2024 Faster fps without spending money (: "NOT FOR LAPTOPS"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 84 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, rottweiler Lednev said:

I have never seen firestorm creator in chats trying to joke comedy reply's.

Firestorm does not have an "individual" creator, unlike Henri's viewer.  Henri is not "joking" in his replies (unless I missed it).

Payment info is not related to the viewer, at all.

Good luck in your search!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, rottweiler Lednev said:

Reply Solar Legion

We are tired of hearing you and you negative $$$T maybe u have else ware to be other then you rude views ok

And you start to sound like someone my then 6 year old godchild encountered during a Call Of Duty session, ranting and bragging about the system he got, best of the best and got cut off by my nephew, who was running the game on a Frankenstein computer of 2nd hands and given parts as followed: "Might be, but I am the one who shot 7 times the snot out of your nose"

Edited by Dorientje Woller

42 minutes ago, rottweiler Lednev said:

Reply Love Zhaoying

It be nice if Henri Beauchamp mentioned specs and also viewer for that high fps.

Henri is the creator and #1 dev of the Cool viewer. He knows what he is doing.

I already get 120+fps with a GeForce 1660 on Firestorm (on high ultra) when no one really needs anything higher than 60fps.

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
  • 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable) RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super (6GB GDDR6)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rottweiler Lednev said:

Reply Henri Beauchamp

Well that doesn't sound cool. Might be a better idea not to use its founder and creators avatar and account for personal reasons but hey im not the creator.

I have never seen firestorm creator in chats trying to joke comedy reply's. I feel they would have a separate avatar for personal reasons.

My group will not be using this product and its commentary will be summitted to lindens head staff so they can see what I mean by this.

Its hard to trust a product when its founder is making comedy and not taking the product serious I and any others who wants faster fps will also see this and think O my.

Some wont and some will this is why good conduct proper ethics and good reform are all things to represent your products with.

Thanks. Now I know you really don't have a clue about Henri, his Cool viewer, Firestorm or Jessica who is not a dev just project head.

It pays to do some research before opening mouth and inserting foot to the knee.

• Like 3

Reply Silent Mistwalker

There will be many person to read these chat for years to come so it might be best if you like henry to not reply with personal feeling instead inform other on how some one can use a product to represent faster fps. That is the  point of this conversations.

It is not a place for you rants or personal feelings it was for users to actually find out how to get faster fps.

The end

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, rottweiler Lednev said:

Reply Silent Mistwalker

There will be many person to read these chat for years to come so it might be best if you like henry to not reply with personal feeling instead inform other on how some one can use a product to represent faster fps. That is the  point of this conversations.

It is not a place for you rants or personal feelings it was for users to actually find out how to get faster fps.

The end

LMAO Tell that to someone who hasn't been in SL for 20 years. You'd have a better chance of them believing you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rottweiler Lednev said:

Might be time for the creator to make alternate account for post reply's so personal feelings is not linked to a company with a product they represent as reliable.

When someone has a reputable product/viewer, they have no need to hide behind an alt.  Please educate yourself about how SL and TPVs work before posting.  The only one looking bad in this thread is you.  Just sayin'.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rottweiler Lednev said:

It would make sense I am concerned that a viewer I never heard of it and it is on my page showing faster fps

My first thought was omg is second life safe in 3rd party viewers. I and many other users probably removed there payment asap.

You say it has no payment but how do i know this for sure today is my first time to hear about it and in my forum is comedy from its creator that does not make me feel Ok to try.

NONE of the valid and approved by SL TPVs have any need of payment info. The viewers are free to use along with any features they may have.

Please do yourself a favor and do the research before posting more nonsense.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Policy on Third-Party Viewers

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

1. This is a Thread, in a Subcategory contained within a larger Category on a Forum - not a 'chat' system
  2. There are no TPV devs that utilize alternative accounts to interact with the user base here - such would do far more harm to their reputations (on top of whatever other problems/harms their responses/attitudes generate)
  3. As a few others have already suggested it really would behoove you to familiarize yourself with the TPV Directory (among other things) before continuing on
    1. It would also behoove you to cease pretending to speak for anyone outside of yourself
  • Like 2

I wont be replying to this forum any more I am having a conversation with linden labs regarding 3rd party viewers.

Until I know more I would say even using firestorm now makes me feel a bit un easy based on what I have seen and learned today.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

A conversation that will go nowhere very quickly. TPVs have been around for a very long time, those on the TPV Directory (while self-certified) are 'safe' to use.

Whatever you may think you have seen or learned today ... is all but certain to be no more than your own imaginings.

• Like 3

Then do not use a TPV that is not on the Directory - simple as that.

Here's the download page for the official, Linden Lab created Viewer - do note the bottom section that says

Other Viewers

Advanced Second Life residents may want to experiment with different viewers, including our latest release candidate of the SL Viewer.

Help make the SL Viewer even better! If you're an experienced Resident, then download one of the latest release candidate or project SL Viewers and let us know what you think.

Alternate viewers can be found on our Release Notes page, including Project Viewers, Third-Party Viewers, and the Second Life Development Viewer.

There is a link there that takes you here - which reads as follows

Third-Party Viewers
Many Second Life developers, outside of Linden Lab, offer customized Second Life viewers. Please note that Linden Lab does not support third-party viewers.

See the Third Party Viewer Directory for a listing of third-party viewers created by developers who have certified that they comply with the Policy on Third Party Viewers.

Detailed information about many viewers in the Third Party Viewer Directory may be found in the Resident-maintained Downloads wiki article.

and contains further links - namely to the Third Party Viewer Directory and to the Policies regarding Third Party Viewers.

Point blank: You're fearmongering now (at best).

ETA: Ah yes, double down on the paranoia ...

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 1

If you are not going to read the information, you have no leg to stand on whatsoever with regard to your 'concerns' - you have been willfully ignorant (which is different than simply not knowing).

That is on you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 84 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.