So what changed in the Terms of Service?

13 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

I have a real problem with people crying on other sites about an innocent perma-ban.. and the people that believe them.

They were doing something wrong... either so foul that the ban was instant or they resisted or were abusive when contacted about breaking TOS.. and repeated or skirted too close to the edge again despite warnings or attempts at education. 

Could there be some very innocent case that got past all that... maybe, but  people make it sound like the innocent children are being banned in droves! 

I've seen too much in this thread already to indicate that people don't get when they are wrong.  As in the people that came in and blatantly stated that they won't comply with TOS because no one will know or worse the one indicating that pedo's need this platform to keep real children safe craziness.  I'm sure they would cry innocence too when faced with a ban for breaking the rules.

Thank you! I get judged for having a similar opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, Wincil said:

I'm not the starting culture wars btw and no it really isn't I would respect all cultures and not fear monger. 

I respect all cultures, races and such also but how I see something and you see something, how we interpret words and in this case avatars, will be dependent on many aspects.  It's not cut and dry.   It has nothing whatsoever to do with respect.

People may see my avatar and think she's all ghetto and speaks as such because they have a bias.  They may have only grown up around black people who spoke like that.  Are they correct?  Not in my case.  I grew up in a predominantly white community.   So although their assumption about me is incorrect, it's still based on their own race, age, upbringing.  Do they respect me any less for being black?  I don't know nor do I care what strangers think.  It's their opinion and we're all entitled to them.  Opinions aren't right or wrong necessarily unless facts prove otherwise.

This is the basis for why avatar age determination is subjective and not objective.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I respect all cultures, races and such also but how I see something and you see something, how we interpret words and in this case avatars, will be dependent on many aspects.  It's not cut and dry.   It has nothing whatsoever to do with respect.

People may see my avatar and think They may have only grown up around black people who spoke like that.  Are they correct?  Not in my case.  I grew up in a predominantly white community.   So although their assumption about me is incorrect, it's still based on their own race, age, upbringing.  Do they respect me any less for being black?  I don't know nor do I care what strangers think.  It's their opinion and we're all entitled to them.  Opinions aren't right or wrong necessarily unless facts prove otherwise.

This is the basis for why avatar age determination is subjective and not objective.  

Well there could could be people who would disagree with you and think that you are incorrect I would aslo think you speaks in such becasue you have a bias.

Edited by Wincil
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

Nope I'm allowing for a maybe it could happen. But in no way shape or form to I believe there is some great watershed moment of banning innocent residents happening in sl.  They would lose money over this. They are a company. They want to keep residents. If you want to believe malarkey because you like skirting the edge yourself that is your problem. 

I have a bridge for sale. SL makes the majority of its money from Land Sales. The money made from L$ trading fees is likely negligible and at best a bit of gravy money. Most resident are a dead loss to them in the bandwidth needed to support their moving around and rezzing. If the grid was empty tommorrow, it would make for a light day for the tech guys and would really have little impact on the money the Lindens continue to bring in from Tiers. A few thousand less residents is no sweat off of their virtual *****. 

We are quite expendable. Sorry to break that to you.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

In that circumstance, where a resident chooses to teleport themselves to a location or event, I'd imagine it would be an even simpler matter for governance to decide who is at fault and how intentional it was since the onus is on every resident to check and see what the maturity rating and, as best as they can ascertain, the type of content and behaviour that will be present there.

If you teleport to an area that you aren't meant to be in or behave in a manner which is unacceptable then you can expect to be reported.

vWVsMnc.png

ZF4yake.png

Xrrxy1V.png

Es7MQc3.png

ljsEUZD.png

EJJKPGE.png

Edited by Honey Puddles
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Well there could could be people who would disagree with you and think that you are incorrect I would aslo think you are all ghetto and speaks such becasue you have a bias.

Are you trolling Rowan again? If so keep it up. She won't bother with me if she is busy with you!

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Are you trolling Rowan again? If so keep it up. She won't bother with me if she is busy with you!

I'm just gonna ignore her at this point like I would agree with her.

Edited by Wincil
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I have a bridge for sale. SL makes the majority of its money from Land Sales. The money made from L$ trading fees is likely negligible and at best a bit of gravy money. Most resident are a dead loss to them in the bandwidth needed to support their moving around and rezzing. If the grid was empty tommorrow, it would make for a light day for the tech guys and would really have little impact on the money the Lindens continue to bring in from Tiers. A few thousand less residents is no sweat off of their virtual *****. 

We are quite expendable. Sorry to break that to you.

Yeah I'm sure if everyone left it would keep the lights on. There is no commerce, there are no sales, there are no spending habits to keep non spenders or low spenders happy here.  I know, I know.

They don't mind losing the trouble makers and rule breakers I'm sure .. so in that case yes those people are very expendable. 

4 minutes ago, Wincil said:

I would aslo think you are all ghetto and speaks such becasue you have a bias

Now you're getting it.  You have your bias about me.  You're entitled to have it.  Is it correct?  No but it's still yours and based on whatever criteria you choose.  That's how the world, RL and SL, works.

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

I'm just gonna ignore her at this point.

Aw, come on!  I agree with you again!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I notice a handful of people that repeatably come in here and go "are you still talking about this, whats the point, why isn't this thread locked yet?" I'd like to say to them that complaining and discussion works sometimes.

Complaining is what is fixing other controversies on the net:

Complaining and discussions are what helped to fix cyberpunk 2077, and no mans sky, and is fixing Sony's insane decisions in regards to helldivers 2 pc release.

