So what changed in the Terms of Service?

11 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I have no idea what any of that is

Learn.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/en-US/stores/44810?search[category_id]=371&search[layout]=gallery&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[per_page]=96&search[sort]=released_at_desc&search[store_id]=44810

11 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

sails through your property dressed as a naked Jack Sparrow yelling, "THIS IS PUBLIC SAILABLE WATER ARRRR" ....throws a 0 second security orb

That's the second time in this thread you've made a gratuitous personal attack based on my dislike for privacy hating fanatically vehicular overentitled habitual repeat offending criminal trespasser fake explorers.

• Haha 1

The level of hate and misunderstanding is awful. I want to comply with the new rules and hope they sort the new modesty layer ASAP, like yesterday soon as the not knowing and uncertainty is not good for my stress levels. If it weren't for my SL family I'd have already closed my account and left SL altogether. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They do have a dark theme.. I think you can find that in your forum settings up under the little arrow under your forum avatar in the upper right corner..

I use that plus Dark Reader to double down on the darkness.. hehehe

Well plus because Darke Reader works on other sites that are too bright for me as well..

Thank you. You have saved me much pain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

The level of hate and misunderstanding is awful. I want to comply with the new rules and hope they sort the new modesty layer ASAP, like yesterday soon as the not knowing and uncertainty is not good for my stress levels. If it weren't for my SL family I'd have already closed my account and left SL altogether. 

Just wear some undies all the time, and all will be well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I haven't read what led up to that post but nobody is being "banned from accessing the majority of the product they pay for". Where did you get that idea from? In fact nobody is being banned from any of the product they pay for.

That is what the user I'm arguing with is try to suggest and justify. A wholesale ban from moderate regions. That consists of most of the mainland, and most of the grid including most PG content sims. (The disneyland sim being an example of PG content)

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Just wear some undies all the time, and all will be well.

There's no option to do that right now that meets LLs requirements. So, no, I can't just do that..... Please stop trivalising how people are feeling. 

It would be like if the government said your expensive car needs this new part to be compliant with new environment laws by 30 June. So you think oh crap and go to every car shop and dealer but no one has the part. It's simple right, just buy the part and your car that you spent thousands on is fine.... 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, stlshayne said:

I truly feel like if LL wanted away with child avatars we would have gotten different rules. They had time to think about this.

when you put frogs in a pan in hot water they will try to jump out (=fast change)
when you put them in cold water and heat it slowly they will not try to escape (slow changes)

• Like 1

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

when you put frogs in a pan in hot water they will try to jump out (=fast change)
when you put them in cold water and heat it slowly they will not try to escape (slow changes)

To be clear LL are not planning to boil child avatars alive!

(let's not give any more ideas to the anti-child avatar faction, they have enough wacky ones already! 🤣)

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

That is what the user I'm arguing with is try to suggest and justify. A wholesale ban from moderate regions. That consists of most of the mainland, and most of the grid including most PG content sims.

People in this thread who "present as Minors" have repeatedly whined about the breaking of their immersive RP caused by having to give up mixed age nude beaches, and visiting A rated parcels.

Think of it as the ULTIMATE in "Deep Immersive Para RolePlay".

Present as a Minor in SL, get treated as a Minor in SL, and limited to those parts of SL designated for Minors.

More immersion is good right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

there are male karens too 😁

We know that no one said that they don't exist.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

There's no option to do that right now that meets LLs requirements. So, no, I can't just do that..... Please stop trivalising how people are feeling. 

Have you considered just switching to a grown-up / adult avatar? For me, that would be like if I was told to stop being Neko and only be "normal human", after so many years - not sure I could handle it.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

People in this thread who "present as Minors" have repeatedly whined about the breaking of their immersive RP caused by having to give up mixed age nude beaches, and visiting A rated parcels.

Think of it as the ULTIMATE in "Deep Immersive Para RolePlay".

Present as a Minor in SL, get treated as a Minor in SL, and limited to those parts of SL designated for Minors.

More immersion is good right?

Your just embarrassing yourself at this point. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

To be clear LL are not planning to boil child avatars alive!

(let's not give any more ideas to the anti-child avatar faction, they have enough wacky ones already! 🤣)

They're going to boil them dead?!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Sorry. I'm not intentionally trivialising anything. It's just that I don't see how any child avatar can't comply with the new rules right now. It seems to me that simply not being naked covers it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Pay attention, I know it's hard with the lack of cranial space caused by tennis ball sized Anime eyes but try.

Linden Research, aka LL, the creators and owners of SecondLife, clearly state that NO real life people under the age of 18, are allowed to log in and visit M rated regions REGARDLESS of what type of avatar they choose to wear.

Real life people aged 16 and 17 are restricted to G rated regions.

M Rated regions are "PG-18 No Sex or Violence".

based on what you bolded, as long as the person behind the avatar is over 18, they are allowed to visit adult sims even if they are a toddler in dispers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Your just embarrassing yourself at this point. 😅

Don't bother debating this person, nothing will be gained.

3 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Sorry. I'm not intentionally trivialising anything. It's just that I don't see how any child avatar can't comply with the new rules right now. It seems to me that simply not being naked covers it all.

Read the new requirements closely. People like him are now required to wear a skin that has odd-colored blotches on the groin area, and to replace any of his clothing if it has a genital bump. This could mean anywhere between $10 and $1000 in real money gets flushed down the drain because of a TOS change.

Edited by BriannaLovey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

It didn't sound bogus to me, though it may have been. Is there a reason why you think it was bogus?

Either way, it's had a good effect, imo.

its called a false flag, create a crisis, pretend someone else did it, then implement policy changes you had planned on doing anyway.

Id give rl examples, but its agsinst the rules 😁

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Phil Deakins said:

The rules go further and require content creators to update child avatars so that the new modesty layer is locked in to the body itself. It cannot be transparent, cannot be the same colour as skin but most importantly MUST NEVER BE ABLE TO BE REMOVED. 

Child avis must be using an updated body from June 30 or will be banned. It's not as simple as put on some undies. I already wear BOM ones.... 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2