Discuss or Comments about Child, Adult, Can't Tell Thread

4 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Let's go another 1000 posts. Second Life Forumers still can't tell what a child is or what an adult is. Those who read the TOS and the Child Avatar Policy (which I'm done linking to because people clearly REFUSE to read it) will have no problem.

This is mainly about very young child avatars 1-14, those before maturity and before curves and breasts develop (that creates the edge cases) - as clearly stated in the Policy

"The entire presentation will be considered, for example in addition to other characteristics, are you saying "Hey Mommy can I pweez have ceewee-ull? Pweeze Mommy?"

Look forward to more confused and deluded paranoid posts on this issue.

Omgoodness hahaha, not a child! All i see is boobs! And you won't get banned over an Environmental Light setting HAHAHAHH

Which is this...child or adult?

nenamarket.jpg.a5254b30b792de086f9fbdb42ef653a1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Which is this...child or adult?

nenamarket.jpg.a5254b30b792de086f9fbdb42ef653a1.jpg

You don't know, so you have to ask me?
It's just a picture. LL said it will take the entire 'presentation' and behaviours that the user is doing to determine if the avatar is bein g 'presented' as a child. If in doubt, stay out of A areas.

• Sad 1

Just now, Codex Alpha said:

You don't know, so you have to ask me?
It's just a picture. LL said it will take the entire 'presentation' and behaviours that the user is doing to determine if the avatar is bein g 'presented' as a child. If in doubt, stay out of A areas.

And that's why people are asking for opinions.  Sometimes I just wonder about you.

If you saw that avatar in adult region, engaged in adult activities while holding a lollipop and a teddy bear, what would you say?  Child or adult?  Simple question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Child, Adult, "I Can't Tell" , they say.

Child avatars. Marketed as child avatars. Look like child avatars.. you do not want these in Adult areas or acting out with behaviours unbefitting their child avatar status. Are you going around saying "Mommy, pweez give me some ceeweeull, Im sweepy"

Then you're a child

image.thumb.png.0c085403cc61013650f4d662e3641b9e.png

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

And that's why people are asking for opinions.  Sometimes I just wonder about you

No I wonder about people like you, sooooooooooooooooooooo worried that they have to participate in 1000 post long topics, and STILL doesn't know what a child avatar is.

You keep posting female avatar with massive boobs - and keep trying to gaslight people into thinking they're supposed to be 'child avatars', you're losing it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Child, Adult, "I Can't Tell" , they say.

More child avatars.. Its too bad some perverts even have to ruin this for everyone as in a more innocent time this wasn't a big deal and was pretty cute!
But if you 're going to be paranoid about this,  you're just wrong! Here's so more just in case you can't figure it out.

Don't ban me these are pictures from the SL marketplace LOL

image.thumb.png.19735683da906bfc38542f3c2395e5da.png

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Codex Alpha said:

No I wonder about people like you, sooooooooooooooooooooo worried that they have to participate in 1000 post long topics, and STILL doesn't know what a child avatar is.

You keep posting female avatar with massive boobs - and keep trying to gaslight people into thinking they're supposed to be 'child avatars', you're losing it.

Comedy gold!

Anyway, you didn't answer my question.  

BTW, females under 18 have boobs, in case you were unaware.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

More child avatars.. Its too f'ing bad some perverts even have to ruin this for everyone as in a more innocent time this wasn't a big deal and was pretty cute!
But if you 're going to be paranoid about this,  you're just wrong! Here's so more just in case you can't figure it out.

Don't ban me these are pictures from the SL marketplace LOL

image.thumb.png.19735683da906bfc38542f3c2395e5da.png

These are all currently under children's shapes teen...

Screenshot_20240514-153702.thumb.png.28daedb65b540d137d6b42e2cb2c57a1.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

BTW, females under 18 have boobs, in case you were unaware.

But children avatars, those of the age that say "Mommy pweeze give me ceeweeull" don't have boobs. Read your TOS.

35 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Funny how this is only ever about policing female avatars ...

Yes, the Patriarchy, "Handmaiden's Tale"  and all that nonsense. Keep up the good fight.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

These are all currently under children's shapes teen...

Screenshot_20240514-153702.thumb.png.28daedb65b540d137d6b42e2cb2c57a1.png

Those examples are 'child avatars' as they are advertised as such.

