The new ToS and something I don't think was taken into consideration by LL.

2 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Once again ... over my dead pixelated body. My avatar is a reflection of the RL me, and I did already compromise in height to be considered as an adult in here. If I would use my RL height, I would be kicked out every club, region or whatever that is on Moderate or Adult land.

Not going to happen. And LL explicitly states that height is not necessarily the criterion they will use, and certainly not the only one.

You can safely ignore trolling of this kind, which will frankly turn this thread into a carbon copy of the long one if we don't.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Once again ... over my dead pixelated body. My avatar is a reflection of the RL me, and I did already compromise in height to be considered as an adult in here. If I would use my RL height, I would be kicked out every club, region or whatever that is on Moderate or Adult land.

Please just read the policy.

Q: Does the height or gender of my avatar define it as a child avatar?

A: No. We review many factors from an Abuse Report to come to a final conclusion, and height or gender alone are not grounds for Governance action.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000173097-child-avatar-faq/#Q%3A-How-do-you-define-a-child-avatar?

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

The "panel" term probably got minted in the monster thread, maybe by accident.

I'm sure it was in the initial FAQ's, or new Rulea we were told! Could be a Mandela Effect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Maybe LL should just come out and say, if you wanna be considered adult you must be at least 6 ft 6 inches tall .

Nobody is saying anything like this except for those who want to create a strawman argument.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Now, to stay on topic. Anyone noticed that you look younger/older depending on the windlight setting? 

PBR needs a modesty patch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Now, to stay on topic. Anyone noticed that you look younger/older depending on the windlight setting? 

Just like RL!

I avoid florescent lighting like the plaque plague.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

This just gets more and more ludicrous the more you consider the variables.

Asking residents to use their best judgement is bad enough but when you consider all the bugs and issues surrounding avatars and attachments as well as just how customisable "viewer experience" is in SL it seems an almost comical solution.

ETA: On the other hand, with that in mind, I guess LL won't be putting quite as much stock in what other residents "think" they saw?!

Edited by Fluffy Sharkfin
silver lining?
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Asking residents to use their best judgement is bad enough but when you consider all the bugs and issues surrounding avatars and attachments as well as just how customisable "viewer experience" is in SL it seems an almost comical solution.

That's what I wanted to point out. When someone is AR'ing you because you are looking too young to them, you have to take the windlight setting of that person in consideration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's what I wanted to point out. When someone is AR'ing you because you are looking too young to them, you have to take the windlight setting of that person in consideration.

True, but anyone can AR anyone else for any reason. Governance is presumably not going to be using their particular EEP setting, and will (I hope) be clever enough to recognize that the lighting can make a difference.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, there is still confusion concerning . . .

1) Whether child avatars must use dedicated child avatar (or tween, or teen) bodies that have been designed to include "modesty panels" (whatever that actually means). Or can they use adult bodies with add-ons as necessary?

2) Whether child avatars will, as of June 30, be required to wear new skins (or mesh bodies) with modesty panels/layers (whatever those mean) , or can instead wear some combination of add-ons and BOM undies that would functionally achieve the same thing -- in other words, ensuring that they are "never naked"

3) What exactly does LL mean by "panels" and "layers"???

What am I missing?

You're not missing anything Scylla.

The reason that these threads turn into mammoth contorted beasts, is that this new policy is the most ill thought through act of appeasement since Chamberlain waved his sheet of toilet tissue in front of the press back in 1938.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes, which is essentially impossible since we have know way of knowing, let alone seeing, what another persons custom environment settings may be.

Guess we'll just have to scrap EEP too then huh?

Note: That was a joke not a feature suggestion, just in case anyone was wondering! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I'm almost sorry that "how old do I look today?" thread got a little borked and disappeared. It would've been amusing to see how that turned out. Maybe LL would've learned some useful data from that, as well (not to trust our judgment, mostly, lol).

As for windlight settings, I noticed the FAQ mentioned taking AR snapshots in Midday. I haven't used that setting in a million years (nor do I AR anyone, so there's that), so I have no idea why that would be a thing.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

The reason that these threads turn into mammoth contorted beasts, is that this new policy is the most ill thought through act of appeasement since Chamberlain waved his sheet of toilet tissue in front of the press back in 1938.

Not to all of us. Those of us that can read and comprehend words have very little problem.

Edited by Codex Alpha

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm almost sorry that "how old do I look today?" thread got a little borked and disappeared. It would've been amusing to see how that turned out. Maybe LL would've learned some useful data from that, as well (not to trust our judgment, mostly, lol).

As for windlight settings, I noticed the FAQ mentioned taking AR snapshots in Midday. I haven't used that setting in a million years (nor do I AR anyone, so there's that), so I have no idea why that would be a thing.

Midday Legacy or the normal midday :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

As for windlight settings, I noticed the FAQ mentioned taking AR snapshots in Midday.

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't spotted it.  Hopefully others are more observant and do exactly that, in which case this will be a non-issue.

• Like 2

Midday Legacy or the normal midday :D

Which actually may be a good thing for child avatars, as either of those adds about 40 years to your look.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Nobody is saying anything like this except for those who want to create a strawman argument.

well they should, it would make things so much easier…. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't spotted it.  Hopefully others are more observant and do exactly that, in which case this will be a non-issue.

Welcome! Now I'm wondering how I look under Midday. 👀 What's LL trying to say with that, LOL.

"Well, if they still look like kids in THAT busted lighting that generally adds 10 years to everyone, then..." 😂

Damn, Scylla, ya beat me to the joke, lmao.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Please just read the policy.

Q: Does the height or gender of my avatar define it as a child avatar?

A: No. We review many factors from an Abuse Report to come to a final conclusion, and height or gender alone are not grounds for Governance action.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000173097-child-avatar-faq/#Q%3A-How-do-you-define-a-child-avatar?

I just read it, im not very confidant of my long term prospects in second life.

*runs off and sells all her mainland so she no longer has monthly tier.*

And if im still here when its time to renew my premium membership, I’ll cancel that too 😬

8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I hope so, i was really enjoying the other thread until it got locked 😖

As compelling as the other thread was it was also a bloated, sprawling behemoth which I imagine gave the poor mods and Lindens that had to read it a doozy of a headache.

Personally I think, In the spirit of not inflicting further pain and suffering (and potentially PTSD) on the poor mods, it would be nice if we tried to keep this thread a lot smaller, less contentious and possibly even productive by following the suggestion  @Qie Niangao put forward...

56 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

To try to fend off another 250 pages of this, could we maybe formulate a question for Tommy Linden or somebody who could get a definitive answer about this?

Attempting to condense our concerns down into some succinct and pertinent questions is probably the only reliable way to allay our concerns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2024 at 12:55 PM, Rowan Amore said:

These looks are all marketed under Children's shapes on the MP with the key word Lelutka.  Lelutka heads are quite often used for under 18.  

Second Life Marketplace - lelutka Children's Avatar Shapes

Having just shopped LeLutka heads and skins for them, I was shocked at how some of that stuff looks like 16-year-olds and that some of it even looks like 14-year-olds, just stock out of the box.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, VanVox said:

I imagine that people roleplaying under 18 who are using an adult body with a flat or petite chest add-on to appear pre/pubescent would be expected to comply with all the same rules in the TOS that apply to child avatars, including the use of modesty layers.

Of course those wishing to skirt the rules will simply claim they're +18  and not comply with the rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2