So what changed in the Terms of Service?

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nobody. I was just trying to combat misinformation.  In doing so, I inadvertently suggested that all "Reports" originate with users (not Moderators themselves). Oops!

Darn, I must have missed it. It seems some of the most informative posts are those that others consider "misinformation".

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The only naked ones I have seen (having never been to those naked beaches) are the occasional noobie popping into an Adult club proudly displaying their newly purchased dangling d*ck. It's rather gross but easy enough to avert my eyes or derender the flasher. Other then that I just see the occasional bare breasted females which is ok though not sure if I am allowed now under the new laws.

I do love the music scene in SL, and typically if I'm logged in I'm either shopping, building, or at a music venue. I have a few musicians I follow, but if they are performing at a venue in an adult region I don't go. I just get tired of the blatant sexual nudity and behavior. So I do check what the rating of the regions are before teleporting. That also goes for shopping. Most of the time if the region is rated adult I'm more likely to skip the shop.

To make this a bit more on topic. My behavior when it comes to adult rated regions is the same type of behavior those presenting as child avatars will need to use. While I'm not required to change my avatar to go to an adult region, I just prefer not to go there, so I keep an eye out for where I'm going to end up.

The funny thing is that I love raunchy humor, and have been told that oftentimes I sound like Betty White. But in truth I'm a bit straight laced. :) 

I apologize, this is probably more off topic than on. I'll restrain myself. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
add I'm aware I've gotten off topic - trying to make this post more relevant to the topic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Darn, I must have missed it. It seems some of the most informative posts are those that others consider "misinformation".

Short answer: If someone complains about "false reports" in the Forum, that means they were contacted / messaged by Moderators. Good luck convincing most Forumites that a Moderator is responding in some way to a "false report".

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Wrong thread for discussions about that but thank you for having read my post.

I believe you were the one that said "just give me my inventory". So how is that a wrong thread for discussion? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Since your RL age isn't what the new rules are concerned with, I don't see how it would make a difference.  I was directing my comment concerning minors having access to an adult platform.  Most minors would probably be using an adult avatar, IMO.  

I'm not so sure about that as on other platforms, age verifying allows one to wear whatever one likes. There is no stipulations disallowing certain avatar types at that point. The platform I'm thinking of is one of the most prudish around so if they allow that, they must have an inkling that is it is ok.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure about that as on other platforms, age verifying allows one to wear whatever one likes. There is no stipulations disallowing certain avatar types at that point. The platform I'm thinking of is one of the most prudish around so if they allow that, they must have an inkling that is it is ok.

I'm trying to figure out what you're talking about, a virtual platform that actually does Age Verifying and coming up with nothing. Is it one that you need to buy equipment for?

16 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Come to think of it, a few, very few times the naked avatars I've seen were females being pulled around on a chain, so in those cases the nudity would seem to be very intentional.

I guess when you put it that way, I've seen some nearly naked (and yes, mostly females) at some shopping events.  Dental floss through your phat p**** and pasties count as dressed to some, though.  Totally naked outside of shopping events in Moderate public access places?   Not really.  And as always, YMMV

• Like 3

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

I'm trying to figure out what you're talking about, a virtual platform that actually does Age Verifying and coming up with nothing. Is it one that you need to buy equipment for?

IMVU has a thing called the AP or Access Pass. It requires an age verification process that then gives the resident access to all the Adult content in their Virtual World as they have now verified they are 18 or older.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If it's one of the most prudish around, does it include visual adult activities?  Does it separate the under age and the adult verified?  

ETA...I see you answered my question in a subsequent post.

Does IMVU allow adult activities between age verified accounts IF one of those presents as a child avatar?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indy Melody said:

I believe you were the one that said "just give me my inventory". So how is that a wrong thread for discussion? 

It was an off-hand comment alongside the main on-topic response. Threads are too easily diverted by people going off on an off-hand comment so i will refrain from doing so.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

If it's one of the most prudish around, does it include visual adult activities?  Does it separate the under age and the adult verified?  

Very limited on the visual adult activities though one can purchase what is considered BM or black market content that includes adult animations.

It allows for a separation between AP and non-AP though the ones who are AP can meet up with the one who is Non-AP. However the way they have done their viewer, the one who is Non-AP is not able to see any content/clothing or even animations on the one AP that is considered adult. They would only see the default avatar if everything worn is adult. 

Posted (edited)

Keeping things on topic - what do people think the modesty layers should be? It was mentioned much earlier in the thread but didn't really get much traction other than everyone agreeing that LL needed to clarify things and set very clear expectations and examples for creators. We know they will be releasing guidance soon so maybe a deeper discussion would be beneficial? 

I personally think the most practical solution would be brief style underwear and a vest style tank top for both boys and girls. Briefs because both boys and girls wear them so it would be unisex and because it would be much easier to implement and police. 

It would mean boys wouldnt be able to be topless at the beach etc but I don't know how you implement it in any other meaningful way considering there aren't really boy or girl avatars for this age range - they're just all female bodies. 

What do people think? 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

IMVU has a thing called the AP or Access Pass. It requires an age verification process that then gives the resident access to all the Adult content in their Virtual World as they have now verified they are 18 or older.

Oh, I forgot all about that, I purchased one, like 14 years ago? something like that.

I'm not sure if that will help anything if Child avatars are all adults irl. If they have the same thing, then they can just buy the AP. They will still have access to the entire grid, just now LL know their adults  like before.

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Does IMVU allow adult activities between age verified accounts IF one of those presents as a child avatar?

Yes, as far as i know though I have never had the occasion to try that. There would be no reason for it not to be possible. IMVU leaves very little to chance.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brodiac90 said:

The changes, though, are broadly a good thing. Protecting adult avatars on Adult land is a good thing. 

