What are you excited for in Second Life?

16 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Nothing. None of the upcoming tech improvements and features are anything I haven't already been seeing/using for years elsewhere.

Ok, even if you're not "excited" about the stuffs, do you see it as a positive, negative, or IDC?

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Even a quick google search points out that there is plenty of pron apps out there available at least for android, so it seems the worry that a cartoon app like SL mobile is a small concern in comparison.

No need to "search" bowsers are available - that's all it needs.

Just now, Fionalein said:

No need to "search" bowsers are available - that's all it needs.

That too but I guess it is about the app approval from certain quarters. I don't know why they worry about getting approval from the iStore, its not like they support Mac anyway with regular viewers. 

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That too but I guess it is about the app approval from certain quarters. I don't know why they worry about getting approval from the iStore, its not like they support Mac anyway with regular viewers. 

Maybe because there are lots of iPhone and iPad users who would use Second Life.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Even a quick google search points out that there is plenty of pron apps out there available at least for android, so it seems the worry that a cartoon app like SL mobile is a small concern in comparison.

I never actually looked. I absolutely cannot stand doing more than checking texts on a phone. The tiny screen annoys me to no end.

Maybe that's got something to do with the type of content contained on those apps, though. Might be more tame. SL is a bit...yeah.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We don't know, could be part of her daily ritual search for adult apps! I try not to judge. 

*takes notes and stores them in the 'if I ever found a cult' box*

On topic: Crazy ideas adult content creators will come with for mirrors.

Come on - somebody had to state this - it was inevitable.

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I never actually looked. I absolutely cannot stand doing more than checking texts on a phone. The tiny screen annoys me to no end.

Maybe that's got something to do with the type of content contained on those apps, though. Might be more tame. SL is a bit...yeah.

This kitty has a 11" display phone, just buy a headset with those or you'll look really weird.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am looking forward to "starter avatar setup" being an option on the Mobile app.

And since the Mobile App will protect younger users by restricting the content rating of Regions they can visit, I am looking forward to "starter avatars" that will attract younger users (who I assume are a target audience, since they will be restricted by Apple's rules). So, there will probably be starter avatars that represent teens (aka "child avatars")! That will be interesting.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

On topic: Crazy ideas adult content creators will come with for mirrors.

Suggestions:

- Mirror always makes your avatar look 18+ (or the opposite). 

- Mirror acts like a HUD, to show you the status of your Lovense attachments.

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ok, even if you're not "excited" about the stuffs, do you see it as a positive, negative, or IDC?

Somewhere between negative and don't care. Some of it might impact performance unless there are plans to ensure it doesn't. I can't see it being implemented well, though. Hence negative (for some users). Doesn't particularly matter in my case, as I'm a also a user of other modern platforms/games that run really well. Hence dun care.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

On apple devices things are changing too since the EU is changing law on app store monopoly.

They're not making it easy though. Apple is twisting the meaning of the EU rulings to strongly resist actual really open alternate app stores and payment methods to the point where it so stupidly difficult to meet Apple's own requirements that it's sometimes not worth the effort for devs. They may be following the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law is being basically ignored by Apple. Apple is holding onto that 30% cash cow as hard and long and tenaciously as you might imagine a mega-corp who wants profit above anything else would.

Note: I am about the biggest fan of Apple tech you could imagine, so I'm torn in my loyalty re: the above. I've owned more models of Apple computers than most people have owned computers, starting with my Apple II. I couldn't have done what i do professionally for 30 years without Apple tech.

But even I recognize their shortcomings, and the profit-driven corporatorcacy of Apple these days—either by twisting the meaning of the Europe rulings, bowing to China's demands, censoring simple apps that are too hot-potato political, their hand-wringing pearl clutching about adult anything, etc—is strong.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I thought I would search how available pron apps were after you mentioned it. Myself I use the phone and even a 10" tablet at times when using the older Lumiya mobile app. I like it for the ability to talk and text as I rarely type on the phone or tablet and almost always use the speech function.

I don't know about those other apps as I am always afraid that they will be full of viruses and other nasties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Somewhere between negative and don't care. Some of it might impact performance unless there are plans to ensure it doesn't. I can't see it being implemented well, though. Hence negative (for some users). Doesn't particularly matter in my case, as I'm a also a user of other modern platforms/games that run really well. Hence dun care.

I'm not a heavy photo person / visit pretty sims, so for some things I dun care too. 

But I am glad if it makes some people happy.

Guess I'm mostly caring as normal about scripting stuffs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm not a heavy photo person / visit pretty sims, so for some things I dun care too. 

So you don't actually get out much inworld?

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Photography is all I do here now and I've cut down on some of that lately as I'm not shopping much anymore. Even with that, though, I have zero interest in PBR. Just not interested in having to manually make it work myself (unless that's no longer necessary - I haven't been keeping up with it). If anything, it'd make me log in even less. Just sounds like a hassle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Just not interested in having to manually make it work myself (unless that's no longer necessary - I haven't been keeping up with it).

I agree: Testing mirrors (at least initially) was a hassle (rez a reflection probe, make all these different settings, etc. etc.).

