Direct Delivery Beta Launch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Resident
The Direct Delivery Beta on Aditi launches today (Aditi is the Beta grid and testing will not impact production). If you would like to try out Direct Delivery please see the Direct Delivery Instructions and the Beta Release Notes on the wiki. These instructions include pointers to Knowledge Base articles and ways to provide feedback.

The Commerce Team

I logged into Aditi and opened my marketplace store in the marketplace beta.  I got a message that indicated that I would have to put everything in another magic box and my inventory showed nothing was active.  

Then, I attempted 3 purchases.  All three delivered with no issues and I got the messages saying that they were delivered to my "Received Items" folder.  It took me a while to locate this folder because it is not in the regular inventory.  It is under a tab at the bottom of the inventory window that opens only when you click it.  Once you click the bottom tab that says "Received items," it opens and there are the items.  

I am not going to download and install a separate viewer just to try out listing some items with direct delivery, so that part is still a mystery and something I will just have to learn when direct delivery goes live.  

I checked all my accounts that have stores and each of them had only a partially created storefront on the web. For one of them I got a box and did a set up which worked but before placing the box and after setting it up I couldn't get the dd folder to import.  I got a 401 errror each time I tried and there was nothing in the failure log.

It was late but the directions didn't make sense..  why did I need to set up a box? and I had no idea about what the relevance to sept was and since nothing was on the storefront including items loaded and listed after sept, the reference really is a mystery.  Also, when I got to one of the two sites identified, I was coralled in a piece of land that didn't allow rezzing but managed to rez the box on the parcel next to it that did.  I also bought a couple of things and each time they landed in the objects folder..

it was interesting but not really productive.  my only feedback  is that I do like the auto create of folders if you dump just a box in but why didn't you make the magic box a dd, since the instructions seem to imply that you need to buy a dd item first?  The storefronts seem to have been created a fair while ago as couldbe's email address is an old one which was changed a long time ago on the prod site.  I'll give you marks for effort.

1 thing every1 might want to remember, or know, is that the beta grid does not update your inventory until you change your SL password. There might even be a wait time after. So, if you just try and log into the beta grid and the last time you changed your password is a year ago, everything you did in the last year is not in your beta grid inventory. Plus, If you set up your DD or whatever now, everytime you want to add something, you are going to need to change your password again. And... anything that you create on the beta grid will not be in your agni inventory. This is probably why I hate doing anything on the beta grid. If I'm wrong here, some1 please correct me. I don't think I'm wrong here, cause i just spend a painstaking year on the beta grid dealing with mesh. Personally, I don't understand at all why this is being done on the beta grid, what difference does it make what grid we are on? The beta grid is fine for things that are going to massively affect every1, but when the whole thing is done thru a development viewer, and the server code has no affect, it just seems odd to me to even involve a whole other grid with unique problems. It just confuses every1 more.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

it was interesting but not really productive.  my only feedback  is that I do like the auto create of folders
if you dump just a box in but why didn't you make the magic box a dd
, since the instructions seem to imply that you need to buy a dd item first?  The storefronts seem to have been created a fair while ago as couldbe's email address is an old one which was changed a long time ago on the prod site.  I'll give you marks for effort.

That is a question a lot of us asked Brooke and company... but of course we go no answer back... her team was in a black hole developing - because they know better than us Merchants what we need and how we use the MP technology.

Sooo no use asking why LL did anything - they never answer.

I had another go at it and worked it out - a simple DD set up and a basic migration look pretty simple.  Although I'm still not too sure if I did what was expected but I made it work and I didn't get into anything too soul destroying.

It's worth going into the beta grid and having a go.  I wrote up a quick how to for doing a clean DD listing and one for doing a basic migration which start here DD Tutorial Part 1.

I reckon it should take me less than an hour to do (not allowing for any glitches) and that's only because I have so many magic boxes over my many accounts that I'll do them individually to keep an eye on what happens.  All up I think that the happy path migration (like for like without trying to do anything more than a replacement) looks like it's a winner - the rest of it (ANS, replacing the boxed items with folders etc) I'm not too sure about yet. 

yes, I am cautiously optimistic. scary isn't it?

nope.  I stuck to a basic like for like as my professional rl is currently filled with IT deliverables inadequacy (I've come to the conclusion that the technology supplier to the rl project actually makes LL look good.  I *never* thought that would happen!), so after struggling to work out how to do the basics, I couldn't face delving into it any further. 

My task is done - I came, I saw, I did, I wrote about it and now I'm going to studiously ignore it until we have a deployment date then I'll do another run through to see what's new/different/a crock and take it from there.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

So speaking of ANS....

Sassy was mentioning that supposedly LL's new DD will no longer send Sales / Delivery transaction notifications to the Merchant's email.  Did you test this and is this true?

Not quite.  As clarified in the other thread, setting the email notification on MP will work, that sends it to your SL account email.  The ANS one is a different option where you can presently send it to whatever you like.

OK Good.  I didnt know there was two types of email notification for MP sales transactions.