Does it always work? No. But it's better then doing nothing and bending the knee. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

All this talk about modesty in child avatars is ridiculous when at the point of teleportation one drops into a gaggle of naked avatars in any region! 

I would think with the intelligence at work at linden lab’s offices, the naked avatar issue would have been addressed so even if a child avatar is blurred out so to speak, those around them shall not be. 

I understand  LL wants to cover their ass but come on. This has been an issue for a few years. 

My alt an her partner have 2 rules and I think the second rule should go in to full effect for child avatars.

1. Real Life comes first.
  2. Never log off nude.

The second one came about when my alt login region was off line and she was dumped into a "safezone", naked.  It was originally meant as a joke, but now, not so funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Honey Puddles said:

vWVsMnc.png

ZF4yake.png

Xrrxy1V.png

Es7MQc3.png

ljsEUZD.png

EJJKPGE.png

I'm going to assume from that stream of images that you're asking what happens when you accidentally teleport to an A rated region.  The simple answer is you teleport away again.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

Yeah I'm sure if everyone left it would keep the lights on. There is no commerce, there are no sales, there are no spending habits to keep non spenders or low spenders happy here.  I know, I know.

They don't mind losing the trouble makers and rule breakers I'm sure .. so in that case yes those people are very expendable. 

That makes money for the creators and store owners. SL only makes money from the buying and selling fees. That might be enough to pay for Brad's lunch. Where it might be some income is from the sim/tier fees that the store owner has.

They likely don't care except for the headache of those complaining about the trouble makers and rule breakers. Even then up to now, they just seem to make an example of certain types who might be getting the most AR's and not contributing much back. Some other kinky ones don't get bothered because they are contributing to Brad dessert!

1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:

If they've been permabanned, then they're probably not reading this thread, of course.    However ...

Does anyone here have any reason to believe they were ever successfully AR-ed for something?   If so, what happened as a result? 

I don’t think we are allowed to talk about being punished after being ARed 😬

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That makes money for the creators and store owners. SL only makes money from the buying and selling fees. That might be enough to pay for Brad's lunch. Where it might be some income is from the sim/tier fees that the store owner has.

They likely don't care except for the headache of those complaining about the trouble makers and rule breakers. Even then up to now, they just seem to make an example of certain types who might be getting the most AR's and not contributing much back. Some other kinky ones don't get bothered because they are contributing to Brad dessert!

Yeah that's why I said there is no commerce sarcatically.... The store owners need to be fed .. so do the people that host events.. so do the venue owners.  They don't want to lose general residents who spend a lot to very little because it keeps the system going. If the big spenders had no reason to stay.. they have no reason to stay.  

I don't believe they are willy-nilly pushing out innocent residents. Period. It makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

I notice a handful of people that repeatably come in here and go "are you still talking about this, whats the point, why isn't this thread locked yet?" I'd like to say to them that complaining and discussion works sometimes.

Complaining is what is fixing other controversies on the net:

Complaining and discussions are what helped to fix cyberpunk 2077, and no mans sky, and is fixing Sony's insane decisions in regards to helldivers 2 pc release.

Does it always work? No. But it's better then doing nothing and bending the knee. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The issue with this is is that forums is not as big as the entire voice of Second Life users who are actually playing second life, so it's just a small part of the community with voices so it's not enough to make a large change.

Some of these people are trying to get other bodies to be in modesty or be seen as child bodies or trying to get certain looks banned, like Lunar even though over half the whole Second life players have and where Lunar, same with Crybunbun and same with brands like Heaux, Heaux is huge, same with Enfer Sombre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Tbh from from what I have heard the grids largest population demographics are millennials and Genz Most of them are well aware of anime. These fourm boomers mostly live in a bubble.(No offence to does who are gen x.)

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Also, nudity is certainly not EXPECTED on Moderate land.  Belli is Moderate but I'm sure most people don't EXPECT to see naked people walking down the street.

Our weekly traveling group visited a mainland M parcel last month or so. The place had big signs up pointing out that it was a nudity friendly/encouraged/expected kind of hang out, wasn't set to visible from the road as I remember and had a kind of foyer before you went into the main part. In that instance you would consider nudity expected, or at least possible. There was a "skip this area" option in the exploration HUD for anyone who didn't want to enter.

Are there going to be mobs of anti-child av protesters standing in random M store or club parcels, arms akimbo with their sausages dangling, daring those child av users to enter or forcing them to tp out? What parcel owner would tolerate that kind of trolling behaviour? What child av user would want to visit such a place if that behaviour was accepted? It would be like visiting a Gor place in your Hello Kitty power armoured furry avatar. You'd know you're not welcome and just leave and do something else. I don't think the lab is going to ban anyone for stepping foot in the wrong place and leaving immediately.

• Like 5

Just now, Yorkie Bardeen said:

Are there going to be mobs of anti-child av protesters standing in random M store or club parcels, arms akimbo with their sausages dangling, daring those child av users to enter or forcing them to tp out?

THAT would make for interesting stories in various blogs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Yup. welded on undies for everyone till age verification is provided.

I read this and snorted my coffee.  It brought to mind a bunch of pint size, but adorable, avatars lighting up blow torches.  

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Honey Puddles said:

vWVsMnc.png

ZF4yake.png

Xrrxy1V.png

Es7MQc3.png

ljsEUZD.png

EJJKPGE.png

If you right click on the SLurl that shows up in chat with that HUD, you can show on map which does show the maturity level of the region so probably something child-presenting avatars should be aware of and do going forward

af7f1e8edf463ac2a44ec3f3b580de23.thumb.png.6c75f99d193189c63539d0249278b8b5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2