Missing payments from SLM any one?

Mac Shoreman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Any one missing payments from purchases on SLM? I do and there is no statement any where there is delays or problems with payments. This is causing issues for me.

Yesturday a customer contacted me for custom changes to one item listed on me that she ha purchased. I'm not the only creator. Item is listed on me but we split the income. I do not want my business partner to think I am fibbing with the distribution on this item. I have messages stateing the items have been sent from my MagicBoxes but I have still not received any payment and there is no notifications what so ever on SLM of this sale. I can't get hold of customer for a copy of her account statement but when I do i'll send this to LL.

Mac Shoreman wrote:

Any one missing payments from purchases on SLM? I do and there is no statement any where there is delays or problems with payments. This is causing issues for me.

Yesturday a customer contacted me for custom changes to one item listed on me that she ha purchased. I'm not the only creator. Item is listed on me but we split the income. I do not want my business partner to think I am fibbing with the distribution on this item. I have messages stateing the items have been sent from my MagicBoxes but I have still not received any payment and there is no notifications what so ever on SLM of this sale. I can't get hold of customer for a copy of her account statement but when I do i'll send this to LL.

I haven't missed any payments so far, but failed deliveries continue to be a problem.

For my part, I acknowledge that this is possible, as it has actually happened to me, too.

People sometimes don't pay attention to who is selling them something until later, and they find only the creator's name in the object, which can be confusing.

OTOH, I also wouldn't be surprised if it was just a simple LL ripoff in this case.

There is no confusion. The Magic Box delivered, the house stands on her parcel. She got it but me or my building partner in this case have not got payment...

... but...

As I loged back on here just minutes ago, infront of my eyes, "Delivery Partially Failed" messages start to pop in. The earliest order with same message that I know about is from 7th of september for 800L I never received. These poped up in my order history just minutes ago

This makes me worried about how much is REALLY missing?

Added: Order sumary tells me that "Delivery Faild" and "Not paid" but customer DID get the item. I'm looking at it now.

Mac Shoreman wrote:

There is no confusion. The Magic Box delivered, the house stands on her parcel. She got it but me or my building partner in this case have not got payment...

... but...

As I loged back on here just minutes ago, infront of my eyes, "
" messages start to pop in. The earliest order with same message that I know about is from
7th of september
for 800L I never received. These poped up in my order history just minutes ago

This makes me worried about how much is REALLY missing?

Added: Order sumary tells me that "Delivery Faild" and "Not paid" but customer DID get the item. I'm looking at it now.

This has been an issue since SLM went live last year.  I seems that the changes that LL have been putting in lately have exacerbated it, on top of merchants becoming more aware of the issue.

I suggest you put in a support ticket and get LL to bill the customer for you.

I have been waiting for my customer to get back on line to get her acount statement before filing a ticket. She just did and we found out....

She and other customers of mine have bought items, got them delivered and I have not got the money and Linden Lab have then refond the customer the money.

I'm sending a ticket to LL emediatly and closing my magic boxes. I will not put anything there untill I am asured by Linden Lab that every single purchase is correctly reported to me as merchant.

And how could the malicious insider possibly benefit from this money simply staying with the customer?

If the customers who are getting stuff for free had all bought previously from one or two particular merchants who are not having this problem, leaving more money in the accounts of those customers makes it easier to buy again from those one or two specific merchants.

Mac Shoreman wrote:

I have been waiting for my customer to get back on line to get her acount statement before filing a ticket. She just did and we found out....

She and other customers of mine have bought items, got them delivered and I have not got the money and Linden Lab have then refond the customer the money.

I'm sending a ticket to LL emediatly and closing my magic boxes. I will not put anything there untill I am asured by Linden Lab that every single purchase is correctly reported to me as merchant.

Well damn. Who knows if this is happening to them or not? It would be a fluke if we happened to find out it was -- the customer would have to contact us about the purchase that was never recorded or paid for.

I don't know what we can do about it tho, since we have no idea if it is happening except in isolated cases, and I doubt LL is going to pay much attention.

"I don't know what we can do about it tho, since we have no idea if it is happening except in isolated cases, and I doubt LL is going to pay much attention."

