A Direct Connection

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes, people say that it seems as if LL does not listen to what it's residents have to say.  I'm not entirely sure this is true.  I'm sure there are many ways to contact someone important at LL when something desperately needs to be said.  Some people are already using these avenues of communication to their advantage, most don't bother though.  A fact that is quite unfortunate... but, there is one avenue of communication which is not very hard to figure out.

I, myself, have never bothered to post to Rodvik's SL profile feed until today (from what I hear, he actually pays attention to it).  Why haven't I done this before? Did I think that my voice is any less significant than any of the others that do it on a regular basis?  Does anyone else feel this way as well?

I know he must get a lot of posts, perhaps my voice will get lost in the crowd... does that mean I shouldn't make use of it?  Surely, one solitary voice is meaningless, but... what if there are others who are saying the same exact thing I am?  Wouldn't that make a difference?  Would we, together, actually be able to get a message through?

What do you think?  Have you ever posted to Rodvik's feed?  If not, I certainly encourage you to do so... it can feel quite empowering.

Here's the link - Rodvik's feed.

Let's make a difference.

...Dres

Well done Dres. 

It's important that people who have authority are open to communication and more importantly that people use it.  So kudos for Rod for making himself available to residents.

It's important to speak up for yourself and equally for those who have no voice!

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

~ Pastor Niemöller

Welcome to the forums, Charly.  There are many useful things to be learned here and many wonderful people to get to know.

My hope is that people that truly care about this platform, voice their opinions about whatever their concerns may be.  Rodvik has, graciously, left this line of communication open for us, which shows me that he wants to know what we think and how we feel.  Not every CEO is as accessible to their customers... for that, I honestly commend him.

I look forward to hearing your voice and getting to know you.

...Dres

What a neat (but probably unintentional) way of getting people like me to use the mysecondlife feature.

Strangely, leaving a message for Rodvik did not at all feel like talking to God!

He'll probably be like the other Lindens and think "who the heck do these people think they are, making demands". But if they get rid of us "plebs" then what have they got. Bots, servers, and no revenue.

I seem to be in a bit of a bad mood. I'm currently logged in as an alt, just hovering around above a Linden ocean. I don't even feel like dancing.

I hear violins.

I must go and eat some cake.

I understand your sentiments, Mari.  I think those who currently post questions and those who post tomorrow and the next day...etc...may not understand what a compassionate, endearing and effective helper you have been for so very many.

But I will.

ETA:  Oops should have posted under my OP.  /me laughs and shrugs

he reads here also..i've seen him in a few threads..and he jumped in one of the threads one time saying how he does read these boards..

plus yes he does answer back from what i have seen on his blog or feed or whatever they are called hehehe..probably not to everyone that may be asking the same questions..because that would take forever..but he has posted to one person answering  those people with the same question..

i'm excited about this CEO because he does communicate with us the users..i just hope he will do something about the recent loss we had to the community...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.