Random Asked Question the 3rd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As sad as it sounds I log in to be alone.  Really.  That is what I find fun - I will sort inventory, shop, build something useless or explore usually on my own.  The rare occasion I feel like socializing I will IM an online friend and see if there is anything going on or find an event or some live music.  I use the unavailable/busy option often.

I like almost everyone, but if I have the time to log on, it is because I had a few minutes alone and I want it to stay that way.

Cinn

Reading back what I wrote it sounds bad.  I really do enjoy people quite a bit and I have some of the most amazing and understanding friends.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

<snip>

Wouldn't it make more sense to say what you think is fun?

<snip>

Not in my case.

I don't really think what I just said makes for good profile reading.  I wouldn't make many friends with "Leave me alone. I don't want to socialize"

/me runs to see what her profile says...  Whew, nothing too encouraging or discouraging.

Hmmm, I do all kinds of things for fun in sl. I build, mostly nonsensical things these days, but sometimes useful stuff too.

I like to wander around the grid to all kinds of amusement type sims, like mini golf, surfing, amusement parks-those are some of my absolute favorites. I like to visit zoos too, and sit on the animals and go for a ride(get your mind out of the gutter, not that kind of ride). It's hilarious fun when you have buddies along. It's also something hubby and I used to do all the time when wandering the grid when he first came to sl. That and visiting this one particular sim-well set of sims, that had a castle and a vampire clan living on it. We used to run from them while they tried to catch us. It was great fun, but that place has, sadly, gone by the wayside. It used to be such a beautiful place with an enormous castle, lots of grounds inbetween with beautiful gardens and even places people could rez. We had a lot of fun with the people that lived there. Originally, I think we pestered them the very first couple of days, then they realized how much fun it was to chase us everywhere(no flying, or teleporting, just running, they didn't use meters, didn't bite us either) . We also like to randomly sit on things all over the grid anyway. Never causing mischief, just sitting on things, like buildings, signs, random animals, stuff like that and taking pics. 

We've got a LOT of old pics from back then, early 2008 to late 2009, mostly. I have a ton from before that, but none are on this account or this pc anymore. One of these days I need to find them all, they date back to 2004 :)

I've never been the venue/club type of person. I've got an allergy to excesive gesturbation, and sadly, there's no cure..sniffle.

Lately, when I've been logged in, I've spent more time working on new projects though.

Good question you ask, and good point you make about fun. To each their own and all of that.

Fun for me is anything that involves "stalking" but which doesn't actually encroach on anyone else's personal space, which I know sounds like a contradiction really, but the bot hunting used to be fun for me. To find myself in a box of "hidden" bots was like finding hidden treasure, something to take a silly snapshot with was even better.

And then bots dimininished somewhat, and I got obsessed with ghost hunting.  And all was just really a winding down before bed activity.

Or funfairs and trampolining or sky diving, or dancing (and all should be in inverted commas as I am not quite that active in real life).  I mean, I will reluctantly push a lawnmower in real life, but I wouldn't say its fun, and I certainly wouldn't enjoy watching my avatar do that in a virtual world.

Exploring is fun too, the most fun. Hopping on one of those (annoying!) driverless vehicles on the mainland was always fun, because I'd never know where my avatar would end up, and could leave her running while I was out in real life doing stuff, and then come back to find my landscape had changed beyond all recognition (often because I had crashed underneath a Linden ocean). 

Scuba diving, giant snail racing, ice skating. Visiting pretty sims full of crazy quirky interactive things. I can't remember where it is now, but I was even able to create my own alien avatar on one sim, and that was lots of fun.

In SL I live in a pretty much Enid Blyton world really, like the residents of The Magic Faraway Tree. I even once owned a slide that was as long as the Slippery Slip!