Similarly, LL added a load of protections to child avatars so it's even easier to AR those that try to be involved in things they shouldn't be, whether that be adult avatars, child avatars or both. 

lol, I didn’t know I needed protecting from child avatars, 

as for protections for child avatars, all LL is doing is setting up traps to catch children who unwittingly step on one,

plus LL has basically deputized the entire adult population to get those rule breaking children.

Dont kick and ban them, while you are at it, AR them too, and we will take care of them, permenantly.

Add on top of that, children are now banned from half the grid.

I dunno, but it sure looks like a war on children to me.

😬

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
spelling
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Keeping things on topic - what do people think the modesty layers should be? It was mentioned much earlier in the thread but didn't really get much traction other than everyone agreeing that LL needed to clarify things and set very clear expectations and examples for creators. 

I personally think the most practical solution would be brief style underwear and a vest style tank top for both boys and girls. Briefs because both boys and girls wear them so it would be unisex and because it would be much easier to implement and police. 

It would mean boys wouldnt be able to be topless at the beach etc but I don't know how you implement it in any other meaningful way considering there aren't really boy or girl avatars for this age range - they're just all female bodies. 

What do people think? 

I would disagree with tops required for boys.

8 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

I forgot to mention. Chest wise it is yet to be seen whether boys will need a modesty layer as well. I only mention that because pretty much all child avatars are built around the much smaller female body. The way kid avatars my age (9) differentiate themselves is throguh things like names, clothing, shapes, hair and makeup etc. So in reality it would be very hard to have 1 type of modesty layers for boys and another for girls on the same avatar. 

I'm not sure why we need a modesty layer for the chest of child avatars at all.   I can understand the bottom modesty layer but until puberty there really is no difference between the chest a girl or boy.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Oh, I forgot all about that, I purchased one, like 14 years ago? something like that.

I'm not sure if that will help anything if Child avatars are all adults irl. If they have the same thing, then they can just buy the AP. They will still have access to the entire grid, just now LL know their adults  like before.

Yes I purchased mine around 16 years ago and its good for the lifetime of the account. If memory serves correctly it required a picture ID so harder to fool.

Keeping things on topic - what do people think the modesty layers should be? It was mentioned much earlier in the thread but didn't really get much traction other than everyone agreeing that LL needed to clarify things and set very clear expectations and examples for creators. We know they will be releasing guidance soon so maybe  deeper discussion would be beneficial? 

What do people think? 

Thanks for trying to get things on topic.

My own preference would be "briefs" style lower underwear, and "tube top" (band around the chest) style top underwear.

On the lower underwear: Don't want it "too small" or people can simulate "thongs", etc.

On the top underwear: I suggested a "tube top" style because that way, it would show even if someone wore a shirt with "no sides" (such as a cut-up t-shirt with no arms and open sides).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Very limited on the visual adult activities though one can purchase what is considered BM or black market content that includes adult animations.

It allows for a separation between AP and non-AP though the ones who are AP can meet up with the one who is Non-AP. However the way they have done their viewer, the one who is Non-AP is not able to see any content/clothing or even animations on the one AP that is considered adult. They would only see the default avatar if everything worn is adult. 

If LL does implement age verification, this is exactly what is already in place in SL.  Underage RL persons are restricted to General.  No change there.  No nudity or adult situations in General.  No change there.  That's why I said age verification has nothing whatsoever to do with the new rules.  Anyone NOW who is underage is probably NOT using a child-presenting avatar because they WANT to appear as an adult.

• Like 1

Yes I purchased mine around 16 years ago and its good for the lifetime of the account. If memory serves correctly it required a picture ID so harder to fool.

No, I don't remember it having a picture ID because I purchased for a friend and I. We both went to the same highschool

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Come to think of it, a few, very few times the naked avatars I've seen were females being pulled around on a chain, so in those cases the nudity would seem to be very intentional.

If they are leashed, that is really sexual activity in public and isnt allowed on an M sim. Next time AR them if it bothers you

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
spelling
  • Like 1

Keeping things on topic - what do people think the modesty layers should be? It was mentioned much earlier in the thread but didn't really get much traction other than everyone agreeing that LL needed to clarify things and set very clear expectations and examples for creators. We know they will be releasing guidance soon so maybe  deeper discussion would be beneficial? 

What do people think? 

I don't think what I or anyone else thinks is necessarily important, but with that said, I really hope they don't require any chest covering for any avatar presenting as under the age of 5 or so.  In no case do I think males should have to wear any kind of chest covering. Personally, I wish our culture wasn't so boob obsessed so that females could be as liberated as males and not have to wear silly chest coverings.  Covering the genitals regardless of gender, to me, is all that's necessary. Kind of think I'll get push back on that, but that's okay too.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I'm not sure why we need a modesty layer for the chest of child avatars at all.   I can understand the bottom modesty layer but until puberty there really is no difference between the chest a girl or boy.  

True, but in practise there are child avatars that can be sized to either be very clearly prepubescent with a totally flat undeveloped chest, but which can quickly be changed to be very much so if they're aged up. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

lol, I didn’t know I needed protecting from child avatars, 

as for protections for child avatars, all LL is doing is setting up traps to catch children who unwittingly step on one,

plus LL has basically deputized the entire adult population to get those rule breaking children.

Dont kick and ban them, while you are at it, AR them too, and we will take care of them, permenantly.

Add on to that, children are now banned from half the grid.

I dunno, but it sure looks like a war on children to me.

😬

That is how I see it too. I maintain they are trying to hide anything that might trigger a pedo but as i pointed out in other posts, that is next to impossible unless one is also wearing a facemask or burka.