Now what? Cannot remove Demo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think someone must have compromised this account.  There is literally hundreds of things in my inventory that I did not buy and some photos there that are not and never were my avatar.  I would be here all night deleting them.

Guess I will have to delete that account??

NO, just went to the library it looks like it did last night.  It is all in clothing, photos and there are a long list of new folders I did not create.  There are a lot of photos of some blond in there.  Tried deleting some of the things and there was no delete on most of them.

I love my name so I hate to close the account but this is worse then you can even imagine.  I cannot change her clothing either, she does not have on what I left her in last night.

Yes, I think someone did get into my account and my password is really difficult now. I just think the inventory is just too much of a mess to worry with. I bet it is about 4 feet long or more if you expanded all the categories.  Not to mention the items are all jumbled up.

I have about 20 000 items unboxed and cluttered all over my inventory and this is of course after hours of cleaning off my inventory. Cleaning Willow's inventory is usually a nightmare but I will do it nevertheless and I'm sure I will get it down to 10K at minimum. Some of us has well over 50K. How many do you have?

If you are worried your account has been compromised, why not just changed the password and your email address? Those pictures of a blond, are they just one person? or many pictures of different blonds? Are they under Photo folder or Texture folder? Sometimes the items you bought especially if you had taken demos of blond hairs comes with pictures of the models.

Seriously? Don't cancel your account especially if you have invested some money in it. Keep this account and create a new account where you can start afresh. I suggest you to look back all the many advices people been telling you about inventory clearance and do it right this time. Once you've done all this, you then can transfer items that are transferable to your new account with a proper inventory folders.

By the time you are done with this, you will look at MariahWhisper's inventory how clean and nice they are now and will stick to her instead of your new account.

MariahWhispers wrote:

I think someone must have compromised this account.  There is literally hundreds of things in my inventory that I did not buy and some photos there that are not and never were my avatar.  I would be here all night deleting them.

Guess I will have to delete that account??

If you right click and view the properties of say the photos, is Torley the creator?

Yes, I think this can be it. Demos often have textures showing the hair. Can you write down some of the description of the things you see?

if you tried different avatars from the library, maybe when you were in basic mode, a copy are moved to your clothing folder. I think the hair and skin and other body parts go to the body parts folder.

Do ony of you remember if we were supposed to get the Adam n'Eve avatars? It was some talk about them beeing under lost and found. I forget to check if I got some new things.  

MariahWhispers wrote:

NO, just went to the library it looks like it did last night.  It is all in clothing, photos and there are a long list of new folders I did not create.  There are a lot of photos of some blond in there.  Tried deleting some of the things and there was no delete on most of them.

I love my name so I hate to close the account but this is worse then you can even imagine.  I cannot change her clothing either, she does not have on what I left her in last night.

Since you say you cannot delete the items it is certainly 100% sure that what you are seeing is the Library, those come with the account and cannot be deleted. Don't worry about any of that, simply find a skin and wear it. Better yet buy a freebie skin and wear it just to get rid of the demo, then go to Advanced > Show Debug Settings and type noinventorylibrary and change that to TRUE then relog. Now you will not see the library items. 

The only reason to close the account would be if an interloper did something that would impair its future usefulness, e.g., got it banned from places you like to go by misbehaving.  Otherwise, you can just change the password and forget it.  Is money missing? I think it's unlikely that it was hacked if money was left alone.  I know from experience that it's easy to accumulate a lot of stuff that one may not remember acquiring.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.