UGH Bragging

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To brag a little about something you worked hard for or a look you put together is one thing but bragging about how much money you have constantly or how much money you spent on things does the opposite effect on me. Makes me want to run. Not that I don't like money I am just not a shallow money grubbing woman. If that's all you can talk about please don't bother me.

I do like to talk about other things other then how fat your wallet is. Call me old fashion but I like a man or woman with substance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

To brag a little about something you worked hard for or a look you put together is one thing but bragging about how much money you have constantly or how much money you spent on things does the opposite effect on me. Makes me want to run. Not that I don't like money I am just not a shallow money grubbing woman. If that's all you can talk about please don't bother me.

I do like to talk about other things other then how fat your wallet is. Call me old fashion but I like a man or woman with substance.

So, in other words, bragging about yourself isn't completely self serving and obnoxious as long as you're not talking about the money you have?  I beg to differ.  I'm thinking you really need to expand your concept of bragging.  And remember, it's not bragging if you can back it up.

There are other things that I'd be more interested in measuring on a man than their wallet.

...Dres

MuffinUnsane wrote:

But, can one brag about how much L they 
don't have?

if don't have 12L. i only got 11

I would of only had 1L but I get 10L off my linden bff on last valentines day

i not spend it. I am saving up to buy my own house. just so I not be any burden on anyone q; (:

People talking about money doesn't bother me.   As long as there's enough time to get them to the Justice of the Peace anf have the will changed  and filed before I pus....  they accidentally fall down the stairs and break their rich neck.   :matte-motes-little-laugh: 

You're right, I believe I did misinterpret the point that you were trying to get across... for that, I apologize.  No one has ever accused me of being the sharpest tool in the shed.

All I meant is that bragging about money isn't inherently worse than bragging about any other self-perceived attribute you may have.  Being disgustingly blatant about how fabulous you think you are, for whatever reason, is just a huge turn off.  On the other hand, humility, combined with self-confidence, is sexy as hell.

...Dres

SLtesterL2 wrote:

Bragging is so annoying and makes you look worse rather than making yourself look good. Whatever happened to being humble?... :matte-motes-impatient:

Humble takes too damn long!! Material stuff works faster for the short haul!

some like to call it bragging..i just like to call it being really honest about myself..

lol just kidding

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

So, in other words, bragging about yourself isn't completely self serving and obnoxious as long as you're not talking about the money you have?  I beg to differ.  I'm thinking you really need to expand your concept of bragging. 
And remember, it's not bragging if you can back it up.

There are other things that I'd be more interested in measuring on a man than their wallet.

...Dres

I beg to differ. Bragging is only about something that is true - that can be backed up. If it isn't true, it's lying, not bragging. Bragging is all about how the information is presented, not what the information is. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.