What's your favourite way to hunt down new fashion?

Peony Sweetwater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Blogs and MP. Looking inworld takes too much time rezzing so I can find the shop. (Fixed TP in the middle of a shopping sim is not a good idea.) And then I must look at the products and judge if I like it, does it look good, what's the price.

The MP is better, even if it's a ton of crap there. Just now I found out the Lisp Bazaar has a 1-10 L outlet. I am so going to visit that inworld, but I found it on the MP. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/37264?search%5Blayout%5D=gallery&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bsort%5D=price_asc&search%5Bper_page%5D=96&search%5Bkeywords%5D=&search%5Bprice_low%5D=&search%5Bprice_high%5D=&search%5Bprim_count_low%5D=&search%5Bprim_count_high%5D=&search%5Bcopy_permission%5D=0&search%5Bmodify_permission%5D=0&search%5Btransfer_permission%5D=0

• Like 1

I find a lot of what I wear here on the forums, in vanity threads or in questions that other people ask - "What's a good place to find shoes?" "Where is this from?" etc. Otherwise, I do a lot of searching on the marketplace if I need a general item, like a pair of sandals or an evening gown. I look a lot at the featured section in the marketplace, too. If I find a creator I like, I'll go to their inworld store and look around there.

If I am bored, I look at a freebie blog, or click a hunt sign and do a couple of stops on that hunt. If the prim is too well hidden, or the shop is not what I like, I just leave again. But I have found a lot of cute or unexpected products this way. 

I love when one thing doesn't pan out, or the store isn't even there any more, but yet something else across the street is amazing. (Even if, or especially, if the two items are totally unalike.) That feels like serendipity.

I don't find it really. Somehow it finds me. Probably due to my friends and the *classic womens groups I belong to. These people are very fashion savvy and tuned in and a whole lot of fun.

Alernatively I will pick shops at random and just mix and match stuff. Often I will buy a complete outfit just for the top alone and discard the rest. Sometimes I will search for things on the marketplace using a theme such as Medieval. That is great fun :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.