Not in world much these days though :( Really have got out of touch with things, but I guess fun is fun, and looking at people's photos from time to time, I see there's still plenty of it about.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

As sad as it sounds I log in to be alone.  Really.  That is what I find fun - I will sort inventory, shop, build something useless or explore usually on my own.  The rare occasion I feel like socializing I will IM an online friend and see if there is anything going on or find an event or some live music.  I use the unavailable/busy option often.

I like almost everyone, but if I have the time to log on, it is because I had a few minutes alone and I want it to stay that way.

Cinn

Reading back what I wrote it sounds bad.  I really do enjoy people quite a bit and I have some of the most amazing and understanding friends.

Doesn't sound bad or sad to me. Time in SL seems to go much faster than out in real life.

Photos from years ago.  I have a lot of those.  Some are still nice shots of wonderful builds.  Others make me laugh because I thought I looked so good back then.  At least it wasn't bling and a miniature sun face light.

I had more fun learning to do things than actually doing them.  I scripted a little, made some clothes and prim furniture.  Wrote the scripts and built my own pose and dance HUDs that I still use.  I was never any good at making clothes but I did get to teach someone else who is when she started.  I guess that's another sign of my inner nerd.  Learning is fun to me.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

So ... what do you do for fun?

I like to remind people about how foul-mouthed they can be, Rhonda, when they lose their temper and wish painful death on others, Rhonda.

Alec - to raise the awareness of such malicious people, Rhonda, among others who haven't realised the true character of such malevolent personalities, Rhonda

Marigold, you sound like you have a lot of ways to have fun.  For me I would put it ... I like to try something I have never done before.  I think most people call that exploring.

Oh, and ice skating!  I had forgot about that.  I must still have all the parts somewherre but I remember building a frozen pond years ago.  I put together a skate park with some animations and my first (and olny) vehicle that let two people skate together.  It was a lot of work and a novice biuld but I was proud of it.

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

I like to remind people about how foul-mouthed they can be, Rhonda, when they lose their temper and wish painful death on others, Rhonda.

Alec - to raise the awareness of such malicious people, Rhonda, among others who haven't realised the true character of such malevolent personalities, Rhonda

But sometimes being malicious can be so much fun.  :)

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Marigold, you sound like you have a lot of ways to have fun.  For me I would put it ... I like to try something I have never done before.  I think most people call that exploring.

Oh, and ice skating!  I had forgot about that.  I must still have all the parts somewherre but I remember building a frozen pond years ago.  I put together a skate park with some animations and my first (and olny) vehicle that let two people skate together.  It was a lot of work and a novice biuld but I was proud of it.

If I ever get properly back into world for a decent length of time, I am absolutely going to empty the contents of my inventory in a sandbox, all the things I made. I too made an ice skating rink, and was very proud of it. And I made a skybox dance hall that had a "mirrored" floor - you know, when you just duplicate what's on top to underneath a semi-transparent tinted prim, like that bizarre "sex" club that is still at Nieun that no one ever goes to now. 

I think studying SL history might be my next fun thing to do. 

But exploring, yes, thats what is most fun to do. And taking photos, even though my photos are really crummy in the main. They still make the most fabulous memories though, don't they? Of laughing until ribs felt they would break when you fell off a sky platform and only just remembered to find a parachute in your inventory before the last few meters, to break a fall ! Or was that just me?

Perrie Juran wrote:

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

But sometimes being malicious can be so much fun.  
:)

Sadly - and this is the real reason behind my seeming tree-hugging hippiness - if I am purposefully malevolant, malicious, or spiteful, karma does not just bite me on the bottom, but it causes me to lose my hair and teeth and break out in eczema! :matte-motes-frown: (can you imagine how I always picture Alec/previous incarnations?) Poor Alec.

I don't have much in my profile, but didn't want to have a blank profile!  I don't interact with many others, mostly by choice.  SL is like a peaceful oasis for me, away from all the worries, demands, etc. from RL.  

