Looking for lovely hair and...

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A demo version allows you to try on the hair style and sometimes various colors for little or no cost.  I always purchase a demo version first when buying hair and skins.  Most hair vendors also have a freebie hair color pack somewhere in the store that will help you pick the shade you like.

eta: once you find a hair style you like and a color then you should buy the non demo version - they are usually located below the big pic in the store and separated by color, sometimes you have to buy several colors in a pack.

eta2 demo versions always have a floater above your head or off color hair sections they are not meant to be worn, the hair you purchase won't have those.

I love being able to demo hairstyles - I only wish I could in RL!

Demos give you the chance to "try before you buy" - usually it will be the same hair that you can purchase, but with an extra prim attached advertising it as a demo. Being L$0 means that you won't have to pay to try the styles to see if it works on your av. Once you've found a demo that you're happy with, check your colour charts and then you can make a purchase with confidence knowing that the product will work for you.

Enjoy shopping!

What jessica said.

I will just add that it was a beautiful ponytail freebie at the Truth District. I hope it's still there. This is a small village, not the big mainstore. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Truth%20District/106/219/33

You will need to join the Truth District Update group. Look for posters that say "Group joiner", click that one and you get a message in local chat that gives you a link to click on. Do that, the group was free to join last time I checked. Then you can touch the big hair poster with the "Becky hair in all colors".  The vendor will give you the hair in a pack that you have to open in a Sandbox. It will only give you the hair if you have joined the group and has it activated.

The Truth mainstore http://slurl.com/secondlife/Truth%20Hair/104/43/26 has these free gifts:  

truth.jpg

No need to join a group here. The Jess hair that you can see to the right, contains all the hair packs you see below it. 

Demo is short for demonstration. It is zero dollars so you don't spend anything. It is a way for you to try on something before buying. Note that the final product will not have demo stamped all over it nor the large hovering DEMO box. If you ever get around to demoing shapes, they may have large hands and feet.

Truth is my favorite kind of hair.  I used to be an Armidi fan but they have not produced new styles in ages.  I also had many ETD styles and I am glad that she is back in SL making new ones.  Even though I have many colors and styles from Truth, I like to see what is available at other shops.  Demos are a great way of testing styles and colors on your avie before purchasing.

Spend a couple hours going to shops and collecting demos.  If the shop is laggy, take the demos home and try them on there. 

Shopping for hair is fun!  Enjoy.

If you like that long, flowing, wavy hair, try Sirena. I think it's 350 $Lindens for a pack of three colors in three sizes. When I first joined I wore their Spirit hair style a lot. I liked that you could have a large head and still fit their hairs. When I joined I was a lollipop. Lol

If you'd like to know what your av might lack maybe some sort of spark. The face seems a little expressionless. The shape of the face seems fine. Some people have thin faces. The waist might be a little too small. But if you are playing with vintage clothes maybe you want that look for corseted clothes. I don't know.

Just try some different skins. Some have more color and spark than others and each will look different depending what sort of shape you have on.

Also you might like Analog Dog hair, and on their beach is a blue bubble with several free hairs inside.

• 2 weeks later...

You will probably have more fun and frustration shopping for hair than anything else in SL. There are so many good shops and so many styles...every time I find something that I think I like, I will find something even better in the next store. Just have fun with it and definitely take advantage of the demos...many of the good hairstyles can be quite expensive and you don't want to spend lindens on something that you won't quite be happy with.

To add to the already great list of hair stores, i want to add two of my favorates...Amacci and sWEET FACEs (this one is good for very long straight styles that move well).

Melita Magic wrote:

If you like that long, flowing, wavy hair, try Sirena.

I have to second this; Sirena hairs are beautiful and high-quality. I used to wear the Spirit hair a lot as well, it's such a great all-purpose long hair. This one is the "River" hair, it has an alternate style you can toggle with a hair tie:

SecondLife_179_cropped.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.