Unscheduled Maintenance [COMPLETED]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Bandwidth - They're still paying for that. They would purchase network bandwidth in bulk at a flat rate, not pay for it by the gigabyte like you seem to be suggesting.

* Support - They still have to pay their support people. They're not gonna come in to work only to be told, "Oop, sorry, network's down, go home we're not paying you! ^.^ "

* Us paying - Networks have down time. Get over it.

Lexbot Sinister wrote:

By they way, does anyone know if ANYone at all can log in? Or is SL down for everyone?

Whats the concurrency?

Nobody can log in because logins are disabled, but there are still plenty of people in who were already in when it happened, including one of my alts, so tjhere's plenty of concurrency although I don't what the number is.

I still can't login and SL has just got worse these days it seems i have the problem when i tried to update the veiwer 2 to the newest one everything is hot pink on my end so bad enough i have to run on i think its the 3.2.5 i thinks the one im on now that or run firestorm it sucks but now this grrr *grumbles under breath lets shoot SL's support team who wants to mess with stuff when its not broken already*

Hi Ines btw, Yes I went AFK  so as to go into town came back and thought at first that my net had gone, but to see so many are in the same boat as not to be able to log back in ( I was logged out) it is OK with me but heck I am getting withdrawal symptoms by not being able to get back in. Hope it will soon be fixed.

Lexbot Sinister wrote:

Oh hey, the marketplace is actually still working. Ironic, isn't it?

I'm filling my cart with demos!

Ummmmmm...it's working...kind of.  Just beware if you see...ohhhhhhh...a description for a heart candle with an image of shoes.  You might get the candle...you might get the shoes...you might land on a blank page.

Killian Sandalwood wrote:

Why can't Linden Labs give straight answers when the Grid Goes down for a large group of people ?

I'd imagine it is the same reason they don't give any updates to a badly broken MP for the last month except to say, "We're aware of the issue and working on it" while the Merchant Forums and jiras are screaming for help - or even just to know what's going on currently.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.