is nudity allowed on a M rated sim

IMGypsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

21 answers to this question

It is your sim and it is common sense not to show up to poetry readings nude. Unless it's a nude poetry reading. Ban and eject them, it is your sim.

You shouldn't have to make a sign for every possible act of stupidity.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Maturity-ratings/ta-p/700119

As an afterthought, I wonder if they did not think they were nude, perhaps they were wearing clothing that was not rendering to you. It is possible and not entirely uncommon.

• Like 2

Nudity is not prohibited per se.  What's prohibited is public sexual conduct.  It's a little tricky.  Here's the "official" definition of what's allowed in a "Moderate" sim...

"Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life. Dance clubs, bars, stores and malls, galleries, music venues, beaches, parks, and other spaces for socializing, creating, and learning all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags. Groups, events and classifieds that relate to this broad range of activities and themes generally should also be designated as Moderate.

Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces). However if any of these businesses uses adult-oriented search tags, the region may be categorized as Adult and blocked from appearing in non-Adult search."

The burden to stay within Moderate bounds is therefore on the landowner. You are the one who will get crossways with Linden Lab if the sim isn't within the guidelines.  If you can have a poetry reading in the nude without "promoting sexual conduct", then I guess it's OK.  As the landowner, however, if you don't think you can do that, you can make your own rule that says "On this sim, we don't allow poetry in the nude."  As a matter of fact, as the landowner of a private sim, you can make any rule that you like and eject anyone.  You don't have to post a sign, and you don't even have to have a reason.

• Like 3

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - she knew exactly what she was doing. I read her profile after the incident and being nude wherever she goes is what she does. She is trying to prove a point but NOT on my sim. One individual (a so called friend) said well I should have something posted. Both of you have given me confirmation of what I already knew. Thank you again. Commonsense is often lacking. She is free to do her "thing" but not on my sim.

You make the rules...or, if you want, you can rule arbitrarily!

But as Charlotte says, sometimes a person will see themselves as clothed, but appear nude to others.  It's an SL glitch that can lead to a lot of confused argument.  So my advice would be to cut people a little slack, until you're sure they're really trying to push the boundaries deliberately.

• Like 2

LINDEN LAB should make a clear answer to that, as I still sometimes (fortunately rarely) get some puritan integrists asking me strongly not to be nude in M rated sims (I precise here I always have a decent behaviour in M sims when nude ...or not actually). I asked Kona LINDEN once and he said it was ok but LL should make it clear for everyone once for all.

G sims = No nudity nor sex

M sims = Simple nudity no sex

A sims = Nudity & sex ok

19 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

LINDEN LAB should make a clear answer to that, as I still sometimes (fortunately rarely) get some puritan integrists asking me strongly not to be nude in M rated sims (I precise here I always have a decent behaviour in M sims when nude ...or not actually). I asked Kona LINDEN once and he said it was ok but LL should make it clear for everyone once for all.

A sims = Nudity & sex ok

What LL says on the matter means absolutely and utterly nothing. It's the sim owner who gets to call the shots and if they don't want nude avatars on their region then that's the law no matter what LL has to say on the matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

LL should make it clear for everyone once for all.

A sims = Nudity & sex ok

and what you say here is wrong. So what's your point after nearly 10 yrs ( age of the thread)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and what you say here is wrong. So what's your point after nearly 10 yrs ( age of the thread)

Whoa, didn't even catch that. How the frick do people keep finding these old threads!?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

A sims = Nudity & sex ok

I don't even have to allow nudity or sex on my adult parcel.  

• Like 2

Sorry, @MALIFAX, but you are not only ten years late to the discussion, but you are wrong.

Who can wear what, and where, is controlled both by LL's Maturity guidelines AND the land owner. The land owner can't be more permissive than LL, but she can be (and often is) more restrictive.

For example, public nudity is frowned on in most Moderate regions, although what you do in the privacy of your own home is up to you. However, one can operate a nudist area such as a nude beach on a Moderate region, and a few people do. What LL forbids is public sexual activity. In other words, Moderate regions are a lot like most of the real world.

If you want to walk around nude, stick to Adult regions...but read the land owner's rules as well. As Rowan says, although LL says anything goes, the land owner has the final say.

In Second Life, the Golden Rule is, "She Who Owns The Land, Makes The Rules".

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.