Avatar faces photoshopped on real people?

Frawmusl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its been out there for a while now, I remember I had a person ask me to do a morph photo (the one we all hate) and after explaining her that we use stock photos from Devart and not Google-hot-girl-photos she said she will think about it. Few hours later she IMs me to say that she found SL studio that specializes in this type of photos. I went there and it was a whole gallery filled with these creatures hahaha

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Frawmusl wrote:

Is anyone else slightly disturbed by this? I mean.. I get the concept, but it just freaks me out so badly! I even had a nightmare about some I've seen o_O Why is this becoming a fad?

You mean like this?...

Swamp Thing.jpg

Or this?...

Holly Would.jpg

Wow, I see what everyone means. Those ARE creepy!

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Frawmusl wrote:

Is anyone else slightly disturbed by this? I mean.. I get the concept, but it just freaks me out so badly! I even had a nightmare about some I've seen o_O Why is this becoming a fad?

You mean like this?...

Swamp Thing.jpg

Or this?...

Holly Would.jpg

Wow, I see what everyone means. Those ARE creepy!

You should see her from the inside.

I remember the first time I saw one.

I thought "wow, that is one nice looking Avatar."  :)

Then I took a second look.  :(

Most that I've seen are obvious phtoshops but I have seen a couple that were done very very good.

On the creep factor, I am meh about it.

I've seen some done very well, as in the actual work was done well. So it wasn't an obvious fake face on real face.

I still don't like them. I find it more than just creepy. I'm pretty sure a lot of the rl photos people use, aren't obtained with permission to use them however someone wants. Like the celebrity or model photos people use. It's so far from unique when you use another person's likeness, with your face. Avatar or not, it's creepy.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.