what pre paid credit cards can be used to buy lin from canada ?

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

if none any legit 3rd party sites to buy lin from ?? and can a 3rd party site be used to get past the 1st time buyers lin cap of $30.00 ? id liek to get 10,000 lin but if i could buy lin normally id be capped at 7000-7500

so topic got moved and 90% of replies removed ... was probably more info in original topic than this ... 

24 answers to this question

I'll give you the link to the third party exchange info...

Not all still currently work, or at least not all ALWAYS work/are open for buying lindens, but it's a good list, I can recommend one, personally, I can't tell you about any I have not dealt with personally, though..

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_(L$)_Authorized_Reseller_Program

The one I have used, successfully...

Coinek-got the lindens nearly immediately, fastest one I have seen yet

Surprisingly Anshex  has issues now and then with prepaid cards, in the same manner LL does, so..despite it being popular, it's not a first choice for a lot of folks with prepaid cards..good trustworthy company though, so always worth a shot.

Tari Landar wrote:

I'll give you the link to the third party exchange info...

Not all still currently work, or at least not all ALWAYS work/are open for buying lindens, but it's a good list, I can recommend one, personally, I can't tell you about any I have not dealt with personally, though..

The one I have used, successfully...

Coinek-got the lindens nearly immediately, fastest one I have seen yet

Surprisingly Anshex  has issues now and then with prepaid cards, in the same manner LL does, so..despite it being popular, it's not a first choice for a lot of folks with prepaid cards..good trustworthy company though, so always worth a shot.

how well do these work for outside of the states ? 

and how long is the wait ?

and what happens if the lin never arrives ?

Splatulated wrote:

I don't know, I live in the states

Beats me, I can only give you ino on the one I've dealt with, it was pretty much instant. Most seem to say it can take up to 24 hours, though I doubt any actually take that long.

Likely a rare(if ever) occurance, but I suppose you're out the money until you dispute the charge on your card(which all cards offer, even prepaid ones, so, the money *can be recovered, if the need arises).

Bolded my answers

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

I don't know, I live in the states

Beats me, I can only give you ino on the one I've dealt with, it was pretty much instant. Most seem to say it can take up to 24 hours, though I doubt any actually take that long.

Likely a rare(if ever) occurance, but I suppose you're out the money until you dispute the charge on your card(which all cards offer, even prepaid ones, so, the money *can be recovered, if the need arises).

Bolded my answers

will any prepaid credit card work with 3rd party ? like say i were to find a walmart visa ? (if these even exist in canada)

Splatulated wrote:

will any prepaid credit card work with 3rd party ? like say i were to find a walmart visa ? (if these even exist in canada)

You have to try to know for sure. Each site tells you what it does and does not take.

I have successfully used prepaid cards with coinek, as I already stated.

Splatulated wrote:

if none any legit 3rd party sites to buy
lin
from ?? and can a 3rd party site be used to get past the 1st time buyers
lin
cap of $30.00 ? id liek to get 10,000
lin
but if i could buy
lin
normally id be capped at 7000-7500

Splatulated... please... :smileywink: :matte-motes-big-grin:

The money used in Second Life is not a lin. Please stop using your own invented abbreviations.

You're driving us crazy. freakout.gif :smileyvery-happy:

The money (or token) is called Linden dollar. Abbreviated as L$. Please do use those.

See? The L$ is even shorter than your invention 'lin'. Isn't it nice? Thank you very much for your kind attention. :matte-motes-smile:

[Rant off] :matte-motes-asleep:

Coby Foden wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

if none any legit 3rd party sites to buy
lin
from ?? and can a 3rd party site be used to get past the 1st time buyers
lin
cap of $30.00 ? id liek to get 10,000
lin
but if i could buy
lin
normally id be capped at 7000-7500

Splatulated
... please... :smileywink: :matte-motes-big-grin:

The money used in Second Life is not a
lin
. Please stop using your own invented abbreviations.

You're driving us crazy.
freakout.gif
:smileyvery-happy:

The money (or token) is called
Linden dollar
. Abbreviated as
L$
. Please do use those.

