Attention! Use of Red Cross mark

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

SL is not involved in any armed conflicts. Let me know if LL/SL ever does engage in armed conflict because that is something I would have to see to believe.

Did you miss all the threads between Home Invading Explorers and  Security Orb Users?

• Haha 6

England: Saint George's Cross flag.

Scotland: Saint Andrew's Saltire flag.

Ireland (pre 1921): Saint Patrick's Saltire flag.

UJ2.JPG

* Wales is represented by England's flag, as Wales was annexed into the Kingdom of England in 1284 & 1536.

** Northern Ireland has been represented in the Union Flag by the Saint Patrick's Saltire flag since 1921.

In 1959, an official national flag for Wales was created for the first time, just in time for Prince Charles'  Investiture as Prince of Wales in 1969:

wales-flag-std_2.jpg

Wales also has a patron saint flag too, the Saint David's Flag, some Welsh prefer it as their national flag:

st-davids-cross-flag-std_1.jpg

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It's just like "very" then, an overused qualifier that adds no actual meaning, with the exception that "quite" sounds pretentious when used by someone who is not English.

Literally!

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How could they NOT be "quite correct", assuming they are an "authority"?

The "Flag Institute" is a private club for Flag-Nerds, that's claimed charitable Status.

They are an Officially Unofficial body that keeps an Officially Unofficial register of all Flags used by towns, counties, civic bodies, organisations, etc., in the UK.

In SL terms, think a bunch of Bellicosian HOA Committee members stomping around the Mainland telling people off for not using the right flags.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The "Flag Institute" is a private club for Flag-Nerds

Ah...!

that's claimed charitable Status.

From the rest of your post and what Sarah posted, "Flag-Nerds" is putting it quite charitably!

In SL terms, think a bunch of Bellicosian HOA Committee members stomping around the Mainland telling people off for not using the right flags.

..With flags!

Bob Canada's BlogWorld: Happy Fortieth (!) Anniversary To Monty Python And The  Holy Grail!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

England: Saint George's Cross flag.

Scotland: Saint Andrew's Saltire flag.

Ireland (pre 1921): Saint Patrick's Saltire flag.

UJ2.JPG

I'm not sure what to make of the arrows.

Perhaps there were no actual arrows involved, and the arrows are merely symbolic.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps there were no actual arrows involved, and the arrows are merely symbolic.

Oh course they are symbolic.

By the time those Flag-Mergers were taking place, any "aggressive negotiations" involved muskets, not bows!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm not sure what to make of the arrows.

There were arrows involved, but they should be where the "+" between England and Scotland are. By the time Ireland was in play, they probably were mostly using firearms.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Thanks 2

Earlier in the thread I was gonna paste a picture of a naughty nurse costume, but found the ones on Google image search actually had a white cross on a red background. I assume this inversion is to protect manufacturers from copyright infringement, as well as complaint letters from well-meaning consumers hoping to educate and enlighten them.

Oh, there are still some out there including my own in a box somewhere in RL...

a29075db2a306bd5407da732c5f53813.thumb.jpg.fadd9884ff3887e49d6ce3d2bdc457e5.jpg

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

This is an "Animaniacs" reference, not particularly naughty as I understand it.Hello Nurse Costume | Carbon Costume | DIY Dress-Up Guides for Cosplay &  Halloween

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

Earlier in the thread I was gonna paste a picture of a naughty nurse costume, but found the ones on Google image search actually had a white cross on a red background. I assume this inversion is to protect manufacturers from copyright infringement, as well as complaint letters from well-meaning consumers hoping to educate and enlighten them.

Or, a RED sexy minidres looks sexier than a white one.

Or.

They are all in fact, made and exported from Switzerland, as a cunning ploy to help Chocolate sales, my making it much easier for the "patients" seeing the "nurses" to melt their chocolate bars.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I bet when her friend heard her say, "Tonight we're throwing away the Geneva Convention," they were expecting something completely different.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The arrows are like those found in a family tree diagram.

A quick Google search does not reveal arrows in those diagrams..instead, the position "above" / "below" implies inheritance / parentage, etc. IJS.

Example:

Simple Family Tree | Family Tree Template

2 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

I bet when her friend heard her say, "Tonight we're throwing away the Geneva Convention," they were expecting something completely different.

Peeve: General Foods International Coffee flavors did not include a "Geneva" flavor.  I suppose "Suisse Mocha" would have to do.

General Foods International Coffee flavors include:
Hazelnut, Francais, Original, Orange, Suisse Mocha, French Vanilla, Café Vienna, and Mint Mocha

2 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Georgia (the country, not the US state) blatantly ripped off England's flag and made it their official national flag as recently as 2004...

georgia-flag-std.jpg

Didn't England rip off St. George first?

• Thanks 1