Store Redesign - Would love your opinions on possible Designs

Domsson Lean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Back when I started my store on the Marketplace, I "designed" a logo with the help of good old MS Paint. Now, I think it is time for a touch up.

Only problem: I have such a hard time deciding between all the ideas I've come up with! So, hopefully you can give me your opinion on these? I'd appreciate any kind of input. Here you go:

1.B:

Mad Mesh Logo Design 1.B

2.B:

Mad Mesh Logo Design 2.B

2.E:

Mad Mesh Logo Design 2.E

2.F:

Mad Mesh Logo Design 2.F

3.B:

Mad Mesh Logo Design 3.B

5.A:

Mad Mesh Logo Design 5.A

That's all so far. If you wonder, here's what I'm trying to go for:

• Somewhat professional look
  • A bit of retro wouldn't hurt
  • Simple & clean

I guess it would be nice to keep the lightning as well as the color from the current design. However, I'm basically free to change these and in fact, I've played around with changing both. The reson I put them all up in orange here is because I don't want you to favor one design over another just because it has a different color.

Looking forward to any input! Cheers :)

I'm a fan of 2B. I don't think any of them are really bad except maybe the last one, the font is really hard to read. 2B Just seems to be the easiest on the eyes, you can control the background color and with the thin fonts you are using, that could be important later.

1b is actually the easiest to see at first glance, just not read. It stands out  more than the others, because of the contrast between the outline and the inner fill.

I do like 2b, the best of that group. If it were me I'd make the font much thicker with a slight dark(even slightly shadowed) outline around the lettering, and a smaller frame/background. The letters kinda get swallowed by the background.

I'm legally blind though. So I probably don't quite see what everyone else does, lol.

Intersting how many of you prefer 2.B. I'm starting to wonder if the main reason for that could be the fact that it has a backdrop, where all the others don't.

Anyway, my personal favorite was 2.E. Since 2.B and 2.E share the same font and symbol, I think I might experiment with a mix of both of them.

I will also try to make the font a bit bolder, but to be honest, I think being so slim is what mainly makes this font look nice.

Using the lightning as the 's' isn't something I would want to see, but using all caps might be worth a try.

Again, thanks for all the input - I really appreciate it as this is a very difficult decision for me! :)

Domsson Lean wrote:

If you wonder, here's what I'm trying to go for:
  • Somewhat professional look
  • A bit of retro wouldn't hurt
  • Simple & clean

In my opinion the image part of 5a has the most professional look, and none of the fonts has a professional look, they look to me all as 'home made fonts'.

The color you have chosen is good for the bit of retro that you aim for.

Simple and clean: you are in the right direction with all designs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.