Lindens Statements from Governance Meeting

2 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:
3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

While I do not approve of guns (in general), at least that child is holding a "toy" gun with an orange "safety-tip".

Glad you noticedÂ đŸ˜„

Just be careful with those in RL Public!

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just be careful with those in RL Public!

I'd like to get a brightly coloured one like a modern nerf gun but not been able to find one yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madi Melodious said:

Years ago a friend of mines business tried to have meetings in SL.  He even had an account paid for by his corp for years.   They had maybe two or three meetings, eveyone kept showing up as cat, dragons, and all kinds of goofy critters for the meeting.   They never could get anyone to behave in a professional manner,  or even look the part.  They pulled the plug on the meetings but didn't pull the plug on the SL accounts till almost a ten years later.

They were ahead of their time vs. Zoom

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There used to be a way to "Summon a Linden NOW". đŸ™‚

I saw it with my own eyes, it was beautiful.  They dealt with griefers on the spot.

I don't remember this, so guessing it was before my time, and when mainland sandboxes were more active.

I think anything like this would be abused/trolled/exploited/mocked/goofed/whatever far too often now to make it worthwhile, and a waste of LL man hours. An ability to summon npc AI hippos could be fun and maybe even useful, however. Like a virtual alexa, with extra visuals.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

People are surprised that LL monitors chat and IM logs? 

I actually think them taking proactive measures is a good thing. They have been fair too reactionary with pedofiles to date. Requiring child avatars wear modesty layers is part of the solution but it's not 'the solution,' they also need to go after the people who engage in that sort of activity. 

Going after individuals who get involved in TOS-breaking activities might be harder than going after the sims and groups that promote them.

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh for sure they have access. A kind Linden once got into my inventory to search for something important I'd lost (an entire region build packaged in a rez-faux).

When a Linden needed to log in to my account to fix something they told me and I then felt I had to tidy it up a little to avoid being too embarrassed.

Kinda like that thing where your mother told you to wear good underwear since you never know when you might get hit by a bus. Or maybe that was just mine...

Either way, keep a tidy inventory. One day someone else might see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The modesty layers look similar to what IMVU has for their avatars when you go into the shop or dress up to create an avatar. I believe it is the right thing to do I mean second life should have done that when child avatars started to become popular. TOS does need to be followed and updated over time with laws coming into play. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

When a Linden needed to log in to my account to fix something they told me and I then felt I had to tidy it up a little to avoid being too embarrassed.

Kinda like that thing where your mother told you to wear good underwear since you never know when you might get hit by a bus. Or maybe that was just mine...

If they want to come in to tidy up my inventory, they have an open invitation.  I'll even bake cookies!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:
3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh for sure they have access. A kind Linden once got into my inventory to search for something important I'd lost (an entire region build packaged in a rez-faux).

Haha I know what you mean.

I just figured he freaked out at what a mess my inventory was and wanted to get away asap!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ineffable Mote said:

I don't remember this, so guessing it was before my time, and when mainland sandboxes were more active.

I think anything like this would be abused/trolled/exploited/mocked/goofed/whatever far too often now to make it worthwhile, and a waste of LL man hours. An ability to summon npc AI hippos could be fun and maybe even useful, however. Like a virtual alexa, with extra visuals.

A Linden Bear would be a cute AI helper, kind of like Janet on "The Good Place".

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A Linden Bear would be a cute AI helper, kind of like Janet on "The Good Place".

oooh years ago I got a Shaman Linden coffee bear while hanging out at an sl#b and it's long been my fav, I don't even like coffee..but it'd be perfect for this

Edited by Ineffable Mote
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, WereBeast Alpha said:

The modesty layers look similar to what IMVU has for their avatars when you go into the shop or dress up to create an avatar. I believe it is the right thing to do I mean second life should have done that when child avatars started to become popular. TOS does need to be followed and updated over time with laws coming into play. 

Here's someone on MP already making modesty skins to meet the new TOS requirements.

Personally, I think child avatar skins should be gender-neutral, with underpants on the pelvis and without anatomical details on the chest, like a doll.

image.png.1bb3361d18852bdc6faa950343484171.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Here's someone on MP already making modesty skins to meet the new TOS requirements.

Personally, I think child avatar skins should be gender-neutral, with underpants on the pelvis and without anatomical details on the chest, like a doll.

image.png.1bb3361d18852bdc6faa950343484171.png

If skins were like that, it would be trivially easy for someone to make a tattoo layer that adds nipples and/or genitals to the skin. With modesty layers that don't match the skin tone, it will be more difficult (though not impossible.)

• Like 2

Agreed - A bra covering should only be present when it is age & developmentally appropriate for a bra to be worn .. you know .. boring & entirely normal. Bras on little kids, toddlers and babies is F*****G WEIRD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, BriannaLovey said:

If skins were like that, it would be trivially easy for someone to make a tattoo layer that adds nipples and/or genitals to the skin. With modesty layers that don't match the skin tone, it will be more difficult (though not impossible.)

All one needs to do is add a BoM skin layer over the modesty skin layer.  Either way, they're breaking the rule.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Agreed - A bra covering should only be present when it is age & developmentally appropriate for a bra to be worn .. you know .. boring & entirely normal. Bras on little kids, toddlers and babies is F*****G WEIRD.

Keira did say she would feed that back. It'll soon be the weekend so maybe we will hear more next week? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BriannaLovey said:

It would be even easier just to wear a different skin. The point of requiring modesty skins for child & minor teen avatars is so creators can't sell anatomically correct skins without breaking the TOS, & if users wear them on a child avatar, they will obviously be breaking the TOS as well.

• Like 3

It would be even easier just to wear a different skin. The point of requiring modesty skins for child & minor teen avatars is so creators can't sell anatomically correct skins without breaking the TOS, & if users wear them on a child avatar, they will obviously be breaking the TOS as well.

That's the current position anyway. I'm not entirely sure LL has dropped the 'cannot be removed by any means,' element, just merely shelved for the time being. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

...or gender specific.

I don't think there would be any issues with someone opting to wear the chest modesty layers when they're not required to. I do think the reverse would be problematic though in some cases. For example., if your avatar has a developed chest then you should be required to wear the bra modesty layer. Doesn't necessarily have to look like a bra, it could be anything designers choose to create, but it should be covered. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I agree as well but I don't think that it should be removed. It should be a tank top or t-shirt type of covering for babies/toddlers.  Nothing would be un-acceptable and I doubt they will go for it.

No disrespect for the creator but I'm sorry, that is utterly UGLY.  The top is WAY too invasive and covers too much for female on top though the bottoms are ok. I sure hope that other creators get "more creative" than this. It looks like they just slapped something together and threw it on the MP.

• Like 1

Just now, brodiac90 said:

I don't think there would be any issues with someone opting to wear the chest modesty layers when they're not required to. I do think the reverse would be problematic though in some cases. For example., if your avatar has a developed chest then you should be required to wear the bra modesty layer. Doesn't necessarily have to look like a bra, it could be anything designers choose to create, but it should be covered. 

I'm thinking that if there are no straps of any kind, then they wouldn't show under any clothes. Minor avatars would still have to be covered. I get what you're saying though. If the top is built into the skin, there's no way for the avatar to become topless.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm thinking that if there are no straps of any kind, then they wouldn't show under any clothes. Minor avatars would still have to be covered. I get what you're saying though. If the top is built into the skin, there's no way for the avatar to become topless.

Keira also said she saw no issue with avatars opting not to wear the back part of the female chest modesty layer and that she would also feed that back. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2