Double purchase refunds

Blot Brickworks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently the amount of double purchases has increased for me and I am peeved about sending a refund for the full price.I loose out every time and the punter never even says thanks.I think they think the refund is automatic it is not.

I would like to see a way of getting back that overpaid commission fee.the more it happens the more LL get.They get enough already in my view.

It is your choice to sell your items in the Marketplace. If it isn't working for you then delist your items and sell inworld only. If you don't want to deal with customers then don't be a merchant. It is all part of the package. Not everything is going to work your way and you need to be prepared to iron out the creases and compensate your customers for the problems they have in making purchases from you.

You know the Marketplace isn't perfect but you choose to use it anyway. Stop complaining and provide customer service or quit. The customer is paying you, why should they say thank you? You should be thanking them.

Blot Brickworks wrote:

Thanks for the link.Voted

Blot, make sure you WATCH the Jira more than VOTE for it.

Earlier this year LL change the way they track and prioritize JIRA...  WATCHED Jira are what they look for - not VOTED.

Many of us thought that was a dumb / confusing move but we are talking about LL here.  So make sure you WATCH the Jira.

More then the half of the people that make double purchase don't contact me. When I see double purchases I check them. Sometimes people buy the same thing two times, to send one to a friend or alt. But sometimes they made a double purchase for themselves. When they don't contact me about this, I often contact them, and ask it the person is aware and what happened. 8 out of 10 times the answer is: I accidently didn't accept the item, while I was clicking away messages. 

I refund them the full price, because I think people don't have to pay twice for the same (full perms) item, even it was their own fault to deny the item. I consider it te be part of my customer service.

But still I think it would be a good service by the Marketplace that, in cases of double purchases (of copyable items), the refund could take place on the marketplace, and LL took the responsibility for the refund of the 5% commission.

Blot Brickworks wrote:

Recently the amount of double purchases has increased for me and I am peeved about sending a refund for the full price.I loose out every time and the punter never even says thanks.I think they think the refund is automatic it is not.

I would like to see a way of getting back that overpaid commission fee.the more it happens the more LL get.They get enough already in my view.

If you have a double purchase due to a failed delivery or marketplace error, you can claim the commission back after refunding one. Just submit a ticket with transaction details.

• Moderators

Blot Brickworks wrote:

Greetings!

Linden Lab has no way of knowing that you refunded the buyer unless you contact us and tell us :)

If ANY Merchant refunds a buyer in world, please submit a Support Case with the SLM Order Number, name of the buyer, a copy of the entry for the refund from your L$ Transaction Log and a short explantion stating that you refunded the buyer and we will be happy to refund you the commission that was paid on the sale.

Blot, sorry my previous post was a little rough. I take it back. I can understand the stress that losing the couple of cents commission would cause. Especially when it starts adding up and heading towards a dollar. It's very good that LL will give you a refund after you do your work in supplying all that information, and they do their work in examining the evidence. You get your 50 cents or so back and all is good in the world once more :) 

Dakota Linden wrote:

Linden Lab has no way of knowing that you refunded the buyer unless you contact us and tell us
:)

If ANY Merchant refunds a buyer in world, please submit a Support Case with the SLM Order Number, name of the buyer, a copy of the entry for the refund from your L$ Transaction Log and a short explantion stating that you refunded the buyer and we will be happy to refund you the commission that was paid on the sale.

I didn't know this. Why is this not described in the marketplace guidelines or on the wiki pages? Or did I just miss this in the marketplace documentation?

• Moderators

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Dakota Linden wrote:

Linden Lab has no way of knowing that you refunded the buyer unless you contact us and tell us
:)

I didn't know this. Why is this not described in the marketplace guidelines or on the wiki pages? Or did I just miss this in the marketplace documentation?

Greetings!

The Marketplace has always done this, going all the way back to the days of SLExchange.

Toy, your concerns about major problems in the marketplace such as failed and slow deliveries, broken ANS etc. are valid concerns. These are my concerns too. It has a major impact on our businesses. But worrying about losing a few cents commission because the marketplace is not fixed yet is petty. Let the Commerce Team concentrate on fixing the major faults, let them concentrate on gettting DD rolled out as neatly as possible. Let us, LL and merchants, work more as a team than in constant opposition. Bickering and demanding fixes for very minor, nonconsequential matters is only hindering the process of working towards a completely functional marketplace. The double purchase refunds will be fixed when everything else is fixed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.