Can't remove layer of undershirt/underwear...

Fusionbolt2000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not in singularity either, but when I've had that problem it's seemed to be connected with either clothing or items worn that have special characters in the name (= ,+ * ) anything like that, OR too many tatoo layers worn together, OR one particular tatoo layer (not sure if its something done in the creation by certain makers or what but some facial hair is notorious) that somehow triggers that glitch.

If you wear a beard or chest hair, try taking it off and see if the clothing problem clears up. If so just switch hairs.

EDIT TO ADD:   Sorry, this was meant to reply to the OP, not SinfulPrince.

I'm on Singularity, and I'm wondering if you happen to sometimes use Firestorm or Phoenix instead.

If so, I probably have an answer for you ...   Go to "worn items" in inventory, and detach any "bridge" you might be wearing.

This bridge sometimes gets carried over from the Firestorm viewer session, and it causes heck with Singularity's inventory.

Singularity doesn't need or want this bridge, so detach it, relog, and enjoy sl.

Good luck!

Fusionbolt2000 wrote:

It was mainly the fact that the avatar was G rated and that I'm 16, but, hey, I was just asking **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif" border="0" />

As you stated in an different thread, you are under aged, you should not be having sex in SL at all. Keep your clothing on and keep your virtual legs shut before you get yourself and whatever person you are with permabanned.

No, no, no, no, NO, Your misunderstanding me, guys, this is getting embarrasing, I never said I wanted to walk around naked, I just want appropriate layers for my avatar, guys, your getting the wrong signal, I don't even support sexual activity like that, atleast not with me, you guys are getting a completely wrong signal, sometimes I wear a dress, that's all, and swimwear with underwear is weird, you're getting what I'm trying to say, this isn't about sex.

This skin that you made, is it a layer that went over your old skin, or is an actual skin that replaced your old skin?

Also, a lot of times it is easier to ask people inworld for help. Just stay away from places that say Welcome Center or Info Hub. 

If you search for groups with a key word of something that interests you, like Cosplay or whatever, that's a good way to meet people similar to yourself and then you can ask a simple question from them and they will see you are new and help you out.

Also, fill out your profile so people have something to base you off of, I think right now they think you're a guy.

Fusionbolt2000 wrote:

No, no, no, no, NO, Your misunderstanding me, guys, this is getting embarrasing, I never said I wanted to walk around naked, I just want appropriate layers for my avatar, guys, your getting the wrong signal, I don't even support sexual activity like that, atleast not with me, you guys are getting a completely wrong signal, sometimes I wear a dress, that's all, and swimwear with underwear is weird, you're getting what I'm trying to say, this isn't about sex.

Perhaps the bit about being with a guy, in underwear, is where people got your intentions.

Other than that, people already told you how to get the underwear layer off. I think it has more to do with the viewer you're using, since you seem to be having other issues with it elsewhere on the forums.

Fusionbolt2000 wrote:

Actually, that was when I was editing my appearance that the texture came up, but what I'm speaking of is a glitch with layers, nothing else, that skin was one I got from the marketplace.

Its not a layer glitch, you are underage. LL will not let you remove your underwear layers. try changing them.find other underwear layer clothing and hit wear.

This is a problem minors have in SL, that they can change their underwear layer but not remove it. This can cause underwear to show under clothing. I made Invisible underwear layers to solve this problem. Of course, you still have to wear clothing in public, but I don't think you should have to show your underwear, even if you are a minor.

One way to fix this problem is to buy pasties on Marketplace & replace your undershirt layer with these. According to SL, pasties are considered adiquate coverage in Mature regions, even though they would not be appropriate coverage in most places in RL.

Persephone Emerald wrote:

This is a problem minors have in SL, that they can change their underwear layer but not remove it. This can cause underwear to show under clothing. I made Invisible underwear layers to solve this problem. Of course, you still have to wear clothing in public, but I don't think you should have to show your underwear, even if you are a minor.

One way to fix this problem is to buy pasties on Marketplace & replace your undershirt layer with these. According to SL, pasties are considered adiquate coverage in Mature regions, even though they would not be appropriate coverage in most places in RL.

Well, thank you for letting the teens in SL know how to cheat around the LL dictate.

Thanks for the update but I guess being naked under your clothes is against the TOS for underage accounts and showing nudity on G land is also against TOS, even if you are at home. 

So if undies keep appearing on your avatar and you are an underage account then maybe LL set it up to do that.

If you are (ETA: underage and) editing skins or trying to buy things from MP you "shouldn't" or trying to get around it some ways you can get banned by LL for it, fair warning. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.