMasters wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

No, you may not ogle the new mailman with our right eye.

You're miffed because I fired first. And no, I didn't learn that from Dad.

Is that anything like the line from "Hallelujah" (my new favorite song) that says:

"But all I've ever learned from love was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you..."

I'm still pondering the meaning of that (I spend a lot of time pondering).

Since I'm already on this line of thinking...there was a thread on SLU that included the mp3 of a SL resident singing this song at a memorial service for a SL resident who passed away - that rendition remains my favorite.  I then watched the video of Leonard Cohen (the author/musician of the song) - the pain expressed in his rendition was heart-wrenching.  Watched a few others (everyone and their brother seems to have recorded that song) and my next favorite rendition, after the SL resident, is KD Lang's version; the video of her performing "Hallelujah" at the 2010 Winter Olympics is visually amazing as well. (Tempted to post the video but last time I did that I got warned for inappropriate content. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.