Revalue the L$ -> $1US = L$100

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It seems you don't understand that LL is the entity in control of this. They make more money (or think they do) by structuring things the way they do.

If you pay $ 20 to have a stall at a craft fair in RL, the people who organized the fair don't owe you any sales or compensation. In fact, you might be required to pay them a portion of your sales or to donate an item to a raffle. This is what LL does in SL. On the Marketplace they take a cut of your sales. With their Shop & Hop events, you donate an item. They are not a charity supporting independent creators.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If you want to advocate for better conditions, offer solutions. Create a forum or even a thread where others can suggest and debate possible solutions. @Coffee Pancake made a suggestion with this thread that we've been debating. So far I haven't seen much support for it, but at least we're having a discussion. 

I'm not sure I understand your need to control the thread. In other threads people have made proposals where the discussion went on ad nauseam.  Why is this thread different or in need of your control?

Since the thread only began today we haven't even had the chance for creators to weigh in. They're probably off somewhere creating and don't live on the forum as the forum regulars do.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:
35 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It seems you don't understand that LL is the entity in control of this. They make more money (or think they do) by structuring things the way they do.

If you pay $ 20 to have a stall at a craft fair in RL, the people who organized the fair don't owe you any sales or compensation. In fact, you might be required to pay them a portion of your sales or to donate an item to a raffle. This is what LL does in SL. On the Marketplace they take a cut of your sales. With their Shop & Hop events, you donate an item. They are not a charity supporting independent creators.

They don't have to follow a capitalist model, is essentially what I'm saying.  They are choosing to do so.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

And in return you get access to their customer base for your potential profit, big or small, and that is fair.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

They don't have to follow a capitalist model, is essentially what I'm saying.  They are choosing to do so.

Why wouldn't they ? This is beyond......................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I hope you will understand that I do not want you to address me further with this annoying attitude.  Thank you.

Not the way forums work. Use the block feature. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CaitlinParker said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I hope you will understand that I do not want you to address me further with this annoying attitude.  Thank you.

All because I asked you obvious yes or no questions, you suddenly want to go the passive aggressive route?

I'm only aggressive when need be...never 'passive aggressive'.   If you can't see how the way you frame the debate and the manner in which you speak could be seen as annoying, well I can't help you.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

"And now the time is near,
And so we face the final curtain...."

It is getting way to personal (again)

Which Mole will step in with the keys this time?
Or will it be a Linden.

I for one, would like to see they play out. Maybe they will eventually tire themselves out. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Not the way forums work. Use the block feature. 

I don't believe in using the Block feature.  It's like saying nothing the blocked person says in the future could be interesting, and usually that would not be the case.  I believe in polite requests.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Modulated said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Why wouldn't they ? This is beyond......................

Because capitalism sucks?   Unless you're at the top.  Oh.

I'm not sure I understand your need to control the thread. In other threads people have made proposals where the discussion went on ad nauseam.  Why is this thread different or in need of your control?

Since the thread only began today we haven't even had the chance for creators to weigh in. They're probably off somewhere creating and don't live on the forum as the forum regulars do.

Who are you and what have you done with the person who runs a two-region landscaping business? 

(I mean, some of us might not be upset by whatever you did, but it's an interesting question.)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Who are you and what have you done with the person who runs a two-region landscaping business? 

(I mean, some of us might not be upset by whatever you did, but it's an interesting question.)

I guess you didn't notice I said CreatorS with an 's' on the end.  That would be more than just me or one other person (Sid).  The rest appear to be only consumers.

I guess you didn't notice I said CreatorS with an 's' on the end.  That would be more than just me or one other person (Sid).  The rest appear to be only consumers.

Appearances can be deceptive.

• Thanks 1

I think a discussion on Capitalism and its alternatives are beyond the scope of this thread, and likely devolve into that dreaded 'P' word (Politics), so we best not go there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm a creator, and i completely disagree with just about anything you said here, so don't... ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

I'm a creator, and i completely disagree with just about anything you said here, so don't... ;) 

Thank you for coming out.  As a lover of Capitalism and all it entails I can see we'd likely disagree on many, many things.

Edited by Luna Bliss

5 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

the person who runs a two-region landscaping business? 

?!?!?! I'm not about to feel sorry for ANY creators who make enough to pay for multiple Regions!

That was revealing, thank you.

They can just have less Regions, or Zero Regions, and sell from the MP.  After all, they're just giving LL their earnings for those Regions, then turning around and blaming LL for this situation.  HYPOCRISY!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm only aggressive when need be...never 'passive aggressive'.   If you can't see how the way you frame the debate and the manner in which you speak could be seen as annoying, well I can't help you.

Don't play that.

I disagreed with you and the OP simply because everything the two you said was wrong.  I even asked you obvious questions and you're avoiding them while giving the excuse that I'm coming off on you as annoying.  No, that's you being passive aggressive and attempting to deflect everything that's being said to you... so as a previous person just said...

1 minute ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

... don't... ;) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

?!?!?! I'm not about to feel sorry for ANY creators who make enough to pay for multiple Regions!

That was revealing, thank you.

Who said I paid for the regions, or paid for all the costs?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think a discussion on Capitalism and its alternatives are beyond the scope of this thread, and likely devolve into that dreaded 'P' word (Politics), so we best not go there.

Fine. If you want to be paid more, simply charge more.  Don't blame someone else; take responsibility.  

If your goods are worth it, people will pay for it.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT!!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.