can i AR a profile with a disclaimer...

josh43701

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have some fun with them, make your own disclaimer...

This is a disclaimer to void your ToS disclaimer whether you read it or not.  And if you try to void my disclaimer of your disclaimer, then I void your disclaimer voiding my disclaimer voiding your disclaimer.  I further make it impossible for your disclaimer of my disclaimer to void your disclaimer able to void my disclaimer.

I wrote this a number of years ago, have not used it for some time, really had to look to find it.  :)

This is my 'disclaimer' in my profile

DISCLAIMER- Valid if read or not

You can't join SL and then choose which parts of the TOS you'll follow by posting some silly disclaimer in your profile. If you think you can, you're just ignorant, so I'm stating to you clearly that YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION to share any IM with me with anyone else. If you do, I'll AR you and you'll find out how worthless your dumb a$$ disclaimer is.

I get a kick out of those disclaimers. I thought about putting a bumper sticker on my car in RL ... DISCLAIMER: If you're a cop and I'm speeding, this bumper sticker is here to inform you that I do not want to be ticketed and by reading this bumper sticker, you have now just agreed to let me go as fast as I want. I do like the disclaimer disclaimers posted, I've been meaning to put one in my picks forever :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Most of the disclaimers I've seen are pretty stupid.  I'm not so certain a disclaimer in your profile denouncing others' disclaimers makes you sound any better than people with the disclaimers you're denouncing.

I've seen some funny ones in profiles too over the years. I like when people add a bit of humor in them. But the whole "my disclaimer is better than your disclaimer because mine denounces yours and I will AR you" added in usually with some kind of threat or other vulgaritty....uh...I've never been fond of people that approach others in that way, regardless of which side of the fence they choose to reside. So, I laugh at those too.

Teagan Tobias wrote:

Have some fun with them, make your own disclaimer...

This is a disclaimer to void your ToS disclaimer whether you read it or not.  And if you try to void my disclaimer of your disclaimer, then I void your disclaimer voiding my disclaimer voiding your disclaimer.  I further make it impossible for your disclaimer of my disclaimer to void your disclaimer able to void my disclaimer.

I wrote this a number of years ago, have not used it for some time, really had to look to find it. 
:)

Hilarious

Lucretia Brandenburg wrote:

"When I read the disclaimer disclaimers, my impression is that the main intent, rather than a threat, is more to show just how absurd the original disclaimers are" she exclaimed about the disclaimers.

Oh, I'm sure some are, but they still read just as badly...which is why I laugh at them. I'm also fairly certain some of them aren't meant that way, and the people who wrote them just don't, or won't, see how silly they too sound.

But then, I'm not a fan of threats either, sometimes even ones in jest make the person sound like a fool. Some people do seem to have a complex about the whole disclaimer thing. It's a battle that's been waged many times, and I don't see it going away anytime soon, lol.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Why waste your time on a Waste of Time?

Um...

If any of us listened to -that- advice SL probably wouldn't last more than another day.
:P

I hadn't really considerred that.

I do hate when I lose friends to Real Life.  :smileyfrustrated:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.