It is going to be a bumpy ride...

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Venus Petrov wrote:

To all of those who are about to or have been experiencing the effects of Hurricane Sandy on the East Coast of the U.S., stay safe and keep dry.  Sandy has been moving up the coast and it will linger while it moves inland between D.C. and Boston.

Agreed. Another link I've always enjoyed because of their real-time radar, IR and other satellite images is: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Best of luck to everyone on the front lines. Duck and nail the cover down.

I just heard from my sister on the East coast 1/2 an hour ago and she is under a mandatory evacuation order now.  She lives near the shore.

Based on the impact of previous hurricanes some engineers at John Hopkins have produced a map predicting the power outages from this storm.  Their model says as many as ten million people could be with out power as a result of the storm.

Take care of yourselves all my friends out there.

Its the affects of a large body in our solar system, I said you will start to notice it in October and it will get worst, Saturn right now is having storms that if repeated here would be the end of the human race, I hate to say I told you so, see we really live in an electric universe and NASA believe the universe goes round the earth.

To believe in NASA is like believing in what the church said 600 years ago

PS, soon you will all agree with me that the big bang is a fiction, only a matter of time.

Well, maybe the Mayans were right but in the mean time...........

Just read a post from a cousin who is a firefighter/ems in the affected area.

"If you are in a mandatory evacuation zone, please do not put my life and the lives of my brothers at risk by staying.  We will have enough work to do protecting your property with out the added weight of having to rescue you."

Boudicca, this article is way off topic, but neatly illustrates the situation.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=antiscience-beliefs-jeopardize-us-democracy&page=5

Essentially, seperating fact and opinion is something we called Enlightenment. Equating the two is very backwards.

Anyway, no need to reply, I don't want to derail this thread.

Be safe east coasters!!

Teagan Tobias wrote:

I live in Florida and I am always on the lookout for a better radar to track storms. Take a look at this one, I like it a lot. Look down on the page, use the controls on the left to go full screen and other controls to see computer models and the projected path.

Florida here too and grateful we dodged this bullet.  My thoughts go to all those in affected areas.  Been in some hurricanes...not fun.

I know why a false science is promoted, I won't say here because there is no point, the days of the USA are limited and things like NASA will just become a bad dream from the past, those that wish to control have to be lucky all the time whereas those that wish to destroy it have to be lucky only once, therefore making their control limited.

War and empires are just tools to collect gold, that is all.

Thanks for your good wishes.  I live on the east coast in the path of this and am prepared as I will ever be.  Have water and food stocked and emergency supplies at the ready.  Just glad I don't live in an area that gets a lot of flooding.  My biggest danger is If the huge trees in my yard and my neighbors yards come down.

The last big one we had left us without any utilities for over two weeks.  Ice and batteries were impossible to find within 100 miles and we all stunk because we had no water,  Had to walk a few blocks to the local spring in a park to get it and there was so much debris you couldn't drive there so you couldn't haul enough back to get a decent bath.  It was like living two hundred years ago. LOL  It really made me appreciate modern life.

Whether it's the Mayans or the Saturnians, it matters not much to me.

Either way I want to go out **bleep**ing my little brain out and I know the last word I want to hear is c*************ing.

I do think that if I was in the path of this storm, after I got to shelter, there could be no better way to spend my time.

As to where the storms express themselves I can't tell, all I know is that energy input is increased and the power ratio is changing(potential difference increase), many post ago I or luci said about the sounds heard as a precursor and indicator of a large body changing that potential difference, but you all said sound can't be heard in space(I didn't even say that) and I had no idea of the NASA led fake subject, well as far as NASA is concerned they are right as I don't believe in fairy's, but many educated here are convinced in fairy's.

Boudicca Littlebird wrote:

As to where the storms express themselves I can't tell, all I know is that energy input is increased and the power ratio is changing(potential difference increase), many post ago I or luci said about the sounds heard as a precursor and indicator of a large body changing that potential difference, but you all said sound can't be heard in space(I didn't even say that) and I had no idea of the NASA led fake subject, well as far as NASA is concerned they are right as I don't believe in fairy's, but many educated here are convinced in fairy's.

I can only hope that all that energy results in orgasms that I will never forget.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Whether it's the Mayans or the Saturnians, it matters not much to me.

Either way I want to go out **bleep**ing my little brain out and I know the last word I want to hear is c*************ing.

I do think that if I was in the path of this storm, after I got to shelter, there could be no better way to spend my time.

I lived through a hurricane in 1987, and sadly **bleep**ing anyone's brains out, or having mine **bleep**ed out was actually the last thing on my mind! But for sure we all did huddle together under blankets in a room without windows, and that was massively comforting. I believe, though, some people took their chances and had a bit of a drugs party in one of the lower level apartments nearby. Lucky for them it was only the top deck that got wrecked. " God" (or whatever Power Bigger Than Us) must have been smiling on us all for just looking after each other in whatever way we could.

Wishing the East Coast tons of luck, and hope the emergency services make it through too. Heroes the lot of them, and greatly undervalued.

Boudicca Littlebird wrote:

Your tag says it all, don't know why I waste my time here, posting in this forum is just a form of self abuse.

Oh I do that too.  Sometimes several times in a day.

I do hope that I don't go blind.

But it sure is fun.

I think the biggest threat are water levels, do you remember what I said about spirals in the rock as being safe places, over the next couple of years we may get surge tides higher than any recorded in the past, 1987 was very different and the tail end of a storm that the met office thought would peter out, but as I said months ago it is storm surge water levels that are the biggest threat to humans, but I did tell you that west of you is a safe area, lol.

East coast here too, watching the reports and staying safe...

Been through many hurricanes and the best things to do are charge everything up, have plenty of snacks on hand, be with at least one friend or relative, and stay flexible...

All the comments about boinking through the storm do have some validity. For those that stress or get anxious watching the news reports and hearing the wind hitting the house, doing something to get your mind off of it works best. A good game of Monopoly or an insane puzzle work pretty well. The downside of boinking your brains out is that if you loose power its a choice of a cold shower or smelling like sex for the next week! Of course it does happen because there is always a surge of births 9 months after major power outages, but still...

Latest reports have Atlantic CIty completely underwater already and this is not highest tide point yet. New York seems to be ok so far; all their expendable people are still on the street in front of The Today show window. The HMS Bounty, a sail ship used in The Pirates of the Caribbean and other movies sunk earlier off the NC coast with 15 of 17 crew rescued. Sadly, that area has been known as the graveyard of the Atlantic for centuries and keeps living up to its name.

Keep safe, dry, and inside everyone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.