viewer size

DIGITALWORLD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ehhh, I don't think so.  Looks to me like the smallest window size is now around 800x600.  Nothing in Preferences and there is no way I can find to make the window smaller.  As a result I've rolled back to the previous version.

So if there is a setting in Preferences for window size of version 3.2.4, how about posting a snapshot so we know where to find it. :)

ETA: 1016 x 734 could be right.  I didn't measure the window. Just guessed it was around 800x600.  Too large for me as well.

--Cinn

Yes, this was broken by an attempt to change the minimum defaults, but some dependencies in other parts of the viewer were obviously forgotten. Until this is fixed, it is safer to resize the window by mouse. The dialog in the advanced menu can blank the screen until a mouse resize and potentially lose your menu bar until a relog.

It appears that 3.2.4 does not allow setting the window size smaller than 1016 x 741.

That is an absolutely stupid limitation. Apparently they felt no one ever has a monitor that is smaller than 1024 x 768?

I often set my viewer windows to about 800 x 800 or even smaller, so I can have 2 to 4 sessions running concurrently for different avatars while roleplaying. For many of the less active NPC's, all I need to be able to do is keep up with their chat. I can watch what they are doing from my primary character's view, and enlarge their window when needed if I need to move around or do other tasks that the window is too small for.

boo :matte-motes-smile:

I can resize mine to just a few pixels in highth, and maybe 100 pixels wide. Its just a normal window like any other window.

I can even streach it to span both my 24 inch monitors for super wide sl 

The size of window drop down is more for graphics mode, ie non windows mode i guess. But tehn all you have is SL, so not sure why you would want to go less then the native resolution of you monitor, unless you are looking for some sort of performance boost.

Yes, I can not drag the window smaller either either with my PC or iMAC. Sometimes I like to shrink it and put it in the corner while I operate other windows. I've reinstalled but that did not help. I can still resize all the other windows on both platforms, suggesting it is a SL Viewer bug. ... I will submit a ticket but this is so other do not feel alone or think its their machine... right?

• 8 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.