Jump to content

madstyle = keyword spam apparently


Tracey Dragonash
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

After seeing the upcoming madstyle banner event we decided to add our retro 60's style motorbike to it, it seemed like a nice marketing op.

Saw the banner was up this morning so had a look, no bike in the vehicles section, thought maybe not all the items were showing yet so wasn't too bothered.

But just now went to add a new item to the store and got a message saying that our DVW Corsair had been unlisted for keyword spam.

What point is there to taking part if an item that actually fits the description they gave is not only rejected but unlisted for spamming for using the very word they told you to add?

(Judging by the allowed listings we could have avoided this by adding an mp3 cd player to the bike :smileytongue:)

I have now relisted the item minus the 'madstyle' keyword.

Bike in question https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DVW-Corsair/3332251

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had two prefabs that I used the "madstyle" keyword in and they were both flagged for keyword spam and removed.  I relisted them minus the new "madstyle" keyword also.  I thought they were perfect for the theme.  I have come to the conclusion that the keyword is only meant for clothing designers.

So that leaves ME out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Marcus Hancroft wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that the keyword is only meant for clothing designers.

I would be interested in hearing from clothing designers on the forums to see if they listed any outfits with "madstyle" and if their items are delisted for spam.

The LL notice didn't seem to indicate clothing only, but who knows anymore. 

Sidenote:  Maybe it's a frame of reference thing, but everytime I see "madstyle" I think of Mad Magazine.  lol  "What me worry?" :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree it's most likely competitors. It happens to me a lot when I list new products, usually right after I send out a notice to my group about a new product being listed on the MP. Even if I have the item up for a day or two, it never fails, my new listing gets flagged after I send the notice out to my group. It's gotten to the point where I just wait for it and relist it immediately so my c ustomers don't miss seeing the item.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

irony is the people who should be using that keyword are being flagged yet we have completly and toally left the keyword spammers kill that keyword madstyle i mean rlly click the link and watch what shows up .seriously what were they thinking telling people to use it we all knew everyone was gonna use it even when it's not appropriate to the item. I did use it on my retro dress's only and no i did not get flagged yet but i am sure it will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems the only people who didn't see this particular flag fest coming were the Commerce Team. Having rushed out a vague and badly defined promo theme they now have to waste valuable time manning the barricades as the flag happy trigger fingers get to work.

^L^

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Lasher Oh wrote:

It seems the only people who didn't see this particular flag fest coming were the Commerce Team. Having rushed out a vague and badly defined promo theme they now have to waste valuable time manning the barricades as the flag happy trigger fingers get to work.

^L^

I disagree, I feel that the reason it was done was to incite a flag fest as a change from the boredom for support, who until now must have become bored at the constant referals to JIRA "yeah we know about that bug, just add your name to the JIRA" responses.

It's abundantly clear that some merchants have merely added "madstyle" to every item with completely abandon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Sassy Romano wrote:


Lasher Oh wrote:

It seems the only people who didn't see this particular flag fest coming were the Commerce Team. Having rushed out a vague and badly defined promo theme they now have to waste valuable time manning the barricades as the flag happy trigger fingers get to work.

^L^

I disagree, I feel that the reason it was done was to incite a flag fest as a change from the boredom for support, who until now must have become bored at the constant referals to JIRA "yeah we know about that bug, just add your name to the JIRA" responses.

It's abundantly clear that some merchants have merely added "madstyle" to every item with completely abandon.

This, I would have to agree with.  Taking a look at the items with that keyword, I see sex poses, makeup, meeroo nests.  It's just silly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Skins.. shapes..makeup..everything is very 60s like.. >.>

 

Edit: Makeup is related to the keyword if its styled after the trend of 60s, I did not

mean to say that it can not be related, sorry for my english. For skins and shapes

it would be related, in my opinion, if it would represent a person of the 60s.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I thought meroos were only invented this century.  Silly me, I should have realized they were an icon of the 60s.  I probably overlooked them because they were nesting in Liz Taylor's beehive hair-do.

 

 

 

***I'm confused as to why people are mentioning makeup as dubious.  I've designated a few makeup items that I believe are appropriate to the keyword.  But more than one person has commented in this thread about makeup as being dubious for this "promotion", so I'm a bit confused now.

 

Why not makeup? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...


Marcus Hancroft wrote:

I had two prefabs that I used the "madstyle" keyword in and they were both flagged for keyword spam and removed.  I relisted them minus the new "madstyle" keyword also.  I thought they were perfect for the theme.  I have come to the conclusion that the keyword is only meant for clothing designers.

So that leaves ME out.

WEll, take two. Clothing also may be flagged even though everyone knows hippie and rainbow are almost hand-in-glove my Rainbow items were keyword spam-flagged..

 

insert 60's Avalon posters that I own in RL here. As was said in the 60's May the baby Jesus open your mind and shut your mouth;)

 

fd108.jpg

 

ETA go figure the first poster of an Electric Flag  Poster was indeed flagged lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...