I've done quite a bit of shopping, but have slowed down since the first few months.  I like to explore around - road trips or sailing trips around mainland areas, mostly, and I enjoy finding SL historical areas or quirky places.  I do go out dancing from time to time - but for the dancing, not for the conversations or meeting others.  I really enjoy finding amusement parks to visit and try out all the rides.  

Another aspect I really enjoy is setting up home - choosing a house, decorating it, landscaping the yard, so I rarely stay in the same house more than a few months, if even that long :)  I like having birds or other nature sounds in the background. I enjoy having props for hobbies that I'm not able to do in RL - painting, dancing, etc.  I have a ballet bar with animations that I put up in my house provided my current house has room for it.  

I've tried some things just to try them out - I had a little store for awhile where I put up framed photos to sell, and later had a little store for awhile where I put up for sell some really, really basic furnishings that I had made.  I didn't sell anything, but setting up the store, getting items packaged for selling, etc., was interesting for me.  My other account currently has a coffee shop set up on one of the Bay City sims.  

I have explored some of the role play sims and rental community sims to see what they're like, but have not found a RP sim yet that I feel like I am able to devote time to.  When I'm able to, I try to take classes at Builder's Brewery or Caledon to learn more about building.   I can do very simple building, know how to texture faces, link objects, etc., but still consider myself very much a beginner still. 

It's a place where I can just be me and not have any demands or responsibilities other than those I choose for myself :)

Marigold Devin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Sadly - and this is the real reason behind my seeming tree-hugging hippiness - if I am purposefully malevolant, malicious, or spiteful, karma does not just bite me on the bottom, but it causes me to lose my hair and teeth and break out in eczema! :matte-motes-frown: (can you imagine how I always picture Alec/previous incarnations?) Poor Alec.

Are you insuiating that he is malicious, malevolent and BALD!?!

go to the shops mostly

click the MMs, sit the chairs, follow the shop group chats which leads me to more click the MMs and sit the chairs, and if anything looks ok then I might buy it sometimes

i do other things but they come and go in phases, but go the shops I have always done and is what I like the most

i am also pretty ruthless with my inventory, same my RL closet as well

i try keep my inventory about 5000 incl. library. So I bin quite a lot of stuff that I even buy. Like I buy a kemono recently and buy heaps of stuff for it and then I went nah! and binned it. lol. about nearly 3000L down the plug hole. Same mesh clothes normals, skins, shoes, etc. nah! down the plug hole 

then I go maann!! i got nothing to wear even. sad face. So I have to go to the shops agaaaiin!

(:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Its odd how you get a mental picture of someone just from what they write, dontyathink?

CassieMaia wrote:

I don't have much in my profile, but didn't want to have a blank profile!  I don't interact with many others, mostly by choice.  SL is like a peaceful oasis for me, away from all the worries, demands, etc. from RL.  

I've done quite a bit of shopping, but have slowed down since the first few months.  I like to explore around - road trips or sailing trips around mainland areas, mostly, and I enjoy finding SL historical areas or quirky places.  I do go out dancing from time to time - but for the dancing, not for the conversations or meeting others.  I really enjoy finding amusement parks to visit and try out all the rides.  

Another aspect I really enjoy is setting up home - choosing a house, decorating it, landscaping the yard, so I rarely stay in the same house more than a few months, if even that long
 I like having birds or other nature sounds in the background. I enjoy having props for hobbies that I'm not able to do in RL - painting, dancing, etc.  I have a ballet bar with animations that I put up in my house provided my current house has room for it.  

I've tried some things just to try them out - I had a little store for awhile where I put up framed photos to sell, and later had a little store for awhile where I put up for sell some really, really basic furnishings that I had made.  I didn't sell anything, but setting up the store, getting items packaged for selling, etc., was interesting for me.  My other account currently has a coffee shop set up on one of the Bay City sims.  

I have explored some of the role play sims and rental community sims to see what they're like, but have not found a RP sim yet that I feel like I am able to devote time to.  When I'm able to, I try to take classes at Builder's Brewery or Caledon to learn more about building.   I can do very simple building, know how to texture faces, link objects, etc., but still consider myself very much a beginner still. 