See? The L$ is even shorter than your invention 'lin'. Isn't it nice? Thank you very much for your kind attention. :matte-motes-smile:

[Rant off] :matte-motes-asleep:

i personally call them lints but i type lin  here cuz 1st 3 letters of linden labs

Splatulated wrote:

i personally call them lints but i type lin  here cuz 1st 3 letters of 
lin
den labs

They're not lints, or lins..and that's not even the name of the company. It's Linden Lab.

Regardless, when you make up your own words for things, people aren't even sure what you're always talking about. Sometimes, it's better to stick with the proper lingo

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

lin
den labs

They're not lints, or lins..and that's not even the name of the company. It's Linden Lab.

Regardless, when you make up your own words for things, people aren't even sure what you're always talking about. Sometimes, it's better to stick with the proper lingo

you know what i mean so does everyone else so its fine 

and sorry for not capitalizing the L's of Linden Labs grammar nazis is annoying

Splatulated wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

lin
den labs

and sorry for not capitalizing the L's of Linden Labs 
grammar nazis is annoying

Its not about capitalizing....its about the fact that the company is not called Linden Labs but Linden Lab, without the s.

Also...how do you know everyone will always know what you are talking about? Of course, its possible, because most here are willing to guess form the context...but in my honest opinion this makes you sound more and more like a toddler.

Splatulated wrote:

^ That, is why you don't get help, stop acting like a child when someone gives you advice.

It isn't a matter of being a grammar anything, it's a matter of making certain the people you are asking for help actually understand you. More than once people have asked you to clarify things, any advice people can give you is a blessing, imo. It wasn't the capitalization that I corrected, there is no s on the end of linden lab.

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

You have to try to know for sure. Each site tells you what it does and does not take.

I have successfully used prepaid cards with coinek, as I already stated.

will prepaid matter ? 

The real question here is, why has no one directed this imbecile to the 'Answers' Forum. Every thread he has started should have been moved to that section.

Look at the top of the page and you will see 4 tabs, one of them named 'Answers', start asking your questions in there and stop wasting bandwidth in here.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

The real question here is, why has no one directed this imbecile to the 'Answers' Forum. Every thread he has started should have been moved to that section.

Look at the top of the page and you will see 4 tabs, one of them named 'Answers', start asking your questions in there and stop wasting bandwidth in here.

He has been directed, several days ago. We should start asking for them to be moved there.

Splatulated wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

lin
den labs

As I used to tell my students, language conventions -- spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation -- are for the sole purpose of making writing clearer to the reader. They are not for decoration. For example, I have no idea what this means:

"if none any legit 3rd party sites to buy lin from ??"

People who do not trouble themselves to make their writing clear will find that people dont bother to do the work to figure it out.

With respect you are not even a month old and you've posted 104 times.   You seem incapable of even using Google to find some answers for you.   People have tried to help you and get you to see that, yes, we all need help occasionally, but you are using this forum as your personal Q&A page.   You will find people will get frustrated by you and just not bother trying to help.   At least try to help yourself a bit first.   Good Luck.

• Like 2

1.  Linden Lab does not accept prepaid cards.

2.  You can buy $L from an Authorized $L Reseller.  Some of them accept payment methods that LL does not.  Find a list of authorized resellers here:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_%28L$%29_Authorized_Reseller_Program

3.  Authorized resellers are independent third parties.  Buying $L from them has no effect on any trading limits set on your Linden Lab account.

4.  Authorized resellers can only sell you $L.  You cannot use them to exchange your $L for real world money.  You can only do that through LL, and only by using a verified PayPal account.

5.  The trading cap is temporary.  Once you make your first transaction, it starts the clock, and in a few days you will be able to buy much larger quantities of $L.

• Like 1

Hi! I using prepaid card as well, and had the same problem.
Aftert that I was thinking how can I fix that problem...

So the answer: create a paypal account for free, register and link your prepaid or any card to your account.

When you're finished you can choose the paypal at the payment infos in your account! :)

Kind regards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.