If in doubt stop being a pervert  while sporting avatars that you are worried about, or enjoy getting banned. Read the TOS.

This needs to be on everyone's blogs, and in the news.. How SL'ers can't decide what child avatars are haha

Edited by Codex Alpha

1 minute ago, Codex Alpha said:

Those examples are 'child avatars' as they are advertised as such.

If in doubt stop being a pervert  while sporting avatars that you are worried about, or enjoy getting banned. Read the TOS.

And THOSE are the edge cases that we're discussing because those do show up in adult situations

Those are also looks that people use  as adult in non-adult situations.

At this.point, I'll concede to what others have said.  We're being trolled and although highly amusing, I'm now rolling my eyes so much I have a headache.

Please do enjoy your insular SL.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sadvhi said:

My shape is there and I roleplay age 11

And many use those for adult characters which is the reason for the thread as almost all of us understand aside from...well...that guy.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And THOSE are the edge cases that we're discussing because those do show up in adult situations

Those are also looks that people use  as adult in non-adult situations.

At this.point, I'll concede to what others have said.  We're being trolled and although highly amusing, I'm now rolling my eyes so much I have a headache.

Please do enjoy your insular SL.

Good, stay out of Adult areas and behave if you're wearing a child avatar, thanks. You enjoy your insular SL too.

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And many use those for adult characters which is the reason for the thread as almost all of us understand aside from...well...that guy.

Why are you buying avatars marketed, marked and artistically styled to represent child avatars, and try to use them as adult?

pwned

Edited by Codex Alpha

9 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Why are you buying avatars marketed, marked and artistically styled to represent child avatars, and try to use them as adult?

Not that I would buy them, but I see 3 - 4 shapes that I can upscale and put in propotion so they look like young adults (18 - 25 year)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

But children avatars, those of the age that say "Mommy pweeze give me ceeweeull" don't have boobs. Read your TOS.

The ones of that age also repeat themselves a lot, and don't always understand what other people say to them. And they like making funny faces because... funny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Here is the deal. LL doesn't want everyone to start ARing people they think look under 18. They really only want the very egregious cases reported.  Where it is OBVIOUS that they are doing something wrong, in a place they shouldn't be.  Not just because they are standing in the corner looking maybe 16 or 19.

If your avatar is on the edge and you KNOW you are not doing anything wrong then simply do not worry about it.  

For those of you that are planning on ARing edge cases, think before you do. LL doesn't want YOU to be the one deciding. That's why they said THEY will take everything into consideration. We don't have to figure it out because what we think may be or probably is totally different than what LL thinks and they are not telling us.

So while this is a fun thread to throw around opinions, it has no bearing whatsoever in getting AR'd and banned from SL.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Good, stay out of Adult areas and behave if you're wearing a child avatar, thanks. You enjoy your insular SL too.

pwned

People actually make.their own shapes that resemble those.  So, they ask "What is it about my avatar that might make.people think it's under 18.".   

They are concerned.that someone MAY think they're too young for an adult region or file an AR because they think that.  Of course, LL might see them as adult so a non-issue but if it were me, I'd want to avoid getting tossed out of a region in the first place.

• Like 3

People discussing borederline cases is good because it will allow the owners of those avatars to make informed decisions going forward if they want to ensure they're percieved the way they intended. 

I suspect 'borderline,' cases, by their very nature will make up only a small fraction of AR's and even less bans (if anyone is banned at all). 

If the thread has proven anything though, people can tell when it matters most. 

Screenshot 2024-05-14 204712.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

At this.point, I'll concede to what others have said.

I could've told you so a week or so ago, but I'm just here mindin' my business, chatting about fashion, and enjoying the photo thread. 😄

giphy-downsized.gif

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Here is the deal. LL doesn't want everyone to start ARing people they think look under 18. They really only want the very egregious cases reported.  Where it is OBVIOUS that they are doing something wrong, in a place they shouldn't be.  Not just because they are standing in the corner looking maybe 16 or 19.

I agree. I'd also hope whatever "punishment" is dished out for being on adult land isn't as severe for avatars just standing around shopping in regular stores. Hopefully just a warning and nothing overly serious.

• Like 7