The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

/me whispers: this isn't really about flight feathers

Oooooo!  THAT kind of flight ......  :smileysurprised:

In RL I get annoyed by teeneage pinheads who amp up the car stereo to let everyone in a 3 mile radius hear their cool music.  Here, product designers build a screamer into their products so that unwitting buyers end up looking like teenage pinheads. It's a scourge in both worlds.  Resist the Dark Side, Qwalyphi. 

OOO This is one of my pet peeves.  I'd love to see all gadgets that talk in local chat stifled, not just flight assists.  Other than spamming a product (very tacky imho), what is the point?    People that use these things are polluting local chat making it more difficult to follow conversations and forcing me to see inane chatter I have no interest in.  Anything these things say in local can easily be said only to the owner instead. If they are saying something others may want to hear, then it should have an off button and people that go out to public places should use it to be polite.  They can then turn it on when they are in private and among people that don't mind it.

I for one refuse to buy anything that spams public chat. 

Just find and mute the person or object.

A lot of the old freebie flight assistants do that. I use those myself. I tend to forget which are better or less spammy. When using one I am almost always on my own land high in the clouds, though. So it shouldn't bother anybody. Usually no one up there but me and maybe a few Meeroo. So far they haven't complained.

I don't want SL to be over policed. Unless something's very out of control or intrusive, I tend to live and let live.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.