You are probably right Pamela. I'm a micro merchant and hobby creator with a second class citizenship in Second Life so my hopes are low. I do have only limited experience of these kinds of things. What I this far learned from my only few previous need for help and explanation from LL sets my level of hope only a hiccup above zero.

What I DID do... I started this topic, I filed a ticket (WEB-4162) and I took all my items down from SLM (not because I think LL will tremble out of fear but to protect my rights as creator to get paid. To have control over sales and who is and is not entitled my support). Maybe this is not much but it is what i CAN do. I have little hope though that what little I did might help if this happens to some one else again.

Brooke Linden did reply on the ticket with a good explanation but there is some surprising elements.

"Unfortunately, this is an old issue that has existed since before XStreet was incorporated into the Second Life Marketplace."

On the other hand:

"The Magic Box attempts to deliver the item, gets a communication error and reports a failed delivery to XStreet. In a very small set of cases, the delivery actually succeeds though a failure is reported to XStreet."

So I guess I was just unlucky couple of times and that the upcoming direct delivery feature might be some thing to look forward to?

If I'm gona be picky, this answer sort of tells me that Linden Lab can not guarantee me sales/delivery reporting accuracy on SLM at this point (never could actually). So will I sell my stuff on SLM or not - and if I do, is it worth the 5% fee of service? What I might have lost can have cost me allot more than 5% but on the other hand... I will not sell much if not listed on SLM. I feel Mr Rosedales cold hands around my balls. (Joking).

Mac, thanks for reporting this issue. Here's a bit more context and the way to recoup missing funds.

This is a very rare issue with Magic Box delivery and pre-dates XStreet becoming part of the Second Life Marketplace.  Addressing this issue is a part of our overall effort to make Marketplace deliveries more reliable with Direct Delivery.

In the past, we have asked you to file a CSR ticket to request a refund from Linden Lab to recover your lost revenue. Please continue to do this. If you see an increase in the number of these cases, please add the order number and item name to WEB-4162.  If you’d like more details on this issue, please see WEB-4162.

Thanks!
Brooke

Oki Im a goof :smileysad:. Sorry Brooke!

I read your reply like way to fast and thought you ment you wanted me to put the order number in this case in the WEB-4162 ticket. I looked and saw the only place stateing the order number was in the customer account statement. I read your reply here again and realized, that was NOT what you were saying.

My bad - SORRY!

Oki!

This is sorted out and the conclution is:

1. These things can happen and it is UGH!
  2. LL knows about this.
  3. IF they happen, send a CRS ticket with all vital information here -> https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/
  4. The Direct Deliver will hopefully take away this kind of misshaps in the future.

Thank you Brooke and Kimmora for good support.

I'm going to continue to be a good sport about the JFK moon landing etc kinda' comments.

But I should point out that despite LL's intentional effecing of the pertinent Xstreet records, if the problem was pervasive enough under Xstreet that Brooke is confident in citing it, someone will inevitably still have something in their own retained records.

If it was mentioned on the merchants forum at all, I will eventually find that it was, but I'm happy to speed up the process by seeing people start posting links to those threads.

While you're at it, please also include the previously requested instances of anyone being undercharged or overcompensated by LL in August or September.

Josh Susanto wrote:

I warned people in mid August that they were being tested to see what sort of billing anomalies would go unnoticed so that those unnoticed could be more actively applied to divert funds.

And I was riduculed for saying that.

How funny does it seem when it's actually happening to you?

There's a difference between identifying a bug, and coming up with irrational and paranoid explanations for its existence.

I spotted some of these recent "bugs" even before they happened, and I was able to do so only by applying paranoid ideation.

How many of the asymmetric transaction anomalies did you happen to anticipate by being NOT paranoid?

Your implicit theory that people would not be getting robbed by now hasn't panned out particularly well.

Josh Susanto wrote:

I spotted some of these recent "bugs" even before they happened, and I was able to do so only by applying paranoid ideation.

How many of the asymmetric transaction anomalies did you happen to anticipate by being NOT paranoid?

Your implicit theory that people would not be getting robbed by now hasn't panned out particularly well.

Didn't your mother ever tell you that just saying something doesn't make it true?

Do feel free to provide supporting evidence for your above assertations (evidence is that stuff that involves facts, in case you've forgotten).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.