Discontinued.

iCade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Rose - And I want you to understand that not everyone wants clothing that only looks good in ONE certain windlight setting.
I have many white outfits that are beautiful in default light. So it's not impossible to achieve. You preach here about understanding, yet you're entirely reluctant to even try to understand my point? I get yours, but what you're preaching is fundamentaly beside the point I am making.

I have approximately 8000 clothing items. All look good in default.
1 outfit. Only looks good in ONE windlight setting.

Now, please do tell me why I should be happy with this 1 outfit? I don't give 1 star ratings lightly, actually this is my first time, and it was given after I gave the merchant ample time to respond to my IM's and notecards. Never got a lifesign, nor was I taken off their update list they forced me into upon purchase.

I have had troubles with products before, contacted the merchants then, too. They were kind, explained what I did wrong in the set up, or actually realised their item advertised as mod, was actually no mod and fixed the problem. Those get a 5 star review from me and my continued support.

Those however who don't give a dang at all and don't even bother to respond to a curteous inquiry should be the last to complain about a bad product rating.

Also, when previewing an item you get to show 8 pictures, you could use one of these 8 possible picture spots for a picture in default light?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iCade wrote:

I have approximately 8000 clothing items. All look good in default.

1 outfit. Only looks good in ONE windlight setting.

I imagine it looks good in hundreds of windlight settings.  What you do not understand, because as you say you are new, probably, is that "default" IS a windlight setting, and not one that many think everything looks best at (like avatar skins).  So what you are doing is arbitrarily insisting that everything must look good in this
one
windlight setting, default.

The bottom line, which most of us have come to understand and accept, is that
there is no way for us all to see things the same way
.  So you might as well set your settings so your avi and clothing look good to you and assume that a lot of others do the same.

Merchants do go awol for various reasons and I agree that a review should include this information.

You must do a lot of shopping to own 8000 clothing items -- that's 60 a day, every day. Like, ten outfits a day?

One thing is consistent, which is the view of others and the view of the OP and those don't seem like they will change any time soon. The horse is pretty much dead on that. But it is good to see that it has some thinking of how to more accurately represent their item. That is for sure a change for the good.

LOL Perrie - make it quick - the original got removed for "flaming" - although I don't know who could possibly have thought it was aimed at them, since I replied to Lasher, lol. Obviously this one was missing the "Snap Out Of It" Activator.

There's an inworld freebie too, complete with bubbles - I'll send you one. it's actually available RL from online joke shops - along with others including Diva (high maintenance forumula!) and Geezer (no extra shrinkage or fading!) http://www.onepassionplace.com/body_detergents.htm

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

LOL Perrie - make it quick - the original got removed for "flaming" - although I don't know who could possibly have thought it was aimed at them, since I replied to Lasher, lol. Obviously this one was missing the "Snap Out Of It" Activator.

There's an inworld freebie too, complete with bubbles - I'll send you one. it's actually available RL from online joke shops - along with others including Diva (high maintenance forumula!) and Geezer (no extra shrinkage or fading!) 

Thanks.  Sounds like I better be careful where I use it then.

You know what, I can't make you understand, and I'm not interested in an argument. Windlight settings are a standard part of the program and nothing will look good in all light settings to everyone. Sorry. That is not the merchant's fault, and I am very sorry that you believe it is.

I hope you enjoy your future purchases.

iCade wrote:

I am always in SL on Ultra Settings, so this isn't an issue caused by using low graphic preferences :3

It could be a difference in graphics cards, and there's a difference between Mac and PC many times too. There are lots of technical reasons that a color can look different on every monitor.

On the other hand, I wouldn't purchase from a merchant who substantially altered the appearance of the actual product. Color though, that's extremely variable between computers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.