I have used PBR in landscaping, and hated it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Installed the new viewer, first glitch, no rlv, and its checked as activated, so this is my first wtf for the new viewer, stay tuned for more

Relogged with old viewer, my mesh body folder is now empty, thats the second wtf

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff

I'm guessing the problems with new "ruined by PBR Bloatstorm" are a direct result of Beq rushing the release to try and have it ready for SLB, instead of waiting another 6 to 12 months, and trying to get it working properly.

Gotta love "Futureness cultists" trying to force their futureness on people before it's ready.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
42 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

My FPS is 100.  The only problem is that I can't see anything because it's gray.

You may have just stumbled upon the ultimate solution to lag!!!

lol well...I was being a bit silly & hyperbolic......it just takes longer to see textures...hopefully that will improve with some updates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Great, so this weekend will be about 20 threads scattered across the forum all asking "I downloaded the latest Bloatstorm and now my SL looks like crap!

Nobody really comes here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Installed the new viewer, first glitch, no rlv, and its checked as activated, so this is my first wtf for the new viewer, stay tuned for more

Someone mentioned finding an issue with rlv commands in the new release.If you issue a command , and then another before it completes it cancels them both..it's been jira'd. I don't use rlv , but that might be helpful info.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Modulated said:

Someone mentioned finding an issue with rlv commands in the new release.If you issue a command , and then another before it completes it cancels them both..it's been jira'd. I don't use rlv , but that might be helpful info.

well my hardcore relay detached because it couldn't detect rlv, then i got a collar message saying it would disable rlv because it couldn't find it.

I thought I'd have a look but now I think I'm gonna wait, plus, switching back and forth messes up my settings in the old version

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This has GOT to be the most thoroughly field-tested viewer version FS has ever released. It's surprising people are having so many issues.

I've never had issues with an update before, but this one.... i dunno

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This has GOT to be the most thoroughly field-tested viewer version FS has ever released. It's surprising people are having so many issues.

No not really.

Somebody decided to do an LL, and rush the release so as to co-inside with the SLB, and oops, bug ridden drek detected.

You just got a dodgy beta deliberately mis lablled as Release, for SLB for political reasons, rather than because it was anywhere near ready.

The value of Beta's can go down as well as up, that's why you test the hell out of them before calling one a "release candidate".

Just shoving some changes into a new beta, then saying "oh Friday is SLB, lets just cut corners and call this the release build to please LL" is how you fubar the whole thing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Firestorm PBR seems to work like the official viewer, so I've not hit issues in that sense. The texture stuff works fine for me. It's the sky changes where I need more options (it's working as intended, but I need to turn it off).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

On the hardware side..I think if people were kinda limping along with the pre-pbr viewer, it was doable, this one is a whole different beast. It needs better hardware. If your rig has integrated graphics or anywhere near bottom of the barrel -like a 2gb/3gb vram gpu it's not going to be a good time IMO. I think it's just the hardware's shortcomings become painfully apparent now.

Those also stuck on a 32 bit viewer are very end of the road now, as there will be no more 32 bit releases.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I saw some complaints in the Maitreya Friends group in-world. Mostly brightness issues, some FPS issues, some computer age issues. Not a single peep about probes or anything like that. Just advice to fiddle with the exposure setting. The CSR is doing a great job adding notices about bodies/skins being too shiny due to the forced ALM, at least.

As for me, I shall just not update until I havta. I'd really rather not deal with any of it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I saw some complaints in the Maitreya Friends group in-world. Mostly brightness issues, some FPS issues, some computer age issues. Not a single peep about probes or anything like that. Just advice to fiddle with the exposure setting. The CSR is doing a great job adding notices about bodies/skins being too shiny due to the forced ALM, at least.

As for me, I shall just not update until I havta. I'd really rather not deal with any of it.

So all those people running around all shiny had no clue that they were shiny?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The skies included are really not pbr friendly, some of them work a lot of them don't, and I bet the bulk are trying to use calwl still-which is blindingly bright in the pbr viewer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

So all those people running around all shiny had no clue that they were shiny?  

I guess, lol! I think she was mentioning it as a precaution as I didn't see anyone really complaining about that in particular, but I'm suuuuure lots of people had no clue about it. I can so see it!

1 minute ago, Modulated said:

The skies included are really not pbr friendly, some of them work a lot of them don't, and I bet the bulk are trying to use calwl still-which is blindingly bright in the pbr viewer.

Oh that's a good point. Considering it's a body group, I bet they do use CalWL or Nam's or something quite often.

• Like 2

I guess, lol! I think she was mentioning it as a precaution as I didn't see anyone really complaining about that in particular, but I'm suuuuure lots of people had no clue about it. I can so see it!

Oh that's a good point. Considering it's a body group, I bet they do use CalWL or Nam's or something quite often.

And if they are using calwl AND  facelight, I will say a prayer for their retinas.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

IIRC, Maitreya (maybe Lelutka, too?) has the materials on as default so if people weren't using ALM, they didn't have a clue.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

IIRC, Maitreya (maybe Lelutka, too?) has the materials on as default so if people weren't using ALM, they didn't have a clue.

I think its exactly this.  These folks are about to realize how they've been looking for a long time and didn't know haha

• Like 4

Just now, Modulated said:

I think its exactly this.  These folks are about to realize how they've been looking for a long time and didn't know haha

Materials on, face light and calwl, walking into a nighttime EEP.  I saw someone like that today.  She must not have used shared environment because it looked as if she had a 1000watt spotlight on.  She was plastic shiny, too.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Materials on, face light and calwl, walking into a nighttime EEP.  I saw someone like that today.  She must not have used shared environment because it looked as if she had a 1000watt spotlight on.  She was plastic shiny, too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.