Also: Having to now rez local lights is a PITA. I'm not a fan.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pretentious Bloody Rubbish - Terminally broken hot mess, encourages the worst creators to make content that 60%+ of SecondLifers cannot see.

PBR Mirrors, probably the WORST mirror implementation in any game engine in the last 18 years.

2K textures, permanent texture thrashing for everyone who doesn't own a 30x0 r 40x0 series RTX GPU card.

PBR terrain, all the problems of PBR and all the problems of 2 textures ADDED together. Love those rolling hills of fall-back plywood!

GLTF Scene upload, enables zero talent failed artiste wannabes to upload entre scenes ripped from games and 3D artists, that won't be suitable for SL. also raises the spectre of failed artiste wannabes uploading complete furnished skyboxes and house as an "artistic whole" so customers can't remove furniture or decorative items they don't want, from the NO-Mod failed artiste's "vision". And raises the possibility that furniture vendors will go out of business, for a worse SL with fewer choices about how your digital home looks.

MobleLife Fail viewer,  massive waste of time, effort, and money, it's purpose destroyed by Awful Mac App store nonsense, by cultists  seeking an imaginary Awful Mac whyPhone market who won't want to use SL n the first place.

LL's continuing fiasco of Sux-Ra Noob bodes, they should have just asked the "body replacer mod creators from Fallout  4 & Skyrim to do t, t would have taken les time and been 1000% better.

New ToS changes/draconian verification designed to make life a pain for anyone who isn't a puritan killjoy.

Higher Lindex transaction charges & MP sales tax to compensate for the cost of all the above crap and the loss of paying customers it will cause.

Did  miss anything?

Oh yeah, "Cult of Pointless Positivity" spammers acting like any of this stuff is "good", because they can't stand the idea of accepting that LL are BAD at running SL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am looking forward to the impending protected water (20m) connection between Bellisseria and Sansara. This happens when Urchin Sea is connected to Bleaberry Tarn by completing the northwest Ranch coast with 7 new regions.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I agree: Testing mirrors (at least initially) was a hassle (rez a reflection probe, make all these different settings, etc. etc.).

Also: Having to now rez local lights is a PITA. I'm not a fan.

Oof, yeah, so then there's prims to worry about, too. I always try and leave some free for decorating my scenes, but there are numerous times where I maxed completely out. So if you still have to rez lights and stuff, nah, I'd never mess with it.

I need backend things to just work without any input from me whatsoever. That's sort of the level I'm at these days. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

So if you still have to rez lights and stuff, nah, I'd never mess with it.

It totally depends on your environment settings - I meant that my interior is now dark without local lights (no mirrors). 

• Like 1

I thought of something positive!

Every 6 months or so, LL throws us a bone (so to speak). 

Sometimes we LIKE the bone. Examples:  More LI per region, less LI used for mesh (I think that's the newest one), etc.

I look forward to the next tasty, juicy bone!

Maybe we will get something for SL21B!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

It's a positivity thread Zalificent >.>

That WAS the positive side,  I didn't mention the sell off to Fake Money Crypto-Crap Enablers Inc of Singapore, so they can use those MTL's n 48 states to help criminals hide their illegal money n 3rd world based Crypto Not-Banks.

I didn't mention LL's repeated failure to cleanse the 17 year festering wound, now turned gangrenous, that is "Tiny Toxic Terror Tots".

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus

25 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Pretentious Bloody Rubbish - Terminally broken hot mess, encourages the worst creators to make content that 60%+ of SecondLifers cannot see.

PBR Mirrors, probably the WORST mirror implementation in any game engine in the last 18 years.

2K textures, permanent texture thrashing for everyone who doesn't own a 30x0 r 40x0 series RTX GPU card.

PBR terrain, all the problems of PBR and all the problems of 2 textures ADDED together. Love those rolling hills of fall-back plywood!

GLTF Scene upload, enables zero talent failed artiste wannabes to upload entre scenes ripped from games and 3D artists, that won't be suitable for SL. also raises the spectre of failed artiste wannabes uploading complete furnished skyboxes and house as an "artistic whole" so customers can't remove furniture or decorative items they don't want, from the NO-Mod failed artiste's "vision". And raises the possibility that furniture vendors will go out of business, for a worse SL with fewer choices about how your digital home looks.

MobleLife Fail viewer,  massive waste of time, effort, and money, it's purpose destroyed by Awful Mac App store nonsense, by cultists  seeking an imaginary Awful Mac whyPhone market who won't want to use SL n the first place.

LL's continuing fiasco of Sux-Ra Noob bodes, they should have just asked the "body replacer mod creators from Fallout  4 & Skyrim to do t, t would have taken les time and been 1000% better.

New ToS changes/draconian verification designed to make life a pain for anyone who isn't a puritan killjoy.

Higher Lindex transaction charges & MP sales tax to compensate for the cost of all the above crap and the loss of paying customers it will cause.

Did  miss anything?

Oh yeah, "Cult of Pointless Positivity" spammers acting like any of this stuff is "good", because they can't stand the idea of accepting that LL are BAD at running SL.

Can I interest you in a plot in Opensim? 😎

• Like 1