And Couldbe is saying she has actually seen an ocassional notification from a DD show up from a test DD delivery.

If anyone else is playing with the new DD Beta site, can they confirm here that they are still getting the two MP sales notifications?

1)  That a sale was made (with all the details of the sale)

2)  That the sold products in MP were successfully delivered to the Buyers Inventory (critical would be the timestamp of the successful delivery and/or if there was some error / failure of the attempted delivery).

Are these two still happening or has LL decided that since they believe DD is so reliable - they will stop sending the 2nd notification of a sale transaction.

OK "COMMERCE TEAM"....

You have now officially announced the OPEN BETA (please catch the term "OPEN" in what you have announced) for anyone to enter and test.

Please provide the Merchant Community the link and access to all JIRA's related to the DD solution.  Which issues in the DD are closed / resolved vs the ones that your team fully knows is still an un-resolved issue.

As for ANS... although this service does not impact my operation at all, why has your team decided to remove 2/3 of the ANS's current functionality which you fully know is going to have critical dependency on these removed functions to some portion of the Merchant community?  What was your plan on how to deal with the impacts of removing 2/3 functions from this ANS?

How is removing ANS functionality related to deployment of DD?  Has the LL Commerce Team ever heard of the KISS Principle?

I seem to be getting the notifications for purchases and sales/deliveries. 

I even got a failure which has concerned me as it was the item I'd set up the magic box and dd for, then bought.  the magic box one failed and the email gave a link to find out more but the link isn't working.  I can only assume that an item can only be sold via one delivery channel - which could mean that either they're turning off the mb's straight away or the system can't cope with the same named item in two places..  I'd have to run more tests to check and I'm not really feeling like doing that right now, so it will remain a mystery until I go back in just before they go live..  unless someone else wants to do it.

you're welcome.  I reasoned that if it took me a while to work out what to do then most people would struggle trying to test it. They certainly are not the best tutorials I've ever written but they do the job and mean we don't have to try to remember what to do when the time comes.  unless they get sneaky and change the whole process of course.. 

I suspect your 2nd assumption is right.  Although without the LL Commerce Team having anyone here to answer questions and without them opening up the DD JIRA from the Closed Beta that shows all the issues / bugs currently outstanding and without other testers posting their insights, all the new open beta testers have to learn from scratch what likely LL and the close beta testers know.

They are likely privately laughing that these bugs are being found that they all already knew.

I suspect that a listing cannot be in both delivery systems.  It likely has to be in either DD or Magicbox.  Just guessing.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

I suspect your 2nd assumption is right.  Although without the LL Commerce Team having anyone here to answer questions and without them opening up the DD JIRA from the Closed Beta that shows all the issues / bugs currently outstanding and without other testers posting their insights, all the new open beta testers have to learn from scratch what likely LL and the close beta testers know.

They are likely privately laughing that these bugs are being found that they all already knew.

I suspect that a listing cannot be in both delivery systems.  It likely has to be in either DD or Magicbox.  Just guessing.

Not laughing here ;-)  Just hoping that when stuff goes live the images are all there ... 

• Resident

Thanks to those of you who have tried out the Direct Delivery Beta. Here is follow up to the questions/comments that have come up so far:

• First of all, thanks Couldbe Yue for a great tutorial. We've added a link to the wiki instructions to help others get started with Direct Delivery.
  • We have updated our wiki instructions to make it clearer where information on the current Direct Delivery Beta issues can be seen. (JIRA or the Release Notes, for internally tracked issues.)
  • ANS: please provide feedback on the proposed changes to ANS on the Direct Delivery survey we have created. 
  • To clarify: ANS changes will NOT impact current emails, but emails are currently being reviewed, so please provide feedback on what you would like to see in the Direct Delivery survey if you have specific requests (that have not already been captured in JIRA, such as the ability to turn emails off).

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

provide feedback on what you would like to see in the 
if you have specific requests (that have not already been captured in JIRA, such as the ability to turn emails off).

Probably the most asked for email notification is when an item receives a review.  JIRA'd long ago.  Begged for repeatedly.

But we got a Facebook button instead.

I know that Beta Launch must be but at them moment I hate the chaos!

Customer purchased Stuff, payed, recieved and the only thing I see as Merchant is one small Info in Chat.

No Money in Transfer (The Customer must had payes cause Linden deliver the Items)

No Info in any Mails

No Delivery Info in Order History - there is it at the moment open for delivery but the Customer had the Stuff in his home more Hours ago.

Sorry for my bad english but this Problems are only till this Week and I have Problems to listen at all what is open for paying and what is delivery and what is open for delivery. I need to be online if Customers send me IM with questions.

Is this the new way in the future or will help come and make soon all better?

I think and hope that I have not alone this problems

Thank you and happy Weekend

**Edit:

10 min after this Post here I become all the Infos in Mail, I have my Linden for all what I sell and .. I become all my Stuff that I purchased from other Creator/Seller for myself.

Luck? Accident? .. not important ..I have now all but just wondering if all comes after I send here the Post. *smile

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.