It's a place where I can just be me and not have any demands or responsibilities other than those I choose for myself

I'm also still a beginner at building, but I could happily build walls and roads all day long.  I once made a house that had no doors or windows from the outside, but from the inside it had an opaque wall that I could see out of. It was a proper little haven (and I think that might still be in my inventory somewhere - I must go and have a rummage in my inventory at some stage). 

I went through a spell of breeding Sion chickens, and enjoyed photographing and boxing up the eggs to sell at little stores I had on a few roadside 512m land parcels I had on mainland a few years ago. 

Its the little things that bring most enjoyment in Second Life, equivalent no doubt to how satisfying it was to crayon in a picture in a colouring book as a child.

I did log in for a few minutes the other evening, was randomly teleporting round mainland and jumped onto one of these pod things that go along the roads, (got in at Togato or somewhere along there), read the instructions, found I could increase the speed, so I put it up to 160% and went into mouselook.  Holy heck, was I travel sick! Took me a whole hour to feel ok again. 

Marigold Devin wrote:

Sadly - and this is the real reason behind my seeming tree-hugging hippiness - if I am purposefully malevolant, malicious, or spiteful, karma does not just bite me on the bottom, but it causes me to lose my hair and teeth and break out in eczema! :matte-motes-frown: (can you imagine how I always picture Rhonda/previous incarnations?) Poor Rhonda.

FIFY!

Alec - to point out who the real malevolent, malicious persons are

Perrie Juran wrote:

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

But sometimes 
can be

Really? Only if you have an unbalanced personality.

Alec - having multiple balanced ones.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Its odd how you get a mental picture of someone just from what they write, dontyathink?

I have always thought of you as a dog, Marigold. A female one.

Alec - misconceptions which are way off the mark

Golden Beltis wrote:

Hey everyone,

I'm sharing my research questionnaire here for anyone who would like to complete the questionnaire we provide an appreciation gifts which user can choose from, the appreciation gifts are:

1. Free hosting for one (1) year (5 GB Storage, 5 GB Bandwidth).

2. Free .com domain registration for one (1) year registered under your name.

3. US$5.00 to be sent to your PayPal account

We will appreciate if you decided to choose to participate in the question to please provide an accurate information.

It's 188 questions but nearly all of them are multiple-choice, which takes 25 to 30 min to finish.

Here is the URL for the survey

Thank you.

Cheers

Going, going, .....

Alec - these idiots thinking the rest of you are almost as stupid as you are

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Sadly - and this is the real reason behind my seeming tree-hugging hippiness - if I am purposefully malevolant, malicious, or spiteful, karma does not just bite me on the bottom, but it causes me to lose my hair and teeth and break out in eczema! :matte-motes-frown: (can you imagine how I always picture Rhonda/previous incarnations?) Poor Rhonda.

FIFY!

Alec - to point out who the real malevolent, malicious persons are

I take as I find, Alec, as you obviously do.

"Rhonda" has always been ok with me (according to the scribblings I have on her profile about section dating back as far as 2010).

Loadsa people find me ok, and OK! but some dislike me intensely because their first impression of me was I was barking at the moon at the wrong time of the month (or something like that).

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

I have always thought of you as a dog, Marigold. A female one.

Alec - misconceptions which are way off the mark

Oh I didn't read this before I made my last reply to you - and it seems you are, in my case, absolutely right - some of the time anyway. When I'm not barking at the moon, I'm chasing butterflies and rainbows and sending eyelashes to my very favourite people.

Time for a musical interlude methinks.

Marigold Devin wrote:

"Rhonda" has always been ok with me (according to the scribblings I have on her profile about section dating back as far as 2010).

Loadsa people find me ok, and OK! but some dislike me intensely because their first impression of me was I was barking at the moon at the wrong time of the month (or something like that).

Thank you.  And put me down in the OK! catagory :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.