How do I edit this area

Sephina Frostbite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure if I know exactly what you are trying to do hon, but from my guess it's trying to make it so the frills aren't embedded as much and the texture of the bra top is a little more consistent? Maybe? If so then it would be the gravity slider under torso you would need to play with, and possibly the slider that joins or separates your breasts (can't remember what it's called). I hope that is helpful, if not maybe try and explain in a little more detail what you are trying to do.
   I had to read the post a number of times to come to the conclusion I did. Good luck! *hugs*

Check the folder or box your corset came in and see if there is an "alpha" layer.  You will need to wear it with the corset.  This should solve the issues you are having and can go back to some nicer breast than 0.  If there is not alpha layer included, I would contact the person you got the corset from and ask to send you a copy.

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Duh I forgot to explain. Im extra special today. Yes the mesh corset is digging into my breast but not matter how high I lift the twins unless I make my girls a 0 or so the mesh corset does that. Is there no fix?

What you need is a Martian to come and hold the twins up for you.  ;)

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

Check the folder or box your corset came in and see if there is an "alpha" layer.  You will need to wear it with the corset.  This should solve the issues you are having and can go back to some nicer breast than 0.  If there is not alpha layer included, I would contact the person you got the corset from and ask to send you a copy.

I have the alpha layer on. they didnt put it high enough i think. or my girls are covering up the top of the corset.

I'd still contact the creator, attaching that very pic. The strip of skin showing, and what I can make of the corset itself, makes me think there's absolutely NO reason why the alpha shouldn't cover that area.

In fact that's something that usually puzzles me... I can understand creators being very careful not to overextend their meshes' alphas in areas where the mesh actually ends... but so far inside the area supposed to be covered by the piece? Can't tell you how many times I've had to use additional alphas from other, better thought pieces of clothing from different creators.

Maybe it's made for the small boobed girls out there. If some creators make mess for butts the size of a continent, it would only make sense for some to make tops for the flat chested women out there.
Maybe not the reason, but it's possible.

Hi Sephina...most likely, it's one of these three sliders that need adjusted:

Body Fat, Torso Muscle, or Breast Size

After you've adjusted to your satisfaction, save that shape and rename it to something you will remember to wear when choosing this outfit :)

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Hi Sephina...most likely, it's one of these three sliders that need adjusted:

Body Fat, Torso Muscle, or Breast Size

After you've adjusted to your satisfaction, save that shape and rename it to something you will remember to wear when choosing this outfit
:)

Yes, usually body fat must be at 0 for most mesh....... sad.

I would say reduce the size of your boobs a little bit becuase once you hit 60 or so they start to droop a bit.

Or you can reduce the torso muscle slider a little. I know the muscle slider isn't restricted to just the arms, it does affect the rib cage a bit as well but I'm not sure if it'll affect the front as much, but I would say to give that a shot.

Or possibly body fat if you have it on anything. I usually have mine on around 8-12, but sometimes I have to reduce it because I end up in a half-size for standard sizes, and they don't make those. 

Hi Sephina,

some mesh outfits come with Lola Appliers. Depending on what size you used and your av size for mesh sizing you may have to makwe a few adjustments anyways beyond the "standard slider numbers" I would think that Torso Muscle would be the slider, breast is usually higher and body fat would be down by the belly button and a bit lower. I you are using a "S" Mesh object body fat should be 3 -7 on the slider. "M" mesh object should be from 6- 11 body fat. No matter what standard sizing usually has to be tweaked and the slider number will coincide with the other numbers you have for the size mesh you are using and shape. I haven't seen any clothes that I don't have to mess around with a lot then save a copy of my shape with the outfit name so I don't constantly have to change. As another poster said, sometimes you have to use extra alphas from another designer.

I still wont compromise on my original shape as it took a long time until I was happy with it, so for any mesh I wear ( and I do love mesh) I make a copy of my shape with the outfit name.

edit: your outfit has an applier hud for the top :)

If you are into clothes in SL, it's a skill you will be glad to have.

ETA:  This thread gives good directions for making them.  I use paint.net, which you can download free from here.  Basically, you just use the eraser tool to erase the part of the image that you want to be transparent.  The one you need should be really easy because you don't need to worry about making it too big.  I'll send you a tattoo layer that has the Chip Midnight tempates on it. 

From that image you provide? It shows that you are not using the supplied 'Alpha-Layer' at all. You may have chosen to *wear* the Layer, but if you later add another Alpha Layer (say for a pair of shoes) it will cancel out the first Layer you have on. Unless of course you choose to ADD your alpha-layers and not just WEAR them. So be sure the Alpha-layer for your top is high-lighted in the Inv. listing. If it is not...then re-ADD that layer to your AV and watch those pups come into better compliance. ;)

SLGoddess wrote:

... add another Alpha Layer ...

Just a note; I wonder why 89.9 per cent (or something like that) of people insist calling it Alpha Layer?

This drives me nuts and freaks me out.  :smileyindifferent: :smileysurprised: :smileytongue:

freakout.gif

It is not a layer.

What is it then if not a layer? It's no secret, it stares right at our faces in the appearance edtitor.

It is Alpha Mask. Yes that's what it is. So, as it is a mask, why to call it a layer? shrug-1.gif

The fact that we can wear up to five Alpha Masks (by using "Add") at the same time does not turn the Alpha Masks into Alpha layers.

Editing-alpha-mask.png

Now, everybody repeat ten times after me:

It is Alpha Mask. It is Alpha Mask. It is Alpha Mask. It is Alpha Mask. It is Alpha Mask. It is Alpha Mask. It is Alpha Mask. It is Alpha Mask. It is Alpha Mask. It is Alpha Mask.

Thank you very much indeed all for your kind attention. :matte-motes-big-grin: :smileywink: :heart:

(I had nothing important going on at the moment, so I made this reminder to pass the idle time.) :smileylol:

when LL first introduced it, it was called an Alpha Layer.

It's kind of like when an artist releases a new album. It not an album, it a cd, or a MP3 download. It hasn't been an album for 30 years.

Sometimes the first name just sticks.

ETA

It's called the alpha layer in some editing software. or alpha channel, or just alpha.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

when LL first introduced it, it was called an Alpha Layer.

Sometimes the first name just sticks.

ETA

It's called the alpha layer in some editing software. or alpha channel, or just alpha.

It's great that Linden Lab has started to call the thing with the correct name (i.e. Alpha Mask). :matte-motes-big-grin:

I wonder in what software there is an alpha layer? In Photoshop there are layers and there are channels. The same is true in Gimp, it has layers and it has channels.

Channels are used to create masks, like alpha mask for example. Surely we can add a mask on a layer in Photoshop and Gimp. But that does not suddenly transform the mask itself into a layer. (Like adding sugar into coffee does not transform the sugar into coffee, it still is sugar).  :smileywink:

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/alpha_channel.html

"In graphics, a portion of each pixel's data that is reserved for transparency information. 32-bit graphics systems contain four channels -- three 8-bit channels for red, green, and blue (RGB) and one 8-bit alpha channel. The alpha channel is really a mask -- it specifies how the pixel's colors should be merged with another pixel when the two are overlaid, one on top of the other."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.