Discuss or Comments about Child, Adult, Can't Tell Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

but...not aware of the new TOS?... on what he did click "accept" before the login somewhere in the past week?

cant hide in innocence because they didn't read.

Reputable companies give all their subscribers a week or even longer notification of an upcoming ToS or Privacy Policy change before they actually present the Accept or Decline page. They don't try to hide the changes in a 10 page document that doesn't highlight the areas that have been changed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Reputable companies give all their subscribers a week or even longer notification of an upcoming ToS or Privacy Policy change before they actually present the Accept or Decline page. They don't try to hide the changes in a 10 page document that doesn't highlight the areas that have been changed.

Yes true, but not LL... accept or "**** off, cant even get any money back if you wished after declining, selling your lindens.....because also the accountpage would be blocked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i didn't get any feedback on my og post in this thread, and i probably failed at making it clear that i was curious in that post. so what specifically made some ppl pick confused on this particular avatar? I'm sorry for not separating images, i didn't want to clog the chat when i posted as its the same avatar. my decision to do that it probably ended up making it harder for ppl to gauge/pick an emoji.

i wonder if the tomboyish outfit was what threw some ppl off? it could be the genus babyface head too? i want her to be chubby which is a challenge at times with what sl offers 😭

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilgrey said:

i didn't get any feedback on my og post in this thread, and i probably failed at making it clear that i was curious in that post. so what specifically made some ppl pick confused on this particular avatar? I'm sorry for not separating images, i didn't want to clog the chat when i posted as its the same avatar. my decision to do that it probably ended up making it harder for ppl to gauge/pick an emoji.

i wonder if the tomboyish outfit was what threw some ppl off? it could be the genus babyface head too? i want her to be chubby which is a challenge at times with what sl offers 😭

1 hour ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

I didn't choose anything on that one, personally, but I can take an educated guess: Knock knees and hen toes.

Yes, bit difficult, because several avatar looks in the same post. I chose confused because of the face, could just as easily be 16 or 17 as it could be 18, to me. Well, and last pic, no face due to the mask, can't tell at all, so, "confused".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Devilgrey said:

As @InnerCity Elf said, you have several completely different looks in that post.  The looks are SO different, I honestly thought they are different avatars (head skins / etc.); even when I went back today to look, I thought the same thing.  So, if you had posted each "apparently completely different look" in its own post, perhaps you would have gotten different responses for some looks than others..

None of the above is intended as "criticism". 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Devilgrey said:

I responded with a sad face to anyone who did not follow the format. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I responded with a sad face to anyone who did not follow the format. 

I realized that. Sorry, I missed that rule completely in the og post. 

I assumed it was ok since a few other ppl posted their avatar in a few outfits. those avatars looked more consistent than than mine did tho.

I could always repost it, if you want?

1 minute ago, Devilgrey said:

I realized that. Sorry, I missed that rule completely in the og post. 

I assumed it was ok since a few other ppl posted their avatar in a few outfits. those avatars looked more consistent than than mine did tho.

I could always repost it, if you want?

You certainly can repost separating your avies if you like. I think you'd have a better result. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

I didn't choose anything on that one, personally, but I can take an educated guess: Knock knees and hen toes.

Maybe that was my aos fault? the tomboyish one, which is funny as I actually used a male ao for that specific outfit. The others I used a female one called “tranquil.” I hate ao that move and walk around too much. on the shape it’s set to 50 on bow legs/knees, I never touch that setting. I’m wearing maitreya. I didn’t realize it even realize it looked like that. XD

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Devilgrey said:

Not even close to being an 'avatar of concern'. People will walk by and not even think of this avatar in this way. The body shape is that of a fully developed woman.

6 hours ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

That can be a trait of childhood yes, but if applied to an adult avatar means 'shy'. By itself, it's not enough to determine the 'presenting' age.

LL has a longer list of objective characteristics they will use.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Devilgrey said:

I put confused, because the images were all together.

The first three appear youngish to me and rated a confused. The fourth has their face covered. It's a non-starter for an appearance judgement on age appearance.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

As @InnerCity Elf said, you have several completely different looks in that post.  The looks are SO different, I honestly thought they are different avatars (head skins / etc.); even when I went back today to look, I thought the same thing.  So, if you had posted each "apparently completely different look" in its own post, perhaps you would have gotten different responses for some looks than others..

None of the above is intended as "criticism". 🙂

Thanks and no worries I didn’t read it as criticism. I’m more surprised she looks so different to others in each outfit. Never really thought it was so drastic. I probably just realize it bc I had to put it all together. The skin is the same tho in each one. I just own a lot of bom makeup layers and hair. Especially from freebies and cheapbies. Might as well not let it go to waste is my thinking. 

A few of my avatars maybe have one to max two alternate hairstyle but this one has some many variations. Guess you could pretend she wears wigs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilgrey said:

I’m more surprised she looks so different to others in each outfit.

Sometimes it could be apparent coloration / shade / lighting differences. 

After you said they were the same avatar, I had to look extremely closely to see if the skin tone was different or the same on each picture.  Different hair, colored differently, framed the face leading (for me) to a different perceived color of the skin tone.  Similarly, completely different clothing, colored differently, led to a similar effect for me.  

The differences were drastic enough for me, that I honestly thought some were "male" until you wrote "she". I probably "wanted" to see a male (everyone sees androgyny differently).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devilgrey said:

A few of my avatars maybe have one to max two alternate hairstyle but this one has some many variations. Guess you could pretend she wears wigs. 

While of course avatars can change hairstyles anytime, it's rare these days in RL for people to radically change hairstyles.  I noticed that your hairstyles are heavily influenced by Manga / Manhwa styles.  Of course in those stories, a character usually has "just one style". 

I'm reminded of a favorite Manhwa ("Let Dai"), in which one of the main characters constantly changed hair styles. This had an interesting side effect of 'making fun of hairstyles in manhwa'.  The character was able to get away with this because part of the story was, their family owned a wig shop!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sometimes it could be apparent coloration / shade / lighting differences. 

After you said they were the same avatar, I had to look extremely closely to see if the skin tone was different or the same on each picture.  Different hair, colored differently, framed the face leading (for me) to a different perceived color of the skin tone.  Similarly, completely different clothing, colored differently, led to a similar effect for me.  

The differences were drastic enough for me, that I honestly thought some were "male" until you wrote "she". I probably "wanted" to see a male (everyone sees androgyny differently).

yeah i feel all my avatars got that queerness edge in appearance well bc i am. this avatar does have a smaller chest bc i didn't really want a big-breasted look on her. most of my avatars fall into the queer spectrum too, just dont really have anything defined for most of them. I actually did have a femme femboy wearing some of those outfits i shared on her but eventually they got binned, so i transferred all the clothes to this avatar. before that she was way more gender neutral. IRL i'm masc, and hate the lack of masc clothes for maitreya at times. (v tech exists but i hated using it, it was glitchy when swapping avatars all the time. so i just alpha out the boobs if its vtech clothes).

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

While of course avatars can change hairstyles anytime, it's rare these days in RL for people to radically change hairstyles.  I noticed that your hairstyles are heavily influenced by Manga / Manhwa styles.  Of course in those stories, a character usually has "just one style". 

I'm reminded of a favorite Manhwa ("Let Dai"), in which one of the main characters constantly changed hair styles. This had an interesting side effect of 'making fun of hairstyles in manhwa'.  The character was able to get away with this because part of the story was, their family owned a wig shop!

idk if you know the author who wrote Nana & Paradise kiss but they were originally a fashion designer. so all the characters in there manga sport different looks throughout the story. same with momo from peach girl. gotta love that fashion flare in comics. I'm going to look up that manhwa btw.

I also change my hairstyle probably like once a year irl, so maybe that's it too. went from long hair to short hair like 2 years ago like it was nothing. and even then, ive changed the short hairstyle few times since then. this wasnt the first time i did that tho. i've cut my hair short and grew it back out several times in my life. wont dye my hair again tho, i hated the process of it the few times i tried :(

Edited by Devilgrey
forums wont let me say t!ts
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Devilgrey said:

@Love Zhaoying i just remembered skell dagger is a good example of how drastic makeup, hair, skins, and clothes change change the same avatar. he always were the same head but can look really different.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/skelldagger/with/52569418822

should probably be my last comment before derailing this any further

〜(><)〜

Yes, most people in the thread Forum who've been around awhile remember Skell, he used to post here an awful lot.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Forum, not thread
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes, most people in the thread Forum who've been around awhile remember Skell, he used to post here an awful lot.

then he's an good example for the more recent peeps like me. i read his beginner articles on his blog when new to sl, very useful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilgrey said:

then he's an good example for the more recent peeps like me. i read his beginner articles on his blog when new to sl, very useful.

He's a good example to us old SL farts too. His creativity has me buying makeup sets I might never have bought except that 'ooh that would be interesting on a <xyz> color skin.'

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

He's a good example to us old SL farts too. His creativity has me buying makeup sets I might never have bought except that 'ooh that would be interesting on a <xyz> color skin.'

Yes he slays so many good looks

On 5/9/2024 at 3:01 PM, Codex Alpha said:

If you're still confused and making excuses as to why you can't recognize what a 'child' looks like, then we're all lost...

Age playahs have been insisting that there's no way to recognize a child for 20 years in sl. LOLZ

• Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:
On 5/9/2024 at 3:01 PM, Codex Alpha said:

If you're still confused and making excuses as to why you can't recognize what a 'child' looks like, then we're all lost...

Age playahs have been insisting that there's no way to recognize a child for 20 years in sl. LOLZ

1. "I'm not a player, I just crush a lot." - Biggie Smalls, Still Not a Player (Radio Edit lyrics)

2. There's an old joke, that "Baptists never recognize each other in Dance Halls and Liquor Stores".  (Note: I was raised Southern Baptist. It is OK to joke about myself.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.