A Balm Thread - Tell me some Good News about Second Life

I think we need a temporary thread to discuss some "good news" about Second Life. A soothing "balm".

This is to help cancel out the headache of recent Forum posts which seem to be very negative.

Personal news, something you heard or did, anything at all about Second Life.

For my part, I worked on a script today! And, I saw a Mobile bug that I filed, referenced in the "bugs" email that gets sent out!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've been dancing @ Kirtan, and that always puts me in a good mood, rather giddy atm.

About ready to peruse Fantasy Fairre before the doors are closed this year.  A friend is one of the fire dancers @ 5pm.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here's about 6 pages worth

Good point! However, that thread was not specifically about Second Life.  That is a grandfathered "whatever" thread, like the "Pet Peeves" thread.

Another piece of "Good News" - I found out that I have more than 1000 prims available on my parcel still!   I have the idea of buying a lot of food people suggested and lay it all out in one place (like a buffet).

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

1. I'm at my most fav. Club, dancing and enjoying the nice side of SL 🙂 

2. I finally finished my houseboat and it feels like home now.

3. A cute woman I met at a shop told me that I look beautiful ❤️ Warms my heart in both worlds

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I rejoice that I have this wonderful fantasy world to exist and grow in and enjoy. I am so happy that we have the avatars we have now; our clothing, hair, and attachments are what I dreamed of for years. I am thankful for the many friendships I have formed. And that's just the beginning!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

3. A cute woman I met at a shop told me that I look beautiful ❤️ Warms my heart in both worlds

That is awesome!  If nobody told you since then, you are indeed beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

zxPQrIS.jpeg

I think that Second Life is the only place where one can build and construct things this way:
Lovin' it.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Forgot to include the picture (again). 🤣
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

That IS "Good News"! I assume this is because you fixed your "Clothes Dryer"?

/me looks innocent

Yes!

/me walks away with another sock

mwahahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I got two cute tops and one cute short on weekend sale.  I love shopping.  We have cute stuff now compared to 2007.

Oh this is so true! I love shopping as well 😍 My bank account not so much hehehe

• Like 2

After three weeks of shopping and finding nothing, I found this hat fatpack for $L90.. hehehe

I think I finally won the game , because I don't have anything left to buy.. hehehe

Mynewhat.thumb.png.3a1558f4e0c13caf5887c8080fc7f2fe.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just upgraded from an older, applier-only mesh body (Lara 4.1) to the latest versions (Lara5.3/Lara X) and from an older, applier-only mesh head (LAQ Athena) to an EvoX head (LeLutka Avalon 3.1). I spent loads of time over the last couple days (up until 4AM one and until 6AM this morning!!!) figuring out how BOM works; looking at a lot of heads and spending time modifying a few to see if I could make them into something I like and a massive amount of time on the one I finally selected; and tracking down and demoing skins and understanding how skins that only apply to tattoo layers can work (blank skin does the job!); and finally tracking down and demoing make-up for EVoX heads. As always SL means everything is tedious and painful, but I enjoyed the process and love that I learned a whole new set of things (even though they have been around for a long time now lol). I also love how my avi looks now, extremely pleased with her!! Now if I can just figure out how to make her look older than 20; at least I did manage to make her not look 16 already, though lol (omg some of these heads and the head skin displays look like 14-year-olds, and many look 16!!!).

My next task is to look for clothes that actually fit the Lara X body so I can fully transition. Some people seem to say that all the new clothes fit only Lara X, but others say that the transition from classic Lara to Lara X is going very slowly. I grabbed a few Demos from stores at which I shopped last time I was in SL (2 - 3 years), and none of them had a Lara X version in the folder. That's fine, I can live with Lara, it's just that the shoulders and other areas they improved do make a big different, at least to me.

Finally, have gone around and checked out some clubs I used to frequent, most of which are still around. I have enjoyed hanging out and listening to some good music and dancing, and have had a couple of random conversations that have been good. So, so far enjoying this time around in SL.

I *would* be curious to know that the 'doom and gloom' is if someone wants to DM me? I just returned to the Forum, and noticed the 1200 reply thread on TOS, but I have no idea what that is about or if all the doom and gloom is related to that. I did also see something about Tilia being sold, which seems indicate things not going so well at LL, but I dunno.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I just upgraded from an older, applier-only mesh body (Lara 4.1) to the latest versions (Lara5.3/Lara X) and from an older, applier-only mesh head (LAQ Athena) to an EvoX head (LeLutka Avalon 3.1). I spent loads of time over the last couple days (up until 4AM one and until 6AM this morning!!!) figuring out how BOM works; looking at a lot of heads and spending time modifying a few to see if I could make them into something I like and a massive amount of time on the one I finally selected; and tracking down and demoing skins and understanding how skins that only apply to tattoo layers can work (blank skin does the job!); and finally tracking down and demoing make-up for EVoX heads. As always SL means everything is tedious and painful, but I enjoyed the process and love that I learned a whole new set of things (even though they have been around for a long time now lol). I also love how my avi looks now, extremely pleased with her!! Now if I can just figure out how to make her look older than 20; at least I did manage to make her not look 16 already, though lol (omg some of these heads and the head skin displays look like 14-year-olds, and many look 16!!!).

My next task is to look for clothes that actually fit the Lara X body so I can fully transition. Some people seem to say that all the new clothes fit only Lara X, but others say that the transition from classic Lara to Lara X is going very slowly. I grabbed a few Demos from stores at which I shopped last time I was in SL (2 - 3 years), and none of them had a Lara X version in the folder. That's fine, I can live with Lara, it's just that the shoulders and other areas they improved do make a big different, at least to me.

Finally, have gone around and checked out some clubs I used to frequent, most of which are still around. I have enjoyed hanging out and listening to some good music and dancing, and have had a couple of random conversations that have been good. So, so far enjoying this time around in SL.

I *would* be curious to know that the 'doom and gloom' is if someone wants to DM me? I just returned to the Forum, and noticed the 1200 reply thread on TOS, but I have no idea what that is about or if all the doom and gloom is related to that. I did also see something about Tilia being sold, which seems indicate things not going so well at LL, but I dunno.

A lot so..hopefully someone will catch you up!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

It's about changes to rules for child avatars. It's not really doom and gloom -- just a bit of hurt feelings or confusion (which I sort of get), and some triumphalism on the other side (which is unnecessary and unhelpful).

And welcome back, Caer! 🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

After three weeks of shopping and finding nothing, I found this hat fatpack for $L90.. hehehe

I think I finally won the game , because I don't have anything left to buy.. hehehe

Mynewhat.thumb.png.3a1558f4e0c13caf5887c8080fc7f2fe.png

Cute!!!

WHERE???

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's about changes to rules for child avatars. It's not really doom and gloom -- just a bit of hurt feelings or confusion (which I sort of get), and some triumphalism on the other side (which is unnecessary and unhelpful).

And welcome back, Caer! 🙂

Ah, ok, thx Scylla. I have a lot of thoughts on that, but they vary a lot with context. Honestly, I am sure I am too ill-informed to really have anything worth saying on the topic. Also, I am quite sure that however I feel one way or another makes absolutely zero difference in whatever rules are implemented by LL either here or in SL. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope you are doing well!

Caer :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Btw @Scylla Rhiadra, if you ever want to see how my avi looks now (beyond that tiny profile pic here lol) just let me know. If not, zero problem! :)

Of course I do! And I'd like to reconnect; it's been a while!

Look for a shout out from me in-world!

• Like 2