All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The Jan 6, 2024 page I referenced, and the present page for https://lindenlab.com/about are identical. If two pages are identical, then how can one of them be "not true"? I fail to follow your logic that 1 does not equal 1. Do I need to show screen shots of both the present and Jan 6 Management to show they are the same? If you are thinking that a lack of a title means anything, than the last time Tilia was shown after a management position was on August 11, 2023. In this case two Tilia employees had Tilia, and two did not. And two of the LL employees showed Second Life after their position, and two did not. This all means absolutely nothing at all. Here are the August 11, 2023 Management Positions: And here are the Management positions on Dec 25, 2023: Starting in 2024 the Management has not changed, although there are two apparent promotions to Sr VP in SL.
  3. We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is ... well, beautiful. Timing makes a pudding delicious, so We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is ... well, beautiful. Timing makes a pudding delicious, so furries hear spoons jingling hypnotically in Ahern unless they poke spork into sensitive sexy mice. Whining solves pitchforks, but why and who, Caligula? Who and what mayonnaise does considerable light saltiness Twinkies. Who gesturebated at llamas everyday? Drama! But love is fuzzy. Ironically, yesterday became tomorrow, briefly, softly, invalidating outspoken sloths. The end is final, almost indefinitely.
  4. My understanding was, everyone has cell access and uses a simple universal cell app for monetary transactions, in most countries that some would call "backwards". Those same countries are now effectively "cashless", and so in actuality more "advanced" than the so-called "first world" countries. ETA: Google is my friend: "Mobile money is a digital payment system that allows users to send and receive money, pay bills, and purchase airtime and other digital products using their mobile phones. It's the most dominant form of digital payment in Africa, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa, where 144 mobile money providers operate." And: from https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/03/mobile-payments-africa-covid-pandemic 84% of internet users in Kenya and 60% in Nigeria regularly made payments with mobile phones in 2021. Several African governments encouraged people to use mobile payments instead of cash to try and limit the spread of COVID-19. Mobile payments help with financial inclusion in African countries, where many people still don't have bank accounts.
  5. Same here, bought a 2 years ago a new microwave, stopped working just out of warranty because spinning the plate was not spinning because the bottom on which the plate is resting was corroded (literally a gaping hole), although I cleaned out the microwave on regular intervals. Took my previous one out of the basement, repaired the contact point of the door for a small fee, and it still spins, cook and grills like before even it's nearly 20 years old.
  6. Dont forget today is concert day!! First up will be Anastacia, Shakira and then Pink!! hope to see you there!! Links and times above.
  7. Couple of questions for you . First: Who do you see as a potential buyer for SL? The platform itself is old, creaky, probably unmaintainable by anyone who doesn't already know the codebase well. Or is it the user accounts you think are valuable? You think someone is going to be tremendously interested in a database of people who mostly engage only in microtransactions, and where the inactive accounts with obsolete financial data outnumber the active accounts? Educate me, what am I missing. The question I ask myself is: why are any of the executive staff still in place? Both Patch and Grumpity have marketable skills. There are a lot of possible reasons. They could each have been given stratospheric compensation packages so that they will stick around until SL becomes empty and/or completely unmaintainable. But...why? The most obvious answer is usually the correct one. Given that SL's value as an acquisition target is not high, perhaps there is a desire on some employees' parts to continue SL for as long as it is self-sustaining, for the sake of the lives within it. Who knows, they may even be able to grow it somehow, or perhaps the mobile client has been done in a general enough way to make it useful in more applications than SL. There are more things in heaven and earth, Zali, than are dreamt of in your capitalism. Second: Have you been to Africa lately? I agree with you that it's probably not a big potential market for SL, but newsflash, the bulk of the population is not walking around in animal skins without cell access. Depending on the country, there are some vibrant economies and rapidly evolving societies. So please let's ratchet back on The stereotyping.
  8. Interesting! My own company stays out of debt and in fact loans their surplus cash to other companies for purchases. So, the idea of "keeping debt" being a positive thing, just hasn't occurred to me.
  9. Interesting, from this I realized that the Mobile development may in fact be something LL plans to sell for others to use, also!
  10. What they sell or keep is an exercise in portfolio management. I'm sure they sold Tilia at the very peak of its potential value as a semi-standalone Linden subsidiary, and sold it to somebody who can take it beyond that peak by integrating it with other products and services they offer. That will apply to Second Life, too: if it gets to be more valuable sold than kept, it'll become somebody else's asset to manage as part of that new owner's portfolio. At the moment it's pretty difficult (for me) to tell if the substantial investments they're making in Second Life is to gussy it up for sale or to maintain and expand its ongoing earnings potential. Either way, if the virtual reality metaverse weren't in a stagnant backwater of the hype cycle, they'd target (re-)development of that instead of mobile and industry-compatible content creation (glTF, viewer-side LUA, …). But a new owner, with other related products, would have different development priorities. So if you don't like mobile, pray SL sells to… oh, why not? Salesforce! (One minor point: There is zero chance they'll retire debt they took on a few years ago. They may redirect that capital in arbitrary ways, but they could make a profit just buying T-bills with those old loans.)
  11. Forget one major point: EU laws aren't laws, they are guidlines and adaptable by each member of the union. EU rules on the other hand are the law and are the same in each territory of the EU. I know, it confuses most of the people in the EU. So, in your case, if a hinge broke of because you opened or closed your laptop under normal use and you lived in my country (even if you bought that laptop in an other member of the union), it will become harder for the manufacturor to deny you a repair under warranty for mishandling the device due to the fact that the manual was missing and that we expect that the descent lifetime of minimum 2 years under normal use. First rule as costumer in my country is still: RTFM, and if the manual is missing, return the product back to the retailer and demand one, so that manufactorers can't claim that you have mishandled your the product.
  1. Load more activity