Inconvenient Truths about Second Life

22 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
20 hours ago, ananoelle said:

What is a lie in second life? are you saying that you want to know the RL gender of the person you are talking? Will that change the relationship or mental state of you interactions?

Interestingly Luna claims that she gets along well with women, but not with men.

Ergo, every avatar she gets along well with must be a woman in RL.

😂

You misinterpreted what I said. I said there's things I don't feel comfortable sharing with men that I prefer to share with women, and so enjoy relating to them more.

It's not that I don't get along well with men...I have male friends...I just prefer women.

8 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

🤯 #They're at it again,  Quartz - I was just there YESTERDAY! Hold my beer! 

image.png.0325e11dfd9de449fd1f93067a31e6f5.png

18?

All I've got is 18 stinking posts?????

Oh, wait! 19!! 😏

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

Are you making a joke, or have a complaint about other people's posting frequently? Frequent posting does not equate to "flaming".

Inconveniently in Second Life, we won't always understand one another. Sometimes it's language differences, sometimes it's simple misunderstandings, sometimes it's something else. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

image.png.0325e11dfd9de449fd1f93067a31e6f5.png

They gotta disable that submit button at like 30 posts per person for a thread to uphold the quality of posts 😭

Imagine having to moderate all that drivel 

IMG_2991.jpeg

Edited by discussionbot
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Inconvenient Truth #1  The Forum Guidelines say

Inconvenient Truth #2 This thread is very close to being locked if people can't take their drama and bickering elsewhere.

Inconvenient Truth #3 Your fridge is very close to becoming a Superfund cleanup site. Though 2012 was a great year for that Cabernet Sauvignon in the door, I wouldn't trust that vintage of blueberry basil Froyo, which is supposed to be in the damned freezer, ya goof. And blueberry basil?

...shakes her head

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, discussionbot said:

They gotta disable that submit button at like 30 posts per thread to uphold the quality of posts 😭

Imagine having to moderate all that drivel 

IMG_2991.jpeg

But its my morning reading while I drink my coffee

@Love Zhaoying was not a dig

20 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Inconveniently in Second Life, we won't always understand one another. Sometimes it's language differences, sometimes it's simple misunderstandings, sometimes it's something else. 

Me: Hey

Her: HEY!

Him: Heyyyyy

They: Hello

Me, Her, Him: 👀 dafaq. What's your problem 

Misunderstanding are a thing. 

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Inconvenient Truth #3 Your fridge is very close to becoming a Superfund cleanup site. Though 2012 was a great year for that Cabernet Sauvignon in the door, I wouldn't trust that vintage of blueberry basil Froyo, which is supposed to be in the damned freezer, ya goof. And blueberry basil?

...shakes her head

Inconvenient Truth about Second Life: In Second Life, your avatar can be "inanimate objects". 

A "refrigerator" avatar would not be unusual at all.  It may be a little disconcerting however, especially if it urges you to clean it or berates you for leaving it open, etc.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Inconvenient Truth about Second Life: In Second Life, your avatar can be "inanimate objects". 

A "refrigerator" avatar would not be unusual at all.  It may be a little disconcerting however, especially if it urges you to clean it or berates you for leaving it open, etc.

Not as disturbing as a refrigerator avatar opening and closing it's door suggestively though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Not as disturbing as a refrigerator avatar opening and closing it's door suggestively though.

You obviously never met the lamp avatar that wanted me to "plug him in."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Wow. I think I have 4 or maybe 5 posts.

Cinny, you DO have to straighten your seams and get your act together LOL!!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You obviously never met the lamp avatar that wanted me to "plug him in."

Is this the same one who created a thread in the Forum? That reminded me of the inanimate animated objects in the "Beauty and the Beast" movie.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SandorWren said:

Cinny, you DO have to straighten your seams and get your act together LOL!!!

You're kidding, right? I just hit 4000 posts and I've been here since 2010.

Inconvenient Truth: I visit the forums. I don't live here. I am still forming an opinion in those with the high post counts after just a couple years. 

*takes a deep breath for this next part*

I am not sure what to think about how much spare time people have to spend here arguing, calling people names, trying to one-up each other, typing out hateful one-liners, using their finite lifetimes to make other people miserable or forcing themselves to read what they hate so they can spend time spreading more hate like an infection while trying to convince people they act that way because they're so loving.

Wtf?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Inconvenient Truth: I visit the forums. I don't live here. I am still forming an opinion in those with the high post counts after just a couple years. 

I am not afraid of your opinion, as I am mostly a force for Good! Take your time! 😻

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Inconvenient truth...people who complain about sock puppets then turn around and use a sock puppet.   

Inconvenient Truth: when the "Elephant in the Room" becomes a literal thing, somebody thinks they're clever! Anything is possible in Second Life, just not likely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I am not sure what to think about how much spare time people have to spend here arguing, calling people names, trying to one-up each other, typing out hateful one-liners, using their finite lifetimes to make other people miserable or forcing themselves to read what they hate so they can spend time spreading more hate like an infection while trying to convince people they act that way because they're so loving.

Wtf?

Inconvenient Truth: Blocking / Ignoring really does work!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am not afraid of your opinion, as am mostly a force for Good! Take your time! 😻

Never fear, Lion! I usually judge kindly and am mature enough to choose my battles, which are rare, and not just argue for sport. I may not like everything that you type out, but we've never crossed swords.

*scritches you behind your fluffy ear*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

You're kidding, right? I just hit 4000 posts and I've been here since 2010.

Wtf?

Cinny, I meant in this thread. As you said: 4 or 5 posts. Not about your overall posts.

• Like 1