Jeez with all of this how do you see?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I see no reason to have the mini-map open while you're dancing.

The local chat and IM with the BF can both take up half as much vertical space by simply choosing the plain text option for chat and IM's, eliminating that wasteful mini-icon header each time a person speaks.

Use tabbed IM's and all those other IM conversaitions use the same space that the BF's conversation use up.

Use the mini location bar and you gain an additional quarter inch of screen height.

You can choose not to see group tags.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

Use the mini location bar and you gain an additional quarter inch of screen height.

You actually see *less* of the world when using the mini bar, so it's a false way of gaining more view.

You can see this by going to a quiet location with the full bar on, and noticing exactly what's at the edges of the viewing part of the screen. Then change to the mini bar, and you'll see that the world is slightly magnified, so that the edges are now inside where they were, and you actually see less of the world,

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Thank you Venus I hope they are cute cause they are going to bankrupt my insurance. They are going to bill my insurance $900 for those. They say they are
, I don't know what that means but the cost a lot.

900 bucks and you start an OP asking "how do you see?"  

Didn't the glasses come with instructions?

Storm Clarence wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Thank you Venus I hope they are cute cause they are going to bankrupt my insurance. They are going to bill my insurance $900 for those. They say they are

lol... Really I am, and really loud too.... I hope I don't wake anyone up. The glasses are special order and won't we ready for week or so. :P

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

lol... Really I am, and really loud too.... I hope I don't wake anyone up. The glasses are special order and
won't we ready for week or so.
:P

Umm..../me points to your OP photo

You are wearing them dear.

I think the latest viewers finally make the Viewer 2 line acceptable. There are some things I'd change, but it's a big improvement. I adjusted it about the same as I've done with Firestorm. Here's the view with both IM & local chat up:

V3 screenshot 1.jpg

If I'm building or exploring I wouldn't have the chat stuff open, so the view is more like:

V3 screenshot 2.jpg

I ditched several buttons, moved the remaining side ones to the bottom, got rid of the location bar in favor of the mini-location bar, and reduced the size of the minimap. I'd like to be able to move the toolbar on the bottom to the right and move the notification location (or turn them off). It would be great if the mini-location bar could be merged with the menu bar.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Ceera Murakami wrote:

You actually see *less* of the world when using the mini bar, so it's a false way of gaining more view.

You can see this by going to a quiet location with the full bar on, and noticing exactly what's at the edges of the viewing part of the screen. Then change to the mini bar, and you'll see that the world is slightly magnified, so that the edges are now inside where they were, and you actually see less of the world,

It's called angle of view. Change the vertical angle and you have to make a corresponding change in the horizontal angle or things with look distorted.

mini nav bar_001a.png

mini nav bar_002a.png

I have never seen the point of unlocking local chat from IM chat(s).  The only time I routinely have more than one IM going on at once is when I DJ.  Otherwise, I like to focus (plus I am lousy at multitasking).  If you keep the windows locked, they can sit together in one spot.  I keep my chat box in my lower left corner.

this is mine mostly when i am toying around  with my instruments..

so anything less than this and i can see just fine hehehe

i remember when i was a dancer and having to load animations from my inventory because there were no good huds for them yet..or a stop button..so inventory had to stay open and you had to keep opening them from the inventory and closing them..timing was  very hard to get used to back then..

i had a window about the size of the mouth hud window back then because of placing the animations all over my screen in their special order i had memorized..LOL

when huddles came out at first..i was in heaven lol

hud stuff1.png

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Also just want to say, Ceka; you clearly don't have enough HUDs yet. Needz moar HUDs.
;)

ya it can get pretty cluttered when i go playing around with my instruments..

i jump back and forth from drums and guitar a lot so i just leave them open..i don't wear those all the time heheheh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.