Revalue the L$ -> $1US = L$100

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No don't agree. Undercutting is a race to the bottom...have never heard of a race to the top. No way you could get cooperation for a race to the top in a competitive society.

Like I said, I only believe a change will come when people value both the internet and virtual goods more than they do now.  It will likely be a long process, but just like we've had to fight for our rights out in the real world as the corporations formed and tried to use us, squeeze as much as they could from us, we'll have to fight on the internet too.

Cool. So, until you guys "learn how to fight" instead of just complaining, I expect we will lose a lot of you. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I respect you. For once! Write down the date!

Well, it's the Second of April here, so i'm taking you up on that. Screenshotted it and keeping it handy to wave in your face regularly. ;) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Standard operating procedure.  Just roll your eyes and move on as most of us do.  😁

Most? There are other eyes, outside what you see here in our little enclave, that roll mightily at many forum posters here... 

Just now, CaithLynnSayes said:
6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I respect you. For once! Write down the date!

Well, it's the Second of April here, so i'm taking you up on that. Screenshotted it and keeping it handy to wave in your face regularly. ;) 

Ok, now I have to be nice to you for all Eternity and ignore when you make mean "Righty" jokes!

It's a deal! (I forget what I get out of it.)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Fair enough...it does require more.

However, I think the starting point is actually valuing what creators do here, and feeling the need to compensate them to a greater degree for their time.  I do get this positive feedback from so many residents inworld. I don't get this lovely attitude here though, on the forum.  What I do get is a sense of entitlement from many of you.

You're right. Some people here even think they're entitled to control a thread that they didn't even start.

• Thanks 3

Cool. So, until you guys "learn how to fight" instead of just complaining, I expect we will lose a lot of you. 

Good luck!

The first step in any fight for justice is awareness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:
30 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Fair enough...it does require more.

However, I think the starting point is actually valuing what creators do here, and feeling the need to compensate them to a greater degree for their time.  I do get this positive feedback from so many residents inworld. I don't get this lovely attitude here though, on the forum.  What I do get is a sense of entitlement from many of you.

You're right. Some people here even think they're entitled to control a thread that they didn't even start.

It's not controlling the thread when I respond to attacks.  Should I just say nothing in response?

Back on topic.

Do people who create "deserve" more? Yes.

Are they "entitled" to more? No.

Should everyone else have to "suffer" by raising prices for "everything" including the "cost of L$"? No.

Did we solve anything today? No.

Did we at least raise awareness? No, it was wiped out by all the entitlement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So you agree with me - simply charge more. Then others will charge more too. (A "race to the top".)

Awesome!!

ETA: NOT blaming those who sell for lower prices, would be like NOT blaming WAL-MART, Dollar Tree, Amazon, etc. for ruining small businesses by undercutting prices.

Those who charge less in SL are not large corporations buying cheap merchandise from overseas and paying slave wages to their labor force.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

If that's your "everything is black and white", "everything is good or evil", "not-paranoid-at-all" take on it, cool!

Sorry, thought I had the right to agree with @CaithLynnSayesfor once, didn't know that would risk making it about you!

You learn so very much about people from these threads.

But honestly, it's not about you - at all - none of it.  You just keep posting, so we keep providing counter-points.  It only became about YOU when someone outed you as a "successful" creator, which makes me wonder what YOU have to complain about.  I guess there's such a thing as "caring too much".

• Like 4

Back on topic.

Should everyone else have to "suffer" by raising prices for "everything" including the "cost of L$"? No.

I'm going to be entitled and say; it boils down to what i said earlier. If you feel you don't earn enough here. Find additional income. The planes didn't do it for me, but the scripting for others does. My RL job does. I don't put my eggs in one basket. I'm sorry but if you don't (want) to understand that, then the education system failed you.

Don't rely on others, stand on your own legs, figure it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Back on topic.

If anyone is showing entitlement here, it's not the consumers.  That's for sure.

I worked for a company in a service position.  After I had my son, I realized I could make 3x as much offering this service on my own so that's what I did.  I surely didn't expect the company to pay me 3x what they were paying everyone else.  If you have a talent in SL, sell it for what you think it's worth.  If people buy it, great.  If not, reaccess your business model.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Those who charge less in SL are not large corporations buying cheap merchandise from overseas and paying slave wages to their labor force.

In SOME cases they are providing lower-quality goods, and/or re-selling products they bought as "full perm" (or even "copied" products they don't have a right to resell). So, yeah - it's an apt comparison.  Those who sell at the lowest prices can be easily seen as "the bad guys" if you use your imagination, make some assumptions, etc.  

Probably the "race to the bottom" argument is one of the few weak "pro-creator" arguments in this thread which I agree with. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No don't agree. Undercutting is a race to the bottom...have never heard of a race to the top. No way you could get cooperation for a race to the top in a competitive society.

Like I said, I only believe a change will come when people value both the internet and virtual goods more than they do now.  It will likely be a long process, but just like we've had to fight for our rights out in the real world as the corporations formed and tried to use us, squeeze as much as they could from us, we'll have to fight on the internet too.

People don't value real items made by real people enough - food, clothing, toys, etc. What makes you think they'll value virtual items more?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It only became about YOU when someone outed you as a "successful" creator, which makes me wonder what YOU have to complain about.  I guess there's such a thing as "caring too much".

I'm not a successful creator. I haven't put anything on the market in months, due to illness. I did, slowly create a nice landscape for Whole Brain Health, and bit by bit finished my park.

By the way...I'm not so much championing me or what I need as I am championing artists in general and what they need to survive in any world.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

People don't value real items made by real people enough - food, clothing, toys, etc. What makes you think they'll value virtual items more?

I never said I thought they would ever value virtual items more.

But I think some gratitude is in order, for whatever we receive or ind useful in our lives in any world.  It's amazing how that feels -- a sense of gratitude and appreciation. It's a total change in consciousness.

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:
19 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Most? There are other eyes, outside what you see here in our little enclave, that roll mightily at many forum posters here... 

Where's @Rowan Amore's giant eyeroll emoji when I need it. 😆

I heard it got stuck in the back of her head and she had a seizure.  Hoping for a full recovery.

• Haha 1

Oooh a drama thread.

I'll chime in with my hot take: when you don't truly own something the value of what you have purchased is necessarily quite low. Every single dollar spent on SL could be gone tomorrow, could be gone with a single click in fact.

Sure, nothing lasts forever and in terms of longevity SL has proven itself very well - as far as I know has the best (longest lasting, strongest) virtual economy on the internet - so maybe we should have more faith in it and the market value of everything in it should adjust to this reality but there still seems to be that lingering doubt.

We just get the right to use a temporary copy of a thing in most cases, it is rare that anything is a one off, very little is exclusive and ultimately we don't own anything. That has an effect on the price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In SOME cases they are providing lower-quality goods, and/or re-selling products they bought as "full perm" (or even "copied" products they don't have a right to resell). So, yeah - it's an apt comparison.  Those who sell at the lowest prices can be easily seen as "the bad guys" if you use your imagination, make some assumptions, etc.  

Probably the "race to the bottom" argument is one of the few weak "pro-creator" arguments in this thread which I agree with. 

I agree too. It's just that in SL I think it's mostly small scale creators undercutting other small scale creators. The large scale creators have to show quality if they want to be competitive and stay in business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I heard it got stuck in the back of her head and she had a seizure.  Hoping for a full recovery.

Well, I, for one am rolling my eyes so far back in my head that i make direct eye contact with the goblin that operates me like a marionette at the illogical things you're saying here. - well, i mean, i see what it is you are doing but it's kinda delusional and does not compare to the real world. You can call me a "Capitalism Lover" all you want (I saw you edit that post) but it does not take away from the fact that it works. You thinking its a good idea to completely overthrow the value of the Linden Dollar because you want gratitude for what you made in SL is... Wow, just wow...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1