So what changed in the Terms of Service?

1 hour ago, Starberry Passion said:

I thought If you have adult stuff in your profile, you get put in a rating of Adult and people in G or M can't see your stuff?

nope, ALL profiles must be rated G, because everyone can see everyones profile. I’d post a link to the TOS, but I’m on my phone and don’t know how 😂

58 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

We are all already Barbie and Ken Dolls.

but, we are anatomically correct and I don’t walk on tippy toes all the time, although some girls do, and it annoys the heck out of me 😂

7 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

If it were me, I'd try pretty hard to not get an AR right now.

That may be very difficult for those with poor impulse control, or those who do not trust themselves, and of course those who do not trust Linden Lab.

11 minutes ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

Of course they do; not acting on them all would be like juggling legal grenades with the pins pulled. But "acting on" does not mean banning the subject of the AR. Everyone who gets ARd is a customer. Banning them will lose money and SL is a business. They're not going to ban anyone on an unsupported AR alone.

Most of SL's business is from land, not individual accounts. They can lose a few thousand concurrent accounts and it will barely make a dent for them. Your account is a lot more important to you then it is to them. Make no mistake. We are quite dispensable.

No, there really aren't that many at all. And, once again, LL are not looking for excuses to ban people. It is not in their interests to do that.

I don't think it particularly matters to them. If a bunch of bannings scares people into following the new rules, whatever they may be, then I suspect it is not that big a deal for them. You might be putting a bit too much focus on the L$ spent on content rather then the land sales which makes up a major percentage of their business.

20 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

I thought the actual crisis was a false allegation of misconduct by Lindens posted by an anonymous source, which LL investigated and found to have no merit. Is there an additional “child avatar crisis” that has yet to be disclosed and is new? Is this really about EU laws?

i think it's  and, and, + and
The internal crisis is worse than shown.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Be careful...you have no idea or data to back up that it was "believed" by  more than one person.  Maybe the person that was in power to "do something" woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day. <sarcastic remark>

I’m always afraid that the person looking at an AR on me is having a bad hare day 😂

Note: yes I know, I said that once before, but not everyone might have seen it 😬

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Most of SL's business is from land, not individual accounts.

And who gives them money for land? Users. They do not want to kick out customers unless they feel it's in their best interests to do so.

8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

nope, ALL profiles must be rated G, because everyone can see everyones profile. I’d post a link to the TOS, but I’m on my phone and don’t know how 😂

There you go.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Governance has stated in the FAQ that they act on all Child AR's.

that doesn't mean they all get bans or punishment, act on is nothing more than handling them.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

On the same base, that you assume they will take measures immediately.
I've been around long enough to know that if one colors somewhat within the lines, not very much will harm you.

In all the 17 years that I'm around, I was once banned (last year) from a Linden estate at whim of a Linden. But that was straightened out in the end. For the rest, every contact with Lindens and Moles has been correct and pleasant. Not that I had that many of them.

Stay within TOS and live your life, that is all there is to it in Second Life.
If one chooses the drama road, there is a minefield to be seen everywhere IMHO.

I remember all your postings of your problems with just being allowed back on those regions. You're a poster child example of how easy it is to get on the wrong side of virtual policing here. Now you trying to tell me its no big deal? It certainly seemed to be at the time and many people in the forum agreed with you.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

There you go.

The discussion is about SL profiles... nothing to do with forum profiles.

EDIT: (ok I see the link better now.. but its not the TOS... have to just find the exact rule)

Edited by Aya Sweetheart

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

that doesn't mean they all get bans or punishment, act on is nothing more than handling them.

Yes, keep grazing and pay no mind to the bleating of those being led away to the slaughter.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:
5 hours ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Nobody is sincerely demanding modesty patches for adults, it's a jest. 

We're not?  Oh right.  Put away the blow torches!  It was only a joke.

I assume they are on the Marketplace, and have been for a long time.

Paranoid people will buy anything!

8 minutes ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

And who gives them money for land? Users. They do not want to kick out customers unless they feel it's in their best interests to do so.

No, most of their money comes from land barons, not individual users. I suspect Land barons can operate on a negative rental income and still make money on tax write offs, but don't quote me.

6 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The age of the SL Not-Child Avatar is OVER.

It is?  Funny.  I just logged in without an issue.  Let me check my email.  Nope, no memo.   Our groups are still active, and I see a dozen of my friends online.   I don't know where you got your information but I would re-evaluate my source.

Your anti child rants were amusing a few hundred pages ago.  Now it's just sad.   Ether get more material or give it rest already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I remember all your postings of your problems with just being allowed back on those regions. You're a poster child example of how easy it is to get on the wrong side of virtual policing here. Now you trying to tell me its no big deal? It certainly seemed to be at the time and many people in the forum agreed with you.

True dat, if "Not Fair" was a T-shirt, it would be a T-shirt with Sid Nagy on it saying, "This isn't a party!"