the worng model will hurt your sales?

Zantyago Mannonen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok I understand... I think. I dont know many furries and those I do know doesnt have hair lol

This is looking better but I would suggest taking the photo from a straight on angle,instead of the slightly overhead one you have now. Makes the model and the gown look better.

Good luck :)

Great job Zantyago! It's definitely getting better and it gets the point across that it can be for anyone (furry or human). I agree with taking the photo at a straight angle. It might be easier for you just use yourself in the photos just change the avatar instead of having others help you and try to find times to have them there. You can take a picture of the background you'd like or find a nice one and insert them on the background (make sure they're cut out well or you'll be able to tell).

If you need help finding a human avatar I'd gladly be willing to help you find an affordable one. Many times when a skin or shape just comes out creators might have them on 'promo' that I've seen range from 10L, or 99L and up. Most times very affordable. Just IM me in-world if you need help and I'll assist you in search for a human avatar.

Some people really dislike furries,that's ridiculous but most people may pass by the add because they think it's for furry-only.

Background:You could do it cleaner,like,get a white place and take a shot there,like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hogwartsyourstory/6004240987/in/set-72157627345644170/ It would look fantastic,but the one posted with a castle background(one of the first answes to this topic) as really good to.

I think so , but use who you wanna use thats what makes it unique.

But people who see a something they don't like about the picture they won't even care about the product anymore.

For example:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7uPHqVps2P0/TPkNEe7lPfI/AAAAAAAAABI/xZaUyDVoDPo/s1600/ugly-fat-girl-bikini-old-woman-pictures.jpg

http://cdn2.mamapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Kim-Kardashian-red-bikini-hot.jpg

They will think that just because the person wearing looks like that , it means that they will look like that. which is super silly.

Zantyago Mannonen wrote:

Should I lower the pirce until someone dignates to qualify it?

Over what period of time would you run with that strategy?  No sale in a week halve the price?  No sale following week, repeat etc.?

If you want to merely test to see if anyone will buy it, you might as well trend straight to L$1 or L$0 because if they don't buy it at FREE then nobody will right?

Alternatively, if you've done your market research, believe that the price point that you have pitched at is the correct one and sustainable then you should stick with the price you believe in!

Good luck with that, in over a year my top selling item has had precisely ZERO reviews on Marketplace.  Once the move from Xstreet to MP, nothing but i'm not bothered about that.  The price remains and the item sells so it's not a strategy that I would choose.

Yes a furry model will hurt your sales, because the furry population + people who don't mind furry is less than the population of anti-furry people + people who don't care about furries and might think that dress is only for furries. It's just the way it is, people's preferences, similar to the fact that 90% of the stuff in SL is geared towards western fashion and maybe 10% or less is more Asian fashion.

Your ad isn't very appealing, due to the gown looking very outdated like it was from 2007 or something. Rarely anyone uses only flexi now, people need to learn to use sculpts/mesh in order to make stuff look realistic and good, then learn lighting to make the ad look appealing.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Your ad isn't very appealing, due to the gown looking very outdated like it was from 2007 or something. Rarely anyone uses only flexi now, people need to learn to use sculpts/mesh in order to make stuff look realistic and good, then learn lighting to make the ad look appealing.

Ummm... it's a vintage dress and looks exactly right for the period. It also looks like good quality to me. And don't kid yourself. Flexis and scultped prims are still way outselling mesh right now. It's slowly changing but it's far from there yet.

mtwtfss71 wrote:

Suki Hirano wrote:

Ummm... it's a vintage dress and looks exactly right for the period. It also looks like good quality to me. And don't kid yourself. Flexis and scultped prims are still way outselling mesh right now. It's slowly changing but it's far from there yet.

Flexi =/= sculpt. Read my post again. It's common knowledge sculpt is the way to go right now, and if you're feeling advanced go for mesh. Find me any popular store right now that still uses mainly flexi and none or very little sculpts, I doubt you can find any.

Anyways to OP, ignore my post if you want. But unless I'm mistaken your question asks if using a furry will hurt your sales, and I answered with my own response. How is that "nothing to do with the thread"? Also I'm one of those people who won't buy stuff that look like they were made in 2007, but I'm sure you can find others who will buy it.

• Like 1

I'd suggest working on the product descriptions. Things like 'high quality' and 'unique fabric' are marketing speak... you can say it if you want, but people will ignore it. What they want to know is things like what layers any system layer parts come on (having a choice is good), what it's made from (are there any sculpted or mesh parts) and that it includes glitch trousers. Which attachment points it uses is a concern (especially for the furry market).

It may seem like you're stating the obvious, but state it anyway.

Just my 2 cents but, if you want to sell them faster go with Mod/Trans/No Copy as permissions. Why does someone need multiple copies of a dress? Being able to transfer it however, you can buy it as a gift, put it in a gift box for your special someones rezzday. Mind you, this is from a guys perspective.

@Suki.. Most clothing stores use a combination of scuplts and flexi prims for dresses/ kilts. How is one supposed to make a flowy dress or kilt with sculpts? or even Mesh? Neither of them is flexible enough. I know of many places that use flexi prims.. DV8, Ripped, Falln angels, Solange, DE Designs, Blaze, should i keep going?

ETA @OP the biggest mistake you can make is having a freebie and then charging for it. all it does is make people who missed the, apparently 3 day sale, get pissed when they read the reviews. Also the perms on the one that was a freebie still say no permissions.. no one will buy a dress that cant be modded.

Zantyago Mannonen wrote:

Oh, I will havea hard time organizing the 2 girls again, different scehdules, very

You could always photograph everything separately and assemble the parts in photoshop. I see someone suggested shooting the models against a white background. That could work (or any solid color, really, that would be easy to select and cut out later.) Then just drop in the background. You can choose various scenic backdrops that way and experiment with different effects.

Then it doesn't matter when the models are available. You could even ask the models to photograph themselves and send  you full perm copies of those photos, if